Recent Topics

Ads

Petition for SH/SW free range increase tactic for QS/SK

Let's talk about... everything else
paps

Re: Petition for SH/SW free range increase tactic for QS/SK

Post#11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:56 pm

dkabib wrote:
Other changes would be making scout more interesting than just Festering Arrow for SW.
wow there are more interesting things than FA? plz :lol:
God Forgives... I don't!
Gru - Bright Wizard
Plissken - Slayer
Immovable - Ironbreaker
Magtheridon - Shadow Warrior
Luuca wrote:... you forgot that in RoR, you must jump every seconds to exaggerate the Melee Distance Bug.

Ads
dkabib

Post#12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

paps wrote:
dkabib wrote:
Other changes would be making scout more interesting than just Festering Arrow for SW.
wow there are more interesting things than FA? plz :lol:
I think that is quite boring. What I meant for interesting is something else than a single cast to nuke
Vanhorts

Ungrin

Post#13 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:25 pm

/signed
"Look at all my RR100s!" brigade

RR100 of everything ~Badlands

Uchoo

Post#14 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 pm

papakoko wrote:
Uchoo wrote:
Stinkyweed wrote:We, the undersigned, fully support Stinkyweed's application for the provision of a free range increase tactic for Quick Shootin (and Skirmish) abilities on Herders (and Shadow Dorks)

We agree to our petition data being used by Stinkyweed to lobby local RoR gods to aid us in living longer and not putting ourselves in as much danger due to 65ft ranged abilities.

Please help protect your Herders and thank you for your support.
I can definitely understand this. Being limited to 65 feet on a light armor class is a huge liability. This normally isn't a problem because we would just keep leveling, but on this server, swapping it with the 7pt tactic is probably a good idea.
No one is limited to 65 ft range.. If you wanna move and shoot at the same time then yes your limited to 65 ft range.You want long range and big dmg then ya stand still . I think thats what they call a spec .. no ? Whats next a petition to let sorc's cast Doombolt and Pit of shades while moving ? Fortunately this is not an action mmo .
Alright well let me explain what we're talking about so you can join the rest of us on Page 38 of your textbook.

If you want to play Quick Shootin' or Skirmish, you are limited to to 65 feet (72 feet with Scout Stance or Horned Squig if we are trying to be politically correct). That's the spec with the extra dot that is also a heal debuff. Without the range tactic, that spec is highly dangerous as you have to get close to get your dots on the target. Most of us (I play a 26 SW) have opted to play Scout as it is just safer to be able to stand 100-110 feet away from the enemy.

So, yes, you are right, we do ONLY have to be 65 feet away if we are playing QS/Skirmish. Until next tier, when we get the much needed tactic. It's a suicide ranged spec until the tactic, 65 feet makes you a pretty easy target for everyone.

So if no change, I will continue to play Festerbomb, much to your delight, I'm sure. :D

Sub-topic: If you want my opinion on Sorc/BW, fine. Crit damage at 100 mechanic needs to be 50%, not 100%. Crit chance 25%, not 35%. Backlashes don't damage you, but gouge your class mechanic. So if you backlash, you lose 40 points of your mechanic, if not a full reset to 0. If they let them cast while they move with those changes in place, I wouldn't care.
Last edited by Uchoo on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Zegota

Post#15 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 pm

It's far from "highly dangerous". If anything, it's more fun. Both classes have high mobility and more than enough tools to survive in 65ft range.
I don't see that change helping the classes in any way except in making the old plink build viable again in the future cause we'll have more extra spec points in big shootin/scout.

Uchoo

Post#16 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Zegota wrote:It's far from "highly dangerous". If anything, it's more fun. Both classes have high mobility and more than enough tools to survive in 65ft range.
I don't see that change helping the classes in any way except in making the old plink build viable again in the future cause we'll have more extra spec points in big shootin/scout.
The class gets the tactic next tier anyway. I can see your point about having extra points, that's definitely an issue at 70. I guess my argument is more for solo play. In the current tier, 65 feet is fine if you are getting solid heals, dispels and guard swapped, but it's suicide without so we might as well play Fester.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

papakoko

Post#17 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Alright well let me explain what we're talking about so you can join the rest of us on Page 38 of your textbook.

If you want to play Quick Shootin' or Skirmish, you are limited to to 65 feet (72 feet with Scout Stance or Horned Squig if we are trying to be politically correct). That's the spec with the extra dot that is also a heal debuff. Without the range tactic, that spec is highly dangerous as you have to get close to get your dots on the target. Most of us (I play a 26 SW) have opted to play Scout as it is just safer to be able to stand 100-110 feet away from the enemy.

So, yes, you are right, we do ONLY have to be 65 feet away if we are playing QS/Skirmish. Until next tier, when we get the much needed tactic. It's a suicide ranged spec until the tactic, 65 feet makes you a pretty easy target for everyone.

So if no change, I will continue to play Festerbomb, much to your delight, I'm sure. :D

Sub-topic: If you want my opinion on Sorc/BW, fine. Crit damage at 100 mechanic needs to be 50%, not 100%. Crit chance 25%, not 35%. Backlashes don't damage you, but gouge your class mechanic. So if you backlash, you lose 40 points of your mechanic, if not a full reset to 0. If they let them cast while they move with those changes in place, I wouldn't care.[/quote]

Your right ... Launch T3 to stop fester bombing please .. Then we can deal with all the BaL, Magnet pull , ECT stuff :)

Azuzu

Post#18 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm

papakoko wrote:Whats next a petition to let sorc's cast Doombolt and Pit of shades while moving ?
Someone totally just gave me my idea for my next topic! lol

All Sorc abilities can be now used while moving when at 65 feet or under. :mrgreen:
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Ads
Zegota

Post#19 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Uchoo wrote:In the current tier, 65 feet is fine if you are getting solid heals, dispels and guard swapped, but it's suicide without so we might as well play Fester.
If you really think that, not even the 150ft range would help.

Noiree

Post#20 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 pm

In my opinion, the first post translates to something like "I don't care about future changes - I want I win button now!"

And in that case: I'd like a general ae detaunt without the need for a tactic on my dok. Thanks.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman