Recent Topics

Ads

Close the server until it's ready

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
hrypas

Re: Close the server until it's ready

Post#11 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:22 pm

I think its waste of time to anwser to this guy, he's to stupid to understand or he's trolling...
hrypas- kotb
hrypa-bg
grzybica- shaman
holiv-zealot
olivh-am
olliviah-sm
holivia-sw
zyg- magnus
malpa- sh

Ads
craper

Post#12 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 pm

yes close the server and make the src open so more devs programmers come and join not just one main dev that dose it when he has time which reminds me of dyox and look what happend because he did it on his own when he could of just open src it right from the start of all this

Mystriss

Post#13 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:49 pm

I believe you can download the game and code it, I mean anyone, so it is open source in effect. That however does not change the fact that the changed data would have to be transported to, and (presumably) stitched in, by Max, who owns/operates the private server we are accessing. You are under a mistaken believe that this is like a game development company where all the devs are in the same room working on the same game, that is NOT the case.

Its like saying mechanics from different locations can all fix different parts on a car. It doesn't necessarily matter if Joe the mechanic in England fixes the transmission quickly, because Max who has the actual car in Nevada, STILL has to install said transmission if the car is gonna run. Less shipping cost, but its the same principle.

It doesn't matter if there's 2 or 5 or 50 devs working on the game because any changes made are still going to fall to the ONE person who HAS to implement them into the private server.

The fact that the private server is up, or not, is also completely irrelevant to the number of devs working on it, nor how quickly they can work on it. The server is merely up for our enjoyment in the meantime, period. If one doesn't enjoy it in its current state, then don't play (yet), it's pretty simple.

craper

Post#14 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:13 pm

yes i understand but should do what this guy is doing http://wrathofreckoning.forumotion.com/t203-updates

cosmin329

Post#15 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Mystriss wrote:I believe you can download the game and code it, I mean anyone, so it is open source in effect. That however does not change the fact that the changed data would have to be transported to, and (presumably) stitched in, by Max, who owns/operates the private server we are accessing. You are under a mistaken believe that this is like a game development company where all the devs are in the same room working on the same game, that is NOT the case.

Its like saying mechanics from different locations can all fix different parts on a car. It doesn't necessarily matter if Joe the mechanic in England fixes the transmission quickly, because Max who has the actual car in Nevada, STILL has to install said transmission if the car is gonna run. Less shipping cost, but its the same principle.

It doesn't matter if there's 2 or 5 or 50 devs working on the game because any changes made are still going to fall to the ONE person who HAS to implement them into the private server.

The fact that the private server is up, or not, is also completely irrelevant to the number of devs working on it, nor how quickly they can work on it. The server is merely up for our enjoyment in the meantime, period. If one doesn't enjoy it in its current state, then don't play (yet), it's pretty simple.
Well nvm,i owned a Silkroad online private server was the main dev and etc i don't know how the bugs are fixed on this game it might be the same or different,i will let that to the dev team i don't have any complains since i met some nice guys that accepted my group inv and helped me kill some enemies to get some decent gear so i can grind faster.But you could really use a donate option and things like that idk if you are paid as devs or not,the donations will help you greatly and you can give some titles to those who donate and stuffs like that something that won't affect the ingame gameplay that will make the donor overpowered.

Grolar

Post#16 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 pm

cosmin329 wrote:Ok so this is my suggestion close the server and invest in fixing the bugs and etc,really now you waste money hosting a game that's full of bugs yes i understand it's an emulator but close the game for 1 week let's say focus hard on fixing some of the bugs and open it again,i'm suggesting this because i really like the game and i wish playing it smoothly.
I think you are missing a very important point. The team, from my understanding, are working on fixing all things. They are just working on fixing them in tandem with having a game server up. As for server costs, I'm not really sure why you are concerned if they aren't.
I get what you are asking here, I just don't understand the motive. Are vital game elements broken and are people bitching about it...YES, but a lot of people are also having fun too.

Don't lose sight of the forest, because of the trees.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

cosmin329

Post#17 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:43 am

Grolar wrote:
cosmin329 wrote:Ok so this is my suggestion close the server and invest in fixing the bugs and etc,really now you waste money hosting a game that's full of bugs yes i understand it's an emulator but close the game for 1 week let's say focus hard on fixing some of the bugs and open it again,i'm suggesting this because i really like the game and i wish playing it smoothly.
I think you are missing a very important point. The team, from my understanding, are working on fixing all things. They are just working on fixing them in tandem with having a game server up. As for server costs, I'm not really sure why you are concerned if they aren't.
I get what you are asking here, I just don't understand the motive. Are vital game elements broken and are people bitching about it...YES, but a lot of people are also having fun too.

Don't lose sight of the forest, because of the trees.
i am concerned about the costs because most of the silkroad priv servers are closing because they don't have enough money to hold the host and etc i mean the admin has his bills to pay and etc .

Mystriss

Post#18 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:06 pm

As far as I understand it: The Dev's are working on this for free in their spare time. Many of us have already tried to offer money to help pay for the server and upgrades, but it is felt they can't accept any money due to legal issues. I believe I also read that the server hosting is free due to a friend but I might be thinking of a different project.

The bottom line, as I understand it, is that the server being online has no real effect on how long it takes them to code stuff, therefore taking it offline will not speed things up.

Ads
Grolar

Post#19 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Cosmin329,

Do you work for the hosting company, Silkroad? I couldn't find any information that Silkroad private servers are closing anywhere. If you don't work for them, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you do, then this conversation is starting to feel a little strange to me.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

MaxHayman
Management

Post#20 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:21 pm

The server being offline won't 'speed things up', if anything slow it down. If things aren't tested on the server then they may not be working properly. Having the server up is good because we can test all of the fixes with a big testing group.

We are trying our best to get everything working, but it takes time. Remember we all work on this project in our spare time.
Max Hayman