Recent Topics

Ads

Please start changing things

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Gatto

Re: Please start changing things

Post#11 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:20 pm

must be a troll right?
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:24 pm

A welcome change would be a buff to offspeccs

forsa

Post#13 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:25 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:31 am
When you know the strats, C/T is as easy as BB/BE. 1h max. And you don't need 2/2/2.
oh, so you don't know that bbbe takes 30-45min and is waaaaay easier than c&t, that takes 45-60 min and is around BS lvl mechanics wise.
Good to know.

Asderas27

Post#14 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:01 pm

If you aren't finishing C/T in 45 mins, you have to be special imho.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Vri

Post#15 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:06 pm

If only you had started playing years ago. This game has changed so much just over the past two years much less five years ago. You really have no idea what you are talking.

Xergon

Post#16 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 am I think I can speak for all when I say we are in desperate need of some fresh air and changes.

Be it changes of the orvr campain, or the SC queuing or career changes. Whatever it is. Please start changing things again.

We are holding onto the status quo for too long now.

I think the last changes were really nice, like the crests and ward changes helped a lot but it's coming sooo slow :(

We don't really need big stuff that takes a lot of work. Changing numbers and reusing existing stuff would be enough for the most part.
Be careful what u wish for, not always ANY change is a good one... Changes coming slow because of limited hands that are working on the project, if u think u can contribute maybe time to apply?

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 amORVR:
Increase spawn rate of boxes and add the ability to carry more of them to level and flip zones faster. Add a def tick and bag roll for defenders even when losing to prevent the logging to one side and having boring PvDoor.
You can try tweek a system how ever u want, but it will be always be up to players to play it proper and not abuse, which probably will never happen. What you are proposing is just to speed run zone locking through PvE.

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 amSC:
Add a SOLO_RANDOM mode that puts >= 1/6 healer >= 1/6 tank and >= 1/3 dps in groups to have a play mode for people with not much time or new players. No fancy UI needed. Just a SOLO_RANDOM queue with random maps for solo queuers only.
If you are UNHAPPY with how solo pug sc works, where its total random of who u will get in group and who u will be against, maybe time to try Solo Ranked where system actually matching classes to have most equal teams?

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 amPVE:
Decrease the difficulty of the end game instances a bit. It should be possible to run them with any group comp, as long there is one tank and two healers in it. They are slightly too hard for randoms. With decreasing pop numbers it is so hard to find a 2/2/2 group with a good tank for it.
PVE in current state is easiest than have ever been. You can literally speed run Gunbad, C&T or BB/BE with comps like 1 tank 4 dps 1 healer, if ppl know what to do and play properly ucan finish it around 30-40min... There is nothing to struggle in PvE.

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 amCareers:
It would be very welcome to change the numbers a bit from time to time. It's not a secret which careers are currently very strong and which are not. I don't wanna turn this in a GTDC / rampage thread again, however, people are complaining because some abilities are too strong. e.g. a z-axis limitation for GTDC pulls and a second range check for maras pulls is long overdue. The power gap between certain careers is too big for no reason (e.g. slayer and engi or SW and sorc, etc). Having fall off damage for melee aoe which is very dominant atm would be also very welcome. No big class overhauls needed. Just a little tweaking.
Changing numbers just for sake of changing is not smart approach. If you have enough experience and good gameplay understanding, u should know that even just slightly tweaking numbers can create big diff in the whole PvP system balance (ex. GCD change).

Overall, i like a lot yours DATA MINING topics, but i get the feeling that either u getting wrong conclusions out of that data, or u already had ur mind set, so data is irrelevant. Not that u can always trust data completely when u consider making changes.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Dabbart

Post#17 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm

"I think I can speak for all when I say we are in desperate need of some fresh air and changes."

Would be wrong. Many, many of us want there to be a serious effort into bug fixes before any new changes are implemented.

Many others of us. Want any changes to be tested and well thought out, rather than rushed simply because you are bored with the meta.

And still others of us are very weary towards any change for a myriad of reasons.

Many just want a less broken version of Live, without changes at all.

Oh, and then there's the Devs. Who are the ones doing the actual work. Pity you don't care what they think. If you're so desperate, then go take a coding class.

Why on Gork's Green Earth would you assume you speak for all, the majority, or even a lot of us? I know speaking for yourself is hard on ban evasion accounts, but still.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:12 pm

Battle64 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:16 pm Actually, thinking about it, is there a way to have SCs go back to the tier ranks? I feel like that would fix a good bit of the issues, so it's not a group of low 20s fighting a group of mid to high geared 30s.
This was never an issue and you don't change balance based on limited new player experience.
When you compare 20s and 30s you should assume that both sides know how to gear up and play their char.
Give a new player fully geared high 30s and they still get farmed by experienced 20s.
Dying is no option.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#19 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Be careful with what you wish

Martok

Post#20 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:47 pm

jshort wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 amPlease dont decrease difficulty of t4 dungeons any further. They are already super easy but i feel people these days (not only in this game but in many games) are not willing to put in the effort of learning stuff anymore.

I just woke up and am still brushing away the cobwebs, however I read this far into your post and thought, yep, right on right on right on.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...