Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 03/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Haojin

Re: Changelog 03/11/16

Post#11 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:54 pm

I really appreciate it, developers trying new things. It's experimental and development based. But after playing the new patch, i can sadly say, the new system "siege equipment part" won't work at all. Main reasons:

1-AoE cannons better than a "warband". Damage and CC is un counterable and unmitigable. Damage of aoe cannon have to be reduced. [ Or defendable, dodge maybe ? ]

2-ST cannons melting other sieges in 2 seconds. If you're on attacker side, after you lose your cannons you need to run towards to your keep, build a cannon, drive it again to keeep while order spawning their cannons in their keep easly. It drains motivation " all running and driving cannon game " and sadly, it's boring.

3-Cannon numbers are too much, more cannons, more unmitigable damage= Unplayable, untakeable keeps.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Azarael

Post#12 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:56 pm

I warned everyone that any new implementation will be bad until about the seventh or eighth iteration. Now you see it in action.

blaqwar

Post#13 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 am

Any plans on adjusting the keep leveling for NA/Off-prime time population? Unless I'm wrong, the keeps require a static amount of players in the RvR lake to level up. Would it make sense to change that to a scaling number (%of order/destro in the lake in relation to total pop)? At least for T2/3?

I know that the current ORvR changes are aimed at T4 first, lower tiers need to be dealt with separately as they differ greatly from T4. But two days ago we had 14 people in empire T2 wanting to engage in ORvR and hopefully entice defenders to come out and play. We ended up staring at the keep door after capping all the BOs because the keep required more people for level 1. Players being literally unable to engage in a huge part of the game because they happen to be living in the wrong time-zone is a big letdown.

And I'm not just writing this because of being disrguntled myself, I typically don't play much during NA times. But finding myself defending the server and the devs and not being able to come up with a reasonable answer to the questions of why we were unable to take a keep is very disheartening. Especially after starting a warband in response to the chatter about "T2 being dead".

People do need to level to T4 to test the changes and act as testers but not everyone will want to go through leveling in PvE. It makes sense to make those tiers at the very least playable until you are done with T4 and go through your planned changes to increase the population in those tiers.

Either way, thank you for the work you put into this project.

Azarael

Post#14 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 am

We're still working out how to solve for T2 and T3.

EDIT: before anyone posts, I know the rams are still getting one shot. Working on it.

blaqwar

Post#15 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 am

Good to know, thank you.

Theseus

Post#16 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 am

Azarael wrote:We're still working out how to solve for T2 and T3.
I somewhere read the suggestion to just fuse t2 and t3 to one supertier..... wouldnt that be a possibility? A supertier you can be in for 20 lvl. The only problem might be, that it would be pretty hard for a lvl 12 to do anything aggainst someone 20 lvl higher..... there would have to be a special bolster.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Azarael

Post#17 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 am

Tier fusing and adjusting caps is something we are considering.

Dabbart

Post#18 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:09 am

Thanks for the quick patch!

Other than the obvious bug, it was an enjoyable system that had a decent fight, in NA prime-time. It takes some getting used too, and we got boned not having anyone RR40 in a rank 20guild in WB... Luckily we where saved by an actual Main-toon somewhere...

Also, ram placement seems a bit Tricky. That might just be User Error however.

Dueling cannons, AoE zerg busters, and a working ram/oil system should make some fun fights in NA time. I think our 1-2WBs work with the system quite well actually. If we had 400 people on our side, those cannons would be murderous. Especially with PuGs all running to a healer and Jumping on them...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Twyxx

Post#19 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:26 am

Thanx again for the patch~

sjin

Post#20 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:33 am

Azarael wrote:We're still working out how to solve for T2 and T3.
Spoiler:
cancel the pve mechanics in orvr, also applies to t4, idiots... this, nobody will not play... yours "alpha phate"
is horibble...
Dont post stuff like this or action will be taken, read the rules - Natherul