rune priest tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jalidan

rune priest tactics

Post#1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Which tactics do you guys prefer for t3? do you talisman for armor and just roll with willpower from armor and items?
Which armor set is best ?

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: rune priest tactics

Post#2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:55 pm

armor tactic, runic blasting and blessing of grungi

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

i slot armor tallis and heal crit renown

covenn

Post#3 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:15 pm

I prefer running ancestor's echo tbh.... that absorb shield proc is pretty clutch.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Nameless

Post#4 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

jalidan

Post#5 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Why the heal rune?? Over the AP one and ancestors echo to replace which one what 3 tactics

jalidan

Post#6 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Anyone?

Minerva

Post#7 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 pm

That's what I'm using:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 6:;0:0:0:0:

The heal rune is nice when ur the only healer in party but by default u use the AP one.
Also I agree with covenn about the shield.
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

jalidan

Post#8 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:19 pm

How about regenerative shielding tactic seems really good does the armor effect stack with other armor effects?

Ads
Nameless

Post#9 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 pm

with rp tactic - yes
with armor pots - no

it is decent but most ppl use armor pots, it is quite mandatory so the benefit from the proc is quite small
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

footpatrol2

Post#10 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Here is a trick I did in the racial dwarf groups I ran. This can be used in mixed if you want too.

This is not a solo build.

I changed the build to a lvl 35 build.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

If you don't make a ironbreaker brotherhood friend this basically isn't viable but it is if you do.

Get a ironbreaker friend that is heavy path of brotherhood. Stay within 50 feet of the ironbreaker at all times. Ideally within 30 ft. Have him Oathfriend you to get full benefit of his willpower buff and runic shield absorb. You'll have to follow him into pain. It will feel counter to how you usually play but it works since your tanky.

Have a set of armor geared purely for defense. Don't take any willpower gear just toughness jewelry and armor. Take pure armor tali's on the runepriest use armor tactic + concusive wounds + ancester's echo. Passively pump out AoE damage while healing to trigger concussive wounds.

Its essentially the common used WP trick. Your essentially turning your runepriest into a WP runepriest style. You'll have near tank level armor, and decent toughness. Find a toughness buff from somewhere. You essentially don't need a dedicated guard and can get by with a floated guard.

Its not really a solo build. Its built specifically for something. But it free's up a dedicated guard in a 6 man setting and your the dedicated AoE healer or catching the bottom end of the healing spectrum. A good 2nd healer pairing with this is a healer that is dedicated on good clutch single target heals. Like a path of grungi RP or AM.

We used Grungi RP with a dedicated guard.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.