rune priest tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mez

Re: rune priest tactics

Post#11 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Forget Echo! As far as I'm aware absorbed damage doesn't show up as healing stats in SC.

Gotta look pro yo. I'm kidding of course. Kinda.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Minerva

Post#12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Mez wrote:Forget Echo! As far as I'm aware absorbed damage doesn't show up as healing stats in SC.

Gotta look pro yo. I'm kidding of course. Kinda.
#TheStruggleIsReal :lol:
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

jalidan

Post#13 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Pretty much everyone a concensus for armor in talisman slots what pots to use

Keyser

Post#14 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 pm

At the moment I think most of us can agree that Absorb + Heal bless is set. So the question is what to use as third tactic. Some people here mentioned the following:
(i) Ap-tactic might be the first choice if you still have AP problems. No AP no heal. Now one can argue that dead healers cannot heal either but I am sure it is more likely to get in AP trouble than get focused since most grps try to kill at least one dd before attacking a healer.

(ii) Runic Blasting: maybe in T2 and even then one might argue that stoutness of stone is way better.

(iii) discipline: maybe.... wp is overrated and I would prefer stacking armor atm because the armor penetration is not primary for mdd at our level.

(iv) armor tactic: I really like this one. It stacks with everything and gives us the biggest defensive impact, unfortunately only for us.

(v) Regenerative shielding: 10% less armor penetration and an approx. 1000 armor buff (which doesnt stack - so for most players it is approx. 500) sounds tempting. It runs for 10s and can get renewed with the same chance of 25%.
Lets assume Rune of Regeneration is on the target which we want to heal all the time. The Rune ticks every 3s and so we expect the tactic to proc every 4th tick or after 12s. So the expected downtime of the tactic is 2s. That sounds pretty ok. But still there is a not insignificant variance because of the low probability of 25% and as a healer we are the least class which wants to rely on probabilities.

On live I did not have the feeling that the impact is that high since the armor buff became less important because of higher armor penetration by mdds and better armor pots. 10% less armor pen was still pretty cool but I did not want to rely on some expectation. That is why I used to play with the armor tactic.

But now here in T3 I changed to Regenerative shielding because of similar arguments. The armor penetration by destru mdd is not huge (e.g. no pb for mara :p) and the armor pots are worse. So having Regenerative Shield is like a second (sometimes even better) armor pot. In my opinion the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of being a stochastic tactic for a healer. But that might change when T4 gets released.
Last edited by Keyser on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kesr

Cornerback

Post#15 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Minerva wrote:That's what I'm using:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 6:;0:0:0:0:

The heal rune is nice when ur the only healer in party but by default u use the AP one.
Also I agree with covenn about the shield.

Same here. Might change AP tactic for armor once I got 5pc of Devastator.

Slot armor talis only and got cleansing wind + the rest in wounds for renown.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)