Recent Topics

Ads

T1 lair quests

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
sleer40k

T1 lair quests

Post#1 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 am

Hey!

There are now quests for t1 lair bosses
For example in Nordland you can get one for local boss
The quest asks you to kill the boss plus to kill 15 players of Chaos faction (or Empire if you are destro) specifically in t1 rvr zones
It rewards you then with 1 part of t1 set

So my point is..
Isn't it a bit too much?

To get all 3 quests done you need to get 45 player kills at least. Not only that but they all need to be equally spread between 3 factions and can be done only in rvr t1 zones.
45 kills (more like 60+) will give you so much exp that you likely wont be able to finish all the quests before getting lvl16. Plus you can easily lock the zone having like 5 kills for the entire thing. Which gives you another big chunk of exp.
And while doing all that you really don't want to play any other content to be sure you aren't getting exp from something else.

So wouldn't it be better if the quests were a bit less epic?
1) Maybe less kills total
2) or different factions
3) or letting people to get the kills from SCs so if you really want to get it finished you will only play SCs and wont get any extra exp from any source
4) or for example not only in t1 zones since you can kill the bosses only while having low level. And by the time you finished the level gap between character and gear won't be large enough

I understand that then the rewards need to be smaller as well which is okay. We can just have some amount of crests for that and not the item.

What do you think?
I don't mind the grind. All of us are here because we love to grind. But the quests are designed to not be completed I believe.

Ads
sleer40k

Re: T1 lair quests

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:57 pm

Update.

I managed to complete it right at the start of lvl 15 after 86 kills.
So it is doable at least but not fun at all and pretty pressuring

sizzlingtaute

Post#3 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am

sleer40k wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 am Hey!

There are now quests for t1 lair bosses
For example in Nordland you can get one for local boss
The quest asks you to kill the boss plus to kill 15 players of Chaos faction (or Empire if you are destro) specifically in t1 rvr zones
It rewards you then with 1 part of t1 set

So my point is..
Isn't it a bit too much?

To get all 3 quests done you need to get 45 player kills at least. Not only that but they all need to be equally spread between 3 factions and can be done only in rvr t1 zones.
45 kills (more like 60+) will give you so much exp that you likely wont be able to finish all the quests before getting lvl16. Plus you can easily lock the zone having like 5 kills for the entire thing. Which gives you another big chunk of exp.
And while doing all that you really don't want to play any other content to be sure you aren't getting exp from something else.

So wouldn't it be better if the quests were a bit less epic?
1) Maybe less kills total
2) or different factions
3) or letting people to get the kills from SCs so if you really want to get it finished you will only play SCs and wont get any extra exp from any source
4) or for example not only in t1 zones since you can kill the bosses only while having low level. And by the time you finished the level gap between character and gear won't be large enough

I understand that then the rewards need to be smaller as well which is okay. We can just have some amount of crests for that and not the item.

What do you thinksurvivor io?
I don't mind the grind. All of us are here because we love to grind. But the quests are designed to not be completed I believe.
You're right. I really had a headache over this mission. But I see a lot of people boasting about completing it. Perhaps because the player community is growing better, the missions must also increase in difficulty corresponding to the prizes

sleer40k

Post#4 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:51 am

sizzlingtaute wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am
You're right. I really had a headache over this mission. But I see a lot of people boasting about completing it. Perhaps because the player community is growing better, the missions must also increase in difficulty corresponding to the prizes
I don't think getting enough kills for the quest is going to be any easier for a more skilled player. For more experienced one - maybe. In order to complete it you need to join a wb (in my case I started them twice and was inviting everyone around non-stop - worked). Past that point only server situation decides whether you will be able to complete the quest in time or not.
If you are going to kill 45 ppl solo you will surely surpass the 15lvl and wont be able to finish the quest.