Recent Topics

Ads

Red Light Effect

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
cairlaith

Red Light Effect

Post#1 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 am

Hello everyone !
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to ask this.

Problem
I know that many addons cause lag and stutter problems after the new patch, and I use nothing other than my personalized minimal Enemy addons.

Red Light effect was an old feature, I don't know and I'm not curios why you brought it back.

Feedback
Whenever a mass with this Red Light effect forms during a Fight, it causes incredible stutter. The game becomes almost unplayable.

On the other hand, since everything looks red, it becomes very difficult for us (especially for Healers) to determine other friendly (nearby, other than warband) players who needs help...

Exaggeration and Dramatization

It's like we're drowning in a flood of red and there's nothing other than red

Reason
An indicator in the game that does not concern me at all makes the game unbearable for me (us?/them?/anyone?).

Suggestion
Please develop an option to turn off this feature. An indicator in the game that directly affects the game and that I don't need to know who has Challenge affect...

Thank you !
Boxmoney
Socksfunny
Bugstanny
Bowen
Idel

Ads
Nameless

Re: Red Light Effect

Post#2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:48 am

I dont got more lag but that indicator as a healer doesnt concern me much but it make the game ugly. Everyone is colourless, you could barely see any equipment, just one big mass of ugly red glow running around. If I could, i would disable it on the sec
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

gargharoth

Post#3 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am

I think exactly the same observation, except my BO no longer grows with skill and the glow is gone. Everything looks really low-end. :?
Kupaczabra
Roadblock

Paxsanarion

Post#4 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:21 am

I agree! Please let us toggle this off or please remove the red effect. It actually makes it harder to see what is happening

Panel

Post#5 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:01 pm

I agree with all the above - its an eyesore - makes it hard distinguish friend from foe and and makes the whole fight scene a great red blob

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:39 pm

It was annoying on test server and it's annoying now.
I much prefer "old school" triple exclamation marks !!!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

paperclipdog

Post#7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 pm

The red effect is ugly and annoying q.q, no idea if it causes lag though.

Since the patch I'm having huge fps drops in medium+ sized fights. More numbers = 1 fps even though it was fine before the patch.
Not to mention insane server lag with flee not removing morale, flee not popping but removing morale, abilities going on cd but not actually applying, bw abilities not triggering ressource gain, ...

Disabling combat log/unticking all boxes in wsct and uninstalling it dont work.

cairlaith

Post#8 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:24 pm

paperclipdog wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 pm The red effect is ugly and annoying q.q, no idea if it causes lag though.

Since the patch I'm having huge fps drops in medium+ sized fights. More numbers = 1 fps even though it was fine before the patch.
Not to mention insane server lag with flee not removing morale, flee not popping but removing morale, abilities going on cd but not actually applying, bw abilities not triggering ressource gain, ...
If you read properly what I wrote , you wouldn't say that I wrote that the Red Glow effect causes lag. In my first comment of this post, I said that after the new patch, many "addons" cause lagg, but Red Glow Effect causes Stutter. On the other hand, thank you very much for what you are trying to help with, I am a software engineer myself, I can solve such a problem on my own, but I do not have a lag problem anyway.

Peace and Have Fun
Boxmoney
Socksfunny
Bugstanny
Bowen
Idel

Ads
Albais

Post#9 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:33 pm

I also would be very happy if that red glow was removed. Whether it is responsible for the stutters that I experience ever since the ability rework got implemented, I don't know, but just from an aesthetic perspective I'd like to see it gone. If removing it also helps with performance - even better.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Gunlinger

Post#10 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:47 pm

On the Live version of the Game there was the Option to only Show YOUR OWN combat skill animations AND enemy Ground target animations. Game ran smooth even on the slowest machines.