Recent Topics

Ads

Stats

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Londo

Re: Stats

Post#11 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 pm

And finally lets take a look at how these stats are controlled.
Stats are set with 2 different messages. Base stats are set with F_PLAYER_STATS and stats from gear (and some bonus stats) are set with F_BAG_INFO (Only sent when client loads or player changes gear).

Here is F_PLAYER_STATS packet

struct F_PLAYER_STATS {
byte StatCount; //number of stats to be set in this packet
byte WeaponSpeed; //melee weapon and ranged weapon
byte Unk1;
byte Unk2;
byte BaseArmor;
byte BonusArmor;
byte Bolster;
byte EffectiveLevel;
Statistic Stats[StatCount];
};

struct Statistic{
byte StatisticType;
ushort Value;
};

Bonus stats. These stats are sums of all the stats from gear. They are set with F_BAG_INFO. (This operation is multi purpose, first byte determines what its going to do. To set stats, we set it to 0x19;

struct F_BAG_INFO{
byte Type = 0x19; //we want to set bonus stats.
byte StatCount = 0x62; //we are going to set 98 stats
BonusStat Stats[StatCount];
};

struct BonusStat{
ushort Value; //value in big endian notation
ushort Unk1;
ushort Unk2;
byte Unk3 = 0x80;
byte Unk4 = 0x3F;
};

//Here are stat indices within the stat array.
#define STRENGH 1;
#define WILLPOWER 3;
#define TOUGHNESS 4;
#define WOUNDS 5;
#define INIT 6;
#define WEAPON_SKILL 7;
#define BALLISTIC 8;
#define INT 9;
#define SPIRIT 14;
#define ELEMENTAL 15;
#define CORP 16;
#define PLUS_TO_ALL_DPS 24;
#define BLOCK 28;
#define PARRY 29;
#define DODGE 30;
#define DISRUPT 31;
#define WEAPON_SPEED 38;
#define ALL_CRIT_BONUS 42;
#define MELEE_CRIT 76;
#define RANGE_CRIT 77;
#define MAGIC_CRIT 78;
#define MELEE_POWER 80;
#define RANGE_POWER 81;
#define MAGIC_POWER 82;
#define HEALING_CRIT 89;
#define HEALING_POWER 94;
#define TOUGHNESS_POWER 96;

So if we want to set Healing crit to 25%, and 300 int from mastery/xp level and int from gear/liniments/buffs we would say:

F_PLAYER_STATS baseStats;
baseStats.Stats[INT].Value = 300;
//send packet

F_BAG_INFO info;
info.Stats[HEALING_CRIT].Value = 25;
info.Stats[INT].Value = IntSumFromAllGear;
info.Stats[MAGIC_POWER].Value = MagicPowerFromAllGear;
//send packet;

Examples:
Set with F_PLAYER_STATS (Notice, player is bolstered to level 15, as anyone in T1 entering RVR lakes should be. This also adjusts effective level. In previous section all calculations take level into consideration.)

Setting of INT from gear, magic power, magic crit, healing power and healing crit using F_BAG_INFO

Ads
Bozzax

Post#12 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Nice work Londo
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Luth

Post#13 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Thats the ugliest ironbreaker i have ever seen...far too tall and really skinny, no beard and something is wrong with his ears...and that stick looks like an elf weapon :lol: ... but ... :shock:

Londo

Post#14 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I discovered any class can equip anyone's weapon, even NPC ones, and there are about 1,000 different weapons.

milkyn

Post#15 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Dude you are awesome!

Aceboltz

Post#16 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Grolar

Post#17 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Check in that stat knowledge and have Max post it for testing in combat. My Iron Breaker is dying to Iron Break some heads. :D

As for the weapons being able to be equipt by different classes....its cute and all, but Elves would only hurt themselves with a gun or an axe. :lol:
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Londo

Post#18 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Grolar wrote:Check in that stat knowledge and have Max post it for testing in combat. My Iron Breaker is dying to Iron Break some heads. :D

As for the weapons being able to be equipt by different classes....its cute and all, but Elves would only hurt themselves with a gun or an axe. :lol:
The broom seems safe

Ads
Kragg

Post#19 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 am

Londo wrote:
Grolar wrote:Check in that stat knowledge and have Max post it for testing in combat. My Iron Breaker is dying to Iron Break some heads. :D

The broom seems safe
They will find a way!

And Luth, good fight yesterday in Scenario. Hated having you chase Rikkit around. :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Rordin Brightrune, RR 70 Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

Tesq

Post#20 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Londo wrote:Weapon Skill

Block/Parry/Dodge/Disrupt
These stats increase chance to completely ignore damage of certain type. They are composed of 2 values. Shield rating value (divided by 100) and mastery/tactics/buffs/etc. These are capped at 100%, with no diminishing returns. To calculate percentage:

% = (shield rating / 100) + (Renown Training +Tactic + Buffs)

Example:
If I get 15% block from renown tratining, and 1000 block rating on the shield. Then formula would look like
block% = (1000 / 100) + (15)
wait wait, this is not correct from my game experience, in game these stats can go over 100% i duno if it's relevant but le me explain.
At 100% block you should still be able to get hit by someone cos there are several things that reduced your chance of defend attack:

1-strength and intelligence lower your chance
2-skills that ignore reduced defense

In fact you where able to go straigh after the 100% value in stat , ye game only considering the 100% value but you were able to do that for have a real 100% chance even after the defense reductio.
Don't remember if it was black guard skill or bo / IB but one of those increase the stats over the 100% and that is require to have a real 100% due to penetration, differently moral 2 for every tank let gain a 100% value automaticaly that cannot be "reduced" but only totaly ingore, for exemple by bright