Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealming has completely ruined this game

Let's talk about... everything else
Wakki

Re: Xrealming has completely ruined this game

Post#91 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Totally agree Xrealmers kill the game. T1 is worst, it makes new players think and ask a lot of questions to why. No need to complain or even suggest ways to stop it. There is always a bad apple in every game. I personally just log and walk away play another game for weeks or months hoping things will improve. Nope SSDD. Have fun enjoy your game play, need help with quest or stuff give me a shout.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#92 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:52 pm

Xrealming is needed. In the sense that if one side is too strong, it needs to be balanced by people moving over. Do people do that? Probably. So people abuse it to join the winning side? Probably.

Imo the only solution, is to have a dynamic AAO system within a 200ft area of each player or WB. This system takes into account all the players in that area and determines the effective battle score for each side. Including career level, renown level, gear score, MMR and population difference. And then buffs and debuffs the side that is stronger so that for example an organised WB can have a chance at winning against 2-3 WBs. If I designed the system. You'd have buffs scale exponentially to being outnumbered. So 1 WB vs 2 WB equal battle score would give buffs of -25% to the stronger side and +25% to the weaker side. I would probably argue this should be only active for WB's to get people to group up.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Wdova

Post#93 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:00 am

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:52 pm Xrealming is needed. In the sense that if one side is too strong, it needs to be balanced by people moving over. Do people do that? Probably. So people abuse it to join the winning side? Probably.

Imo the only solution, is to have a dynamic AAO system within a 200ft area of each player or WB. This system takes into account all the players in that area and determines the effective battle score for each side. Including career level, renown level, gear score, MMR and population difference. And then buffs and debuffs the side that is stronger so that for example an organised WB can have a chance at winning against 2-3 WBs. If I designed the system. You'd have buffs scale exponentially to being outnumbered. So 1 WB vs 2 WB equal battle score would give buffs of -25% to the stronger side and +25% to the weaker side. I would probably argue this should be only active for WB's to get people to group up.
Xrealming was intended to balance population. What it actually does is making imbalance even worse. Its verry rare that ppl log off zerg side and log underdog. As far as I know only 1 guild does that.
Only some heavy restrictions could stop it. Like not able to log off characters on one side if other one has 40%AAO+. Or not be able to enter rvr area if enemy has 40%+ AAO. You could still do Your PvE, but not making zerg side in rvr even bigger. Or make some debuffs from lotd(healing/damage) to rvr.
"Quickness is the essence of the war."

Sun Tzu

Scottx125

Post#94 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:39 am

Wdova wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:00 am
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:52 pm Xrealming is needed. In the sense that if one side is too strong, it needs to be balanced by people moving over. Do people do that? Probably. So people abuse it to join the winning side? Probably.

Xrealming was intended to balance population. What it actually does is making imbalance even worse. Its verry rare that ppl log off zerg side and log underdog. As far as I know only 1 guild does that.
Only some heavy restrictions could stop it. Like not able to log off characters on one side if other one has 40%AAO+. Or not be able to enter rvr area if enemy has 40%+ AAO. You could still do Your PvE, but not making zerg side in rvr even bigger. Or make some debuffs from lotd(healing/damage) to rvr.
The player base is too small for those kind of restrictions unfortunately. I think a LOTD style system or something like it is the only viable option.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Fey

Post#95 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:34 am

I don't think I've ever logged off to xrealm to join the winning side. However I've logged off numerous times because of we get stomped.

What the game needs is PuG leaders. Shout out to Groot. I joined him lately and had a good time.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Fey

Post#96 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:43 am

Xrealm doesn't ruin the game any more than Regen ruins the game. Any decent 6-man that switches sides to the UDog an compete and sway a zone against a pug WB. Good on ya if you're about that. If you're a guild that actively cross realms to the winning side you're a determent to the game.

I don't think this happens much. When established guilds cross realms, the fight is already one-sided; and they're just trying to get crests. In my experience organized guilds respect the game enough to not cross realm during prime time.

I've been naive before.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Quik

Post#97 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:19 pm

Eden DAoC freeshard has a loyalty system. The more you play 1 realm, the more loyalty you get. The loyalty gives you perks, mainly the ability to get some cosmetics, but also an xp bonus and bonus for special currency.

I haven't played this server in a long time, mainly because I enjoy playing healing classes, and while I LOVE the healing system in the game, the fact you basically have to solo to T4 just kind of kills it for me. Eden makes lvling fun and a breeze and you seamlessly merge right into big boy rvr, here, at least when I played last, its a slog being solo and newer to the game.

I will be trying again though as I am going to make a new toon and give it a shot.

Martok

Post#98 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:47 pm

Haojin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:09 pmi totally agree with op. biggest problems of ror atm:

6-rof stacking bws

Ah, you must have died in game to a BW somewhere. Oh, the horrors, the horrors...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Post#99 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:18 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:55 pmAnd there it is. The real issue. Xrealming is simply a symptom of it. This server just feels like an endless gear grind with "most" people seemingly never wanting to play to game to get better, or just Waaagh.

I have always approached, and promoted, the gear-grind in this manner. If you enjoy the game then just play the game and all the other stuff will eventually fall in line.

The grind aspect never bothered me because I was playing a game I enjoyed in a manner I enjoyed thus rendering the grind secondary.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

JackLope

Post#100 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:27 pm

Make it so people can only switch sides once per day.
Simple.
Don't care if people miss out on a siege or whatever, plan ahead.