End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
what63

Re: End the "Auto-interrupt Macro" conspiracy theory.

Post#31 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:55 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:08 pm
what63 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:03 pmAs is evident by the fact alone that you don't have to keep the patcher running to maintain the game process, there isn't any measures taken against tampering, people are free to exploit to their hearts content until someone catches them manually in-game. Also reckon that even if they didn't have the current (not sure if new launcher fixed this?) hole with validating myps, it wouldn't be overly tricky for someone to slip in a modified myp anyways if they really, really didn't wanna play without NB.
I'm not sure what point you're making here? I know full well what is possible and how to achieve it, and that MYP tampering is considered a hack/cheat and not a legitimate way of using NB. People using hacks/cheats - whatever they might be - is a different topic from asking the devs to disallow certain types of add-ons or add-on functionality.
Point is simply that there are zero measures in place to counter the use of such as we speak. People are worried about addons and stuff, meanwhile actual cheats (including ones that just re-enable NB) have no counters built whatsoever.

Ads
trh382

Post#32 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:25 pm

I don't know how the RoR team can possibly eliminate cheating when large AAA studios with deep pockets are unable to

Best solution is player driven - enforce no cheating requirements among your play group and report instances of suspected cheating with evidence

I think the initial suggestion - improve in game logging to help players identify potential cheaters - is a good one

I strongly suspect the explanation for a lot of the frustration is the very high rate of aoe interupts that both sides have, but you don't know until you gather more detailed evidence

Tyrvald

Post#33 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:53 pm

ravezaar wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:57 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm As I've said, we need developer only approved addons to stop this non-sense. Anyone not using developer approved addons should be banned.
Agree
Agree too,
Sombrefer - Dwarven Clan exiled from the lost Fortress of Karak Varn
Tyrgrim - Slayer - rr86
Dwargrim - Runepriest of Gazul
Mordengrim - Engineer
Khargrim - Ironbreaker

and (futiles) Umgi.. who help, sometimes, the Dwarves under the Sigmar's Oath