Recent Topics

Ads

remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
ShadowWar

Re: remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

Post#11 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:41 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:31 pm IF they've said it'll take 1-2 months to fix it'll take 1-2 months to fix.
Or more! :D

Gather crests for other sets. Balance changes will be happening constantly, and meta's will shift. I don't just keep playing one hero in DotA2 all the time, because that would be silly. Competitive games require changes and updates to keep things interesting and balanced as players find out more and more.

Ads
Parallels66

Post#12 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:01 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:41 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:31 pm IF they've said it'll take 1-2 months to fix it'll take 1-2 months to fix.

Gather crests for other sets. Balance changes will be happening constantly, and meta's will shift. I don't just keep playing one hero in DotA2 all the time, because that would be silly. Competitive games require changes and updates to keep things interesting and balanced as players find out more and more.
good thing this isnt dota and is an mmo then isnt it. i dont play alts, i do not enjoy playing alt characters to leave them subpar over just focusing and optimising the character i wish to play. never played alts in any mmo ive ever played in ever. ive played frost dk in wow since it was released in wotlk.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

ShadowWar

Post#13 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:35 am

Parallels66 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:01 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:41 pm

good thing this isnt dota and is an mmo then isnt it. i dont play alts, i do not enjoy playing alt characters to leave them subpar over just focusing and optimising the character i wish to play. never played alts in any mmo ive ever played in ever. ive played frost dk in wow since it was released in wotlk.
Sounds like you've got some real decisions to make then! Best of luck!

Wdova

Post#14 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 pm

I agree that some actions should be made since all dungeons past Gunbad are unavalaible. Temporary removing wards requirement until dungeons are back, would be one of them.
I
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Kassavir

Post#15 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:34 pm

+100500

Since capital dungeons do not work, and there is no chance to get a sentinel set in any other way, I think the developers should add the ability to buy these sets with war tokens or gold. Moreover, there is no exact date for the resumption of dungeon operations.
In fact, the point here is not only in the stats of these sets, but in their unique visual model. For example, I need shoulders and a helmet for my marauder. I looked through a bunch of information about quest rewards in the war log and other things, and I couldn't find anything similar anywhere.
p.s.
Therefore, I believe that they could add these sets for the available currency or something similar

Florian90210

Post#16 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Devs act like they missing out profit if allow players obtain those items. Not sure why.
Have a conspiracy theory that they sell services on one of the gold selling websites. :D

diedrake

Post#17 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:42 pm

make PVE sets cost the same as the pvp versions, remove the pieces from quests and the gold bags. Can only be bought by the pve currency. sounds fair to me.

This issue wouldn't have been a thing if universal pvp currency wasn't a thing... And imo, the pve gear needs to be just as annoying to get as pvp gear... again... thanks to the universal currency change back in the day.

I think that make everyone happy.

But in all reality, for those that don't have the wards spend your warcrests get the sets. Does it blow that y'all cant save crests for your sov? yes, but if you guys want to progress your characters while dungeons are unavailable, that's the only way at the moment. when dungeons come back online, that is when you guys can get the sent jewel.

Some of you players act like you guys are spending money to play this game and DEMAND devs to get to work for your money you all give them... wait a moment...
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Culexus

Post#18 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm

This whole situation shows how flawed gear progression is in this game. The fact that people save their warcrests from lvl1 to buy endgame gear/potions and gear up exclusively through pve until then should show that something is wrong. Imagine being a new player and realising you've handicapped yourself by buying pvp gear as you've leveled.

PvP gear should drop in bags again, including city. Warcrests should be there to help you buy those last few pieces of a set and for stuff the doesn't drop like sc weapons, it shouldn't be the only way to gear up via pvp.

EDIT: So i've just had a look at how much it actually would cost to go from lvl1 to BiS gear.

So let's say you want to play a tank and want to go from lvl1 to BiS main and off-set.

Let's say you go 8 sov + 2 sc weps for BiS SnB. That's 12,333 crests.

Now you want an off-set, let's say 6 sov/3 vic and inv 2h. That's 11,123. You can add another 10k for true BiS for the ranked jewel.

So for a tank to get 2 sets of BiS you need 23,456 crests (33,455 including ranked jewel for true BiS)

Now let's say you play RoR because you love PvP and have no interest in PvE so you only buy PvP gear. That would cost you:

Dec - 75
Obl - 102
Dev - 220
Anni - 352
Conq - 849
Vanq - 1691
Inv - 4567 (3680 without jewel)

That adds a total of 7856 crests to your total amount if you don't PvE.

