Recent Topics

Ads

Dev restart the balance to the beginning

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Detangler

Re: Dev restart the balance to the beginning

Post#11 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:27 am

Aethilmar wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:18 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm I get that a lot of ppl are unhappy with the recent changes but I think that the Devs deserve a little more trust. The patches so far focused mainly on core game mechanics (AP, GCD, CCs, and so on) and on tanks. We are still waiting for the balance patches for DDs and Healers. Shouldn't you wait to complaint untill you see the finished product?

The Devs are keeping alive this server for ten years, this must be worth something. If not, than what's the point of investing so much energy in a no profit project such as this one?
Yes. And they did such a fine job on the tanks. Lets recap:

Chosen (best Destro tank already) - buffed
Knight (best Order tank already) - buffed
BG (famously played by someone on balance team) -buffed
Swordmaster - nerfed hard
IB - nerfed
BO - ??? (I'll defer to BO players on this one)

I don't need them to go back to AoR. I just need them to go back to December and start over from there.
Quoted for truth.

Lets nerf Ironbreaker single target core damage skill out of nowhere, give them a laughably expensive career resource-based weak aoe damage skill + group auto attack damage buff high in a tree not meant for damage dealing, and buff GbF but ONLY at max grudge on a class that has a harder time building its class mechanic than its mirror... brillaint. bravo. well thought out...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:05 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:08 pm I get that a lot of ppl are unhappy with the recent changes but I think that the Devs deserve a little more trust. The patches so far focused mainly on core game mechanics (AP, GCD, CCs, and so on) and on tanks. We are still waiting for the balance patches for DDs and Healers. Shouldn't you wait to complaint untill you see the finished product?

The Devs are keeping alive this server for ten years, this must be worth something. If not, than what's the point of investing so much energy in a no profit project such as this one?

IB - nerfed

I don't need them to go back to AoR. I just need them to go back to December and start over from there.
Complaint complaint complaint. Ppl on this forum are only capable of complaining. I wouldn't liste to such ppl eaither. SM got nerfed and do you know how many balance proposal for SM were posted in the last 2 month? A big, fat 0. Last proposal if from Juna 2023. Same for IB.
Zputadenti

Farrul

Post#13 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:23 am

Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:05 am

IB - nerfed

Complaint complaint complaint. Ppl on this forum are only capable of complaining. I wouldn't liste to such ppl eaither. SM got nerfed and do you know how many balance proposal for SM were posted in the last 2 month? A big, fat 0. Last proposal if from Juna 2023. Same for IB.
Imho it is constructive critisicm delivered with a bit of frustration which is understandable considering the nature of these ill-thought-out nerfs that has ruined a lot for the affected classes.

hogun

Post#14 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:34 am

Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:05 am

IB - nerfed

I have absolutely no intention of denigrating Dev. I started my post by saying that it's not because we put in a lot of effort that we can't make mistakes.
The work on server stability, open rvr, dongeon, discordant sc, ranked, gear, LotD , karaz a karak (tyvm)! etc... should not be forgotten.
And if I have to remind you before each post, I'll do it so that you don't forget the work they've done.
I started in T1 blocked on this server. or my characters could merge here my slayer with my IB. I can not forget their work that makes I can play the game I love for free.
On the other hand, regarding the Balance of Classes, I've never understood the vision of DEV, which for me was more like tinkering to please a few friends.

since i've been playing, a lot of changes have been made to the characters, perhaps with the idea that there should be a balance between the "mirror" classes. in my opinion this is a mistake. the classes have mirror mechanics but they are not intended to be balanced. only the two factions should be balanced in the 3 main activities. WB/small group/solo
for exemple :
Giving part of the LB to the SH is a mistake,
Giving part of the IB to the BG is a mistake.
Giving part of the SL to CHOPPA is a mistake,
Up the marau, as a reminder, "terrible ambrace" was a magical attack that was often dispelled.
Uniformising the Ingé and the Magus is a mistake, just the fact that one is a full magic ans the second have AA should have been a warning.
Giving WP and DOK a shield is a mistake.
Giving the BO a 15% domage + 15% def Buff ... but why?
Changing "retribution" and "bring it on" so that they do direct dmg when originally it was just a dmg return.
From there to think that it's the majority of Destruction classes that have been up ... would mean that on AoR there was a huge imbalance, whereas in the end each side believes that the other is the one that is helped the most.

That's why I think a class balance reset could perhaps solve the imbalance.

sorry for my english i do my best
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Bozzax

Post#15 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:55 am

Hogun you are right to some extent the problem where we are is that many dest only treats/abilities has been nuked over the years CS, aoe snare on BO/SnB nerf, morale etc etc. At this point we need to see the 2nd part of balancing bf drawing any real conclusions. It is safe to say tho that current state is pretty bad.

Since "order being nerfed" is tossed around randomly like a fact I'd like you take a second and look at actual numbers
- RoR T2+ Population Balance (homepage) 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Order 47.2% Destruction 52.8%
- RvR Kills 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Total Kills: Order: 56881 Destruction: 54689
- Average Kill Percent (mean): Order: 49.4% Destruction: 50.6%
- Typical Kill Percent (median): Order: 49% Destruction: 51%
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Avernus

Post#16 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:10 am

Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:05 am SM got nerfed and do you know how many balance proposal for SM were posted in the last 2 month? A big, fat 0.
As far as i know, SM was considered (more or less) okay, having only 1 famous problem (no ST punt). Then, SM got nerfed while getting new ST punt (with tactic). Oh, and this new ST punt is worst of all tank ST punts.

Bozzax

Post#17 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:13 am

SM was doing way more damage then any other tank
SMs considerd SM to be more or less okay
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

teoklas

Post#18 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:16 am

""BG (famously played by someone on balance team) -buffed""

lmao im not the only one that noticed this
"buff what i play, nerf what i don't"
guess u can get away with this on a private server
imagine beign a engi / magus /sw / black ork /sm a u see every patch ur class getting more shoved under the rug but random buffs added to classes that were fine ( like more damage on a blackguard, i wonder what testing was done to arrive to that change lol)

Ads
hogun

Post#19 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:25 am

Bozzax wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:55 am Hogun you are right to some extent the problem where we are is that many dest only treats/abilities has been nuked over the years CS, aoe snare on BO/SnB nerf, morale etc etc. At this point we need to see the 2nd part of balancing bf drawing any real conclusions. It is safe to say tho that current state is pretty bad.

Since "order being nerfed" is tossed around randomly like a fact I'd like you take a second and look at actual numbers
- RoR T2+ Population Balance (homepage) 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Order 47.2% Destruction 52.8%
- RvR Kills 0h to 23h over the last 7 days Total Kills: Order: 56881 Destruction: 54689
- Average Kill Percent (mean): Order: 49.4% Destruction: 50.6%
- Typical Kill Percent (median): Order: 49% Destruction: 51%
Bozzax, the chiffres are a macro analysis. And you think among the presenters there is a reason that BLOB vs BLOB is the order's advance. I don't know how to give a KD to BG and pounce to SH to influencé this blob combat.
The mass combats are now spam AE+proc. maby proc BW is better than proc Sorcerer. perhaps, no longer having "retribution" in this ROR form, and that 9 target for the AEs will correct the problem. remember on the live we fight bioball meta, because in the same zone only 9 players were touched. and the AEs did not combine
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Avernus

Post#20 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:47 am

Bozzax wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:13 am SM was doing way more damage then any other tank
SMs considerd SM to be more or less okay
Fun fact - BO actually deals more damage against squishies.