Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Order Tanks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
shaggyboomboom

Re: Balancing Order Tanks

Post#11 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Natherul wrote:Chosen and knights are going to have some work done on them soon anyway mate. They need a hit with the nerfhammer
Chosen already got nerfed to ****, how much more does it take until you people are satisfied?
The resist aura (the mandatory one) makes the AM and RP resist buff useless.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#12 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Natherul wrote:Chosen and knights are going to have some work done on them soon anyway mate. They need a hit with the nerfhammer
Chosen already got nerfed to ****, how much more does it take until you people are satisfied?
The resist aura (the mandatory one) makes the AM and RP resist buff useless.
So that#s the reasoning to nerf the chosen even further? That is like that argument the BG players braught up against the Mara, remove the armor debuff to make BG viable.

Chosen has toolwise already become one of the worst tanks in the game. With the Quake nerf the 3rd tree has become almost useless or so situational useless that it doesnt even matter anymore. The only thing that keeps this tree alive is the said resist aura.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

warislove

Post#13 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm

people will be satisfied when chosen/kotbs are the worst tanks ingame :)

Panzerkasper

Post#14 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:31 pm

warislove wrote:people will be satisfied when chosen/kotbs are the worst tanks ingame :)
If the changes go like the awesome changes made to Magus/Engi or WP/DoK, i fear for the worst and your prophecy will come true.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
warislove wrote:people will be satisfied when chosen/kotbs are the worst tanks ingame :)
If the changes go like the awesome changes made to Magus/Engi or WP/DoK, i fear for the worst and your prophecy will come true.
The changes made to engi/Mage ARE good and both classes are much more useful now

Chosen has not been nerfed in any meaningful way and is still easily the best tank on destro due to ez use of auras and destined for victory

kotbs and Chosen are low effort very high reward due to auras that are MANDATORY to run in every level of play

That is the definition of op and broken, no one class, not archtype, class should be mandatory

You completely missed what people where saying about Bg apparently becuase the issue is that Mara creates ability redundancy that means that they have superior versions of a large part of BGs kit and what remaining unique things that Bg has isn't sufficent to ever consider taking it over BO and all the good things it brings to the table

Anyone here who can't see that
1. Auras are way too strong
2.that kotbs/chosen brought back in line with other tanks so that all are equally viable

Really doesn't know much about game balance
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#16 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Yeah man, Chosen are the worst tank in the game, that's why every group wants one, and they are the most common tank on Destro. Having Immaculate Defence every minute, plus the best punt in the game, plus no effort aoe buffs that are as good, or better, than other classes' single-target buffs. Clearly a terrible class, why even play...

And the WP/Engi changes made those classes clearly better. The WP ones were reverted because it made melee healing too GOOD for less effort. So I don't know what you're worried about. Then again, if you're actually convinced Chosen are the worst tank in the game, then I don't know if we're even playing the same game.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

warislove

Post#17 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:14 pm

even though i dont play wp/dok/engi/magus/bg i dont mind the buffs they received

what i remember form live (didnt play tank than) there were very good IBs and BGs that didnt whine about their class being crappy and the grps they played in kotbs/chosen warent mandatory coz they knew how to play the class and were awesome doing it

so in a way IB/BG are tougher to play bcs the build up thing...that equals more skilled players to play those classes, which is a win maybe?....you can nerf chsens/kotbs all you like but the only way you will see more ppl taking bg/ib is if u nerf "op" tanks to the point that its unplayable

saupreusse
Developer

Post#18 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 pm

warislove wrote:even though i dont play wp/dok/engi/magus/bg i dont mind the buffs they received

what i remember form live (didnt play tank than) there were very good IBs and BGs that didnt whine about their class being crappy and the grps they played in kotbs/chosen warent mandatory coz they knew how to play the class and were awesome doing it

so in a way IB/BG are tougher to play bcs the build up thing...that equals more skilled players to play those classes, which is a win maybe?....you can nerf chsens/kotbs all you like but the only way you will see more ppl taking bg/ib is if u nerf "op" tanks to the point that its unplayable
IB is an awesome tank with much higher skill cap than KOTBS. Knight and Chosen are simply to simple while giving awesome grp utility by just being there. they dont even need to attack to have their auras up buffing and debuffing everyone in there sight.

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#19 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Changes in the type of weakness aura or other skills are good. But after the recent changes such as shatter limbs of slayer can expect everything.

Earlier explained that AM and shaman need to change because no one does not want them in the premade. After the changes, they continue playing solo and are not insurmountable in 1v1. Changes may be needed but this is how they are doing is completely wrong.

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:36 pm

warislove wrote:even though i dont play wp/dok/engi/magus/bg i dont mind the buffs they received

You want to know what the meta tanks on live were? Kotbs ib and chosen + Bg while BO and sm were considered garbage

This was becuase the live meta espically with the rr100 patch, strongly favored defensive playstyle which favored IB and Bg who can be tanky af and becuase of the broken proc system with ID order still had strong damage from x2 slayers and destro had strong damage from x2 maras due to glitched piercing bite tactic

It's amazing how much a game can change when you fix broken and bugged ****, and remove all the garbage like rr100 sets and lotd garbage