Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant/Victorious Ring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
akisnaakkeli

Re: Triumphant/Victorious Ring

Post#21 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:14 am

https://imgur.com/a/aQBtvi1 Guard's Cloak of Defense was from purple FORT DEFENDER bag. All classess can use the same item and same proc. Things like this should always be in Forts, even Keeps and espesially city.

Timed city and lotd is horrible. Best things about lotd was to powerlvl your friend, world boss,tyrant,pockets and invading/being invaded, why the fudge doesnt they work like AOR?

Add the old loot system on top of the new one which gave gear? and only gold gives set items, purple's cloaks with procs and wpns with procs, blues would give BoE Wpns and jewelries, high stats/good stat wpns +jewelries.

Any kind of PvP you should have possibilty to get Warchest(2500) and any activity included in rvr should give renown and subsequent ticks. Killboard shouldnt show your things if you dont want to, surprise surprise that Solo kills dont work on killboard if your healer doesnt dmg enemy : D That is so big mistake that it kills every "credibilty "killboard could give, and whups for the soloers again?

We are used to special treatment! : D

Ads
Talladego

Post#22 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:49 am
Lorsten wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 am Just make crests account bound, so you can play chars that you want and then buy this ring on another character if you really need it. I have 2 or 3 these rings, but i feel forced to play undergeared chars to feel some progression.
Guess why you are forced to play lower level chars? I tell you: Everyone would play their best equipped characters if they could farm easier this way. New players would encounter higher numbers of geared veterans, because they wouldn't reroll the normal way, they would keep playing their strongest chars.
No you are "forced" to play lower level chars to gain renown ranks so you can equip better gear and spend more renown points. The added crest grind on top of that is so slow that even at rr80 you can't expect to afford the gear you are able to equip. What new players do you seriously think there are? If new players really were a concern most barriers to reach a competitive level and gear should be reduced. Account bound crests would benefit everyone at all levles since you can play whichever toon is needed and still have the freedom to distribute crest as you choose later.

normanis

Post#23 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:53 am

make ring slot 4 (like all pvp rings) and pve has slot 3. we anyway use 2 genesis + sentinel + pvp gear ring (normaly). ppl are already very powerfull.
p.s no wonder warlord ring changed slot from 3 to 4 because of this. (at begin)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Lorsten

Post#24 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 am

Spoiler:
Talladego wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 am
Lorsten wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 am Just make crests account bound, so you can play chars that you want and then buy this ring on another character if you really need it. I have 2 or 3 these rings, but i feel forced to play undergeared chars to feel some progression.
Guess why you are forced to play lower level chars? I tell you: Everyone would play their best equipped characters if they could farm easier this way. New players would encounter higher numbers of geared veterans, because they wouldn't reroll the normal way, they would keep playing their strongest chars.
No you are "forced" to play lower level chars to gain renown ranks so you can equip better gear and spend more renown points. The added crest grind on top of that is so slow that even at rr80 you can't expect to afford the gear you are able to equip. What new players do you seriously think there are? If new players really were a concern most barriers to reach a competitive level and gear should be reduced. Account bound crests would benefit everyone at all levles since you can play whichever toon is needed and still have the freedom to distribute crest as you choose later.
If we really care about new players lets make account wide currency and RR ranks and normalised gear in sc (like in TESO). Why you think the situation where everyone plays their favorite chars is bad? Maybe city sieges and ranked would still be alive if it was the case.

dwyur

Post#25 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:13 pm

Lorsten wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 am
Spoiler:
Talladego wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 am
If we really care about new players lets make account wide currency and RR ranks and normalised gear in sc (like in TESO). Why you think the situation where everyone plays their favorite chars is bad? Maybe city sieges and ranked would still be alive if it was the case.
It is bad honestly. People have tens of thousands of crests on certain characters. Many players who already play the most and have an advantage with BiS gear, would then be able to buy BiS for any character they have instantly. How is that beneficial to anyone really?

I don't think the single currency change was a bad one, but I think it is time to reevaluate the status of ORvR/other game modes. Slight changes with temporary rewards can make all the difference in having people queue for scenarios/run LOTD/queue for cities etc.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Martok

Post#26 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:54 pm

Talladego wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 amThe added crest grind on top of that is so slow that even at rr80 you can't expect to afford the gear you are able to equip.

This is particularly true if you play a DPS class. I hit RR 80 on my White Lion before I had completed full Invader gear and RR 80 on my Witch Elf with only two-piece Sov. Of course this doesn't automatically render one non-competitive in the realm of BIS geared players as many elements factor into that equation.

It is what it is I guess. Renown flows like water, crest not so much.

Talladego wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 amWhat new players do you seriously think there are?

The third-rail of forum discussion. Something about 'Macbeth.'
Last edited by Martok on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:54 am

I second the OP.

Ranked was a failed experiment, time to remove the unnecessary gatekeeping from this piece of gear, make it the same price as the Sov. Ring, its not that powerful to warrant 10k.

The fact that ppl would rather farm 10k crests than play a few games of ranked tells you about all you need to know about ranked.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

tazdingo

Post#28 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:00 am

i'd actually like to see more things that can't traditionally be gained from orvr added for extortionate amounts of crests. dungeon gear, onslaught, old event items, etc. 10k is genuinely fine, it should be a super late game thing if you don't wanna bother with pve or whatever else

Ads