Recent Topics

Ads

Early removal of Keg Event 2023 Rewards?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Dailur

Early removal of Keg Event 2023 Rewards?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:40 pm

Hello and happy New Year to everyone in RoR! Tonight I logged in and went to collect the rewards (Keg Tapper accessory for example) from past week's Keg Event. It was ending today at 12:00 as I was told BUT we know so far that rewards for events AREN'T removed for a week after - or if another event starts. Alas, this time this option was removed on the expiration day. It's something that annoyed me and quite afew other people that had the same issue. We put effort into completing these event questlines and NOT being able to get the rewards makes you feel frustrated and not willing to participate another. It would be nice of you devs to bring back the rewards into players being able to claim them for the rest of the week (keep in mind that it's not ANY week too, ppl can't rly login on time due to new years eve with families and friends, going out etc) OR make a written notice that "you can claim your event rewards up to X date and not further" so we keep in mind what to do. Thank you for your time in advance.

Ads
Thaodan

Re: Early removal of Keg Event 2023 Rewards?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Wasn't the even supposed to end at the 6th?

See the quote below:

Vegetaplays wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:07 pm
bittrio wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:33 pm Video says Jan 1st event runs through, text says: Keg End will start on December 23rd at 12:00 Altdorf time and last until January 6th 12:00 Altdorf time.

Hopefully the 6th is the end date.
Fixed

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#3 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:52 am

The end date of the event was the first, but the Vendors/heralds were supposed to stay up a few days extra. will try and get this fixed shortly

thanosuke

Post#4 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:20 pm

@Vegetaplays Thank you if you actually tried, I never saw the event rewards return to the herald though. So it's either that problem couldn't be fixed or ppl didn't have time to put any effort on it - we can't demand it anyway as we're not paying anyone for all this work. Unfortunately,that's how it is on free play servers. You can't really expect things to work as they should and all the effort some of us made just went out the window.As a relatively new player here I'll have to accept that it is what it is I guess. :((

Gerbag

Post#5 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:14 am

Please consider some other way for the event reward claiming. I mean you get bags, crests etc. via mail, if you log off before zone locks. Its really frustrating, since theres events tied to holidays etc. and most eople usually dont spend much time gaming (travelling, family stuff etc.)
ᛃᚱᛊᚨᚱᛃ

thanosuke

Post#6 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:11 pm

It's the best way as it is, rewards need picking by player (there are different choices to be made, for example my toon is new and between 31 - 40 lvl so wasn't sure which Keg Tapper to choose yet) etc. Problem is, we knew the heralds would let you pick rewards till 6th (today). And they were removed on 1st, noon. As it's New Years, we wouldn't rly log in that day so we found out in the evening that you could no longer pick up the event's rewards. So goodbye to all the effort (especially the dreaded SCs with so low pop on destro side after the "balancing" patch). I fully understand and acknowledge that devs and GMs are doing everything for this game for free. But guys, we also dedicate our limited free time playing this game because we love it and as it gets neglected, people leave. And on a PvP oriented game (WoW is more PvE oriented) and with PvE hardly working, this can have a serious impact on it's existence.