Recent Topics

Ads

Ability Rework effects on PvE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Hazmy
Community Management

Ability Rework effects on PvE

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 am

I don't know how much of this is planned for the future to be improved even further but I just wanted to say I really REALLY appreciate the effects of the Ability Rework based on today's test, on PvE and PvE Enemies overall!

Some things I've noticed:
  • Quests where you have to use siege machines have animations
  • NPCs imitate using siege engines, making the world feel alive
  • A lot more NPC abilities constantly being used
  • Quest Items had effects
  • Overall more animations in the world
Please keep up with the work, as someone who loves PvE and travelling in the game's world - just this one day was a massive difference in how good the game felt outside of PvP! I can only imagine how fun Dungeons will be in the future or how cool events and new quests you would be able to implement moving on - not to mention re-adding animations to memorable Public Quests like Greenskin first PQ with the giant!

Thank you!

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Re: Ability Rework effects on PvE

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:56 am

Noslock wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:47 amPvE 😂
I'm rather sure there are more than enough people on the server who enjoy the PvE aspect too of RoR, it's just really needless to be rude when you can simply ignore a post you have nothing to contribute to.

The Abiltiy Rework Update also heavily targets PvE content too so feedback about it is expected.

java

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 am

Glad for you and the game as a whole. I haven't bothered much with PvE but perhaps it is time to revisit. Excited to see the changes.

Helwer

Post#4 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:46 am

Agree with the overall more animation in the world but am curious about stats and work of these abilities. Tried T1 yesterday and have to say that it sucks for leveling or trying to pq solo or in small groups. In my opinion way too hard atm, you won't find groups for that most likely. Just think about how much Gunbad has been nerfed so people were able to do it without wipe on the bosses. Adding difficulties won't help PvE.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#5 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Helwer wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:46 am Agree with the overall more animation in the world but am curious about stats and work of these abilities. Tried T1 yesterday and have to say that it sucks for leveling or trying to pq solo or in small groups. In my opinion way too hard atm, you won't find groups for that most likely. Just think about how much Gunbad has been nerfed so people were able to do it without wipe on the bosses. Adding difficulties won't help PvE.
Monsters definitely are overtuned next to having abilities. Tier 1 like you said specifically was painful to do as a brand new character!

I don't think difficulty is the main benefit of this patch - but rather to make PvE content more interesting. Abilities and special interaction can make Events and Dungeons a lot more interactive - doesn't mean they have to be tougher!

Noslock

Post#6 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:58 pm

Hazmy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:56 am
I'm rather sure there are more than enough people on the server who enjoy the PvE aspect too of RoR, it's just really needless to be rude when you can simply ignore a post you have nothing to contribute to.

The Abiltiy Rework Update also heavily targets PvE content too so feedback about it is expected.

Well there are probably 1 million games with better PvE than this but sure suityourself on the pepega PvE of ror 😂

Noslock

Post#7 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:58 pm
Hazmy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:56 am

Well there are probably 1 million games with better PvE than this but sure suit yourself with the pepega PvE of ror 😂