Recent Topics

Ads

Problem of gear homogenization.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Absinth

Problem of gear homogenization.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:19 pm

I understand that making something simple for team might allow a more lee-way with balance of changing gear stats but it's a precedence and:
  • If we homogenize redeye, you are widening a gear gap with pre-bis 2h/snb tanks (this already happened)
  • Why Beastlord (almost the same level and type class of a gear as red-eye, and this was stated as a reason for homegenisation of gear) is missing gloves and boots but has cape?
We have decided to swap out the Redeye Cloak for a Redeye Belt to be in line with the other armor sets in this tier bracket.
  • Why everything has to boil down to looking the same?

Set's dont have to be the same and team has showed it with many examples like newly added jewel + pocket set or jewels set. The T1 hunter set that was added a while ago is not the same as the other T1 sets allowing mixing and the same mixing was allowed with the red-eye cape.

The more and more team homogenizes everything the more and more everything will look the same and become boring.

My humble suggestion is to either revert the change or bring back the red-eye cloak into the set but give us a different way of gaining it, even if it is hidden behind a type of 15 part quest where you have to kill X of certain mob but the catch is that you have to run it 2 times to get it and then you have to kill something that is hidden in a random nook where you usally dont go etc. The cape was a big help to newer players to gain enough stats to close the stat gap between BiS players and new fresh people. People making decisions about gear also should keep in mind that diversity leads to more choices and in the end in a more diverse meta with people trying different mixes and searching for what works best for them.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
GONDOR

Re: Problem of gear homogenization.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:47 pm

Agreed, also gives less reason to do more content - instead of being able to mix and match sets across your slots to complete a character, now it's even more linear, and you can skip even more content.

There have been many baby Ironbreakers over the years that, as a fresh 40, I counselled to use Redeye, as the armour bonus was key to ensuring they were durable enough to deal with high-tier geared players. The cloak added a lot of longevity to the set, and also helped them gear up to be competitive faster, simply by being one of the few off-slots you could add a piece to.

I thought it would have been more appropriate for Sentinel to receive a cloak, considering Beastlord, Red-eye, and Bloodlord, all PVE sets, all have cloaks. Vale-walker and Sentinel were the only two without it.

Aluviya

Post#3 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:38 am

I also agree with the idea of allowing every set to be a meaningful part of the gear puzzle. So I really have to criticize recent changes here too: I don't understand why something that has been built into the game is suddenly changed without good reasoning. The cloak has persisted since GB was released. Not every set has every piece, and here again we have the inconsistency with the Beastlord Set. Shall we change it too? From my point of view, it was perfectly okay for gear of the same tier to have different slots, which ultimately made sense as you could combine it.

trh382

Post#4 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:46 pm

Agreed, the GB cloak change was a very bad one and its incredibly disruptive for folks in the middle of gearing.

Please address this as it harms new tanks - who we want to be helping out.

To make it clear why this is:

1. Tanks dont have a ton of good cloak options
2. The lower item level on the Red Eye Cloak doesnt lead to reduced armor
3. The 2 and 3 piece red eye set bonuses are very strong (armor and crit reduction)

Consequently fitting 2 or 3 piece redeye with the cloak slot opens up a lot of good early game tank gearing options. Many players consider the redeye cloak a good choice until Sov.