So to go from lvl1 to BiS for both main and off-set buying only PvP gear you would need a total of 31, 312 crests (41,311 including ranked jewel). That's without buying a single pre t4 sc weapon, a single piece of pre BiS off-set gear, pots that use crests, or any pieces of Warlord gear.

This is all just for one character. Every time you level another alt you have to go through this whole grind again without anyway of shortening it through gear drops like you would in PvE. It's the full amount of crests required and nothing else.
Last edited by Culexus on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Post#19 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm

Culexus wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm This whole situation shows how flawed gear progression is in this game. The fact that people save their warcrests from lvl1 to buy endgame gear/potions and gear up exclusively through pve until then should show that something is wrong. Imagine being a new player and realising you've handicapped yourself by buying pvp gear as you've leveled.

PvP gear should drop in bags again, including city. Warcrests should be there to help you buy those last few pieces of a set and for stuff the doesn't drop like sc weapons, it shouldn't be the only way to gear up via pvp.
As a recently returned player I don't feel any of that is an issue, nor did I feel I was "handicapped" by buying gear with Warcrests. Instead I found it really cool that you also have to do some PvE content and can enjoy that aspect of the game, not just spamming PvP all day long, so it was more of a pleasant surprise, that I also fixed on newer characters. And if you don't like PvE you can spend your warcrests, that are still insignificant in amount compared to how much you will have to grind anyway past 40.

I personally don't see the flaw in saving a precious resource / currency in order to smartly spend it later ( just like you would with your money ) - but at least the suggestion to make Item sets drop from Bags isn't a healthy replacement of what we have currently, that is a straight up proposal to nerf gearing and make it significantly easier and faster, which I personally disagree with and don't see it any healthier for the game.

Gearing up is already very fast in the current system, making it even faster I think is a sureway to lessen character and playtime worth and burnout more players by reducing progression you can be proud of.

IndiscreetJewels

Post#20 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:08 pm

Spoiler:
Culexus wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm This whole situation shows how flawed gear progression is in this game. The fact that people save their warcrests from lvl1 to buy endgame gear/potions and gear up exclusively through pve until then should show that something is wrong. Imagine being a new player and realising you've handicapped yourself by buying pvp gear as you've leveled.

EDIT: So i've just had a look at how much it actually would cost to go from lvl1 to BiS gear.

So let's say you want to play a tank and want to go from lvl1 to BiS main and off-set.

Let's say you go 8 sov + 2 sc weps for BiS SnB. That's 12,333 crests.

Now you want an off-set, let's say 6 sov/3 vic and inv 2h. That's 11,123. You can add another 10k for true BiS for the ranked jewel.

So for a tank to get 2 sets of BiS you need 23,456 crests (33,455 including ranked jewel for true BiS)

Now let's say you play RoR because you love PvP and have no interest in PvE so you only buy PvP gear. That would cost you:

Dec - 75
Obl - 102
Dev - 220
Anni - 352
Conq - 849
Vanq - 1691
Inv - 4567 (3680 without jewel)

That adds a total of 7856 crests to your total amount if you don't PvE.

So to go from lvl1 to BiS for both main and off-set buying only PvP gear you would need a total of 31, 312 crests (41,311 including ranked jewel). That's without buying a single pre t4 sc weapon, a single piece of pre BiS off-set gear, pots that use crests, or any pieces of Warlord gear.

This is all just for one character. Every time you level another alt you have to go through this whole grind again without anyway of shortening it through gear drops like you would in PvE. It's the full amount of crests required and nothing else.
But you don't have to get BiS offset. You certainly don't have to get it immediately as you ding the RR when you can wear it. Shouldn't having BiS equipment for both your main spec and your off-spec mean that you just enjoy playing this class in all its aspects and, thus, are ready and willing to put in the time to actually play it? And if you just want to explore other aspects of the class, having a cheaper offset than BiS, mixing and matching set pieces will allow you to explore the gist of it -- if it turns out you enjoy it, well, than you can invest the time and effort to develop it further.

Also you don't even have to have BiS equipment for your main spec to fully enjoy the game and meaningfully participate in all its aspects. That goes for SnB tanks especially: you can do, literally, anything in Vanquisher gear and be effective at it.

What you say is a common complaint, but I can't understand why so many players seem to think that the game only becomes playable when in BiS. BiS wont save you from being zerged/blobbed. BiS won't make you into a one man killing machine or healing god. BiS won't even make you really carry SCs all on your own without a party or at least a few competent players with you. And if you have a party or at least a few competent players with you, you can still play, compete and enjoy the game pre-BiS gear. When you are getting rolled by a Sov premade: it's not just the Sov gear that is rolling you, it is also the time and experience these players have on their toons. Seriously, try playing your character, it's quite fun.