Recent Topics

Ads

remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

Post#31 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:27 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pm I have literally never done any dungeons other than Sewers (which I did once to help someone get gear and to help test right after the changes). You can still get your gear in a timely fashion. I'm RR74 on my KotBS, and need about 6k more crests (discounting the 10k triumph ring) to get what I need. I should be there near RR80, especially if I make sure to do the weekly RvR and SC.
You never done other PvE than Sewers and You are fairly new to this game. There are ppl who leveling theyr 5th,6th,7th character to rr 80+ and does not want to spend more time than necesary in proces. Saving crests for triumph/Warlord/Sovereign and level up in sent,Bloodlord gear was perfect way for it.
If You took the longer way is Your choice.
I don't think he's particularly new to this game. That made me laugh.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Wdova

Post#32 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:25 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:27 pm
Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pm I have literally never done any dungeons other than Sewers (which I did once to help someone get gear and to help test right after the changes). You can still get your gear in a timely fashion. I'm RR74 on my KotBS, and need about 6k more crests (discounting the 10k triumph ring) to get what I need. I should be there near RR80, especially if I make sure to do the weekly RvR and SC.
You never done other PvE than Sewers and You are fairly new to this game. There are ppl who leveling theyr 5th,6th,7th character to rr 80+ and does not want to spend more time than necesary in proces. Saving crests for triumph/Warlord/Sovereign and level up in sent,Bloodlord gear was perfect way for it.
I don't think he's particularly new to this game. That made me laugh.
Well.... ye my bad. :roll:
Happy to make ppl laugh even in negative way :D
What I am even more happy that You devs actualy read even these kind of topics.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:25 am
Well.... ye my bad. :roll:
Happy to make ppl laugh even in negative way :D
What I am even more happy that You devs actualy read even these kind of topics.
Alas, I'm not a dev and have very little dev input these days. I will occasionally pass things on to the dev team, but my decisionmaking is solely focused on TOS enforcement these days.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ShadowWar

Post#34 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:27 pm I don't think he's particularly new to this game. That made me laugh.
Always good to get a chuckle

ShadowWar

Post#35 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:51 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm You never done other PvE than Sewers and You are fairly new to this game. There are ppl who leveling theyr 5th,6th,7th character to rr 80+ and does not want to spend more time than necesary in proces. Saving crests for triumph/Warlord/Sovereign and level up in sent,Bloodlord gear was perfect way for it.
Spending time in PvE is spending more time than necessary. If you are on your 5th, 6th, 7th+ rr80+ full sov character, you probably know what items you are looking for, and can plan accordingly. I've done so with my (current) main, a Knight, and I should have enough crests to buy my final piece when I can wear it, or maybe some time after.

The only question mark is whether I then need to save more to upgrade to a fortress weapon, or if the dungeon 2-handers are worth going in, and then the grind for the 10k+ crests item if I really really really want to push it. My planning would have gone even better if I hadn't swapped out two pieces from Warlord to Off-sov after buying one of those, but c'est la vie. I feel for the folks who think they have to have a BiS weapon, and from what I understand that's kinda true for some (White Lions), but rarely the case. My SW is in full fortress weapons, though BiS by conventional wisdom is from PvE. I think for a lot, it's the need to have goals more than it is to play the game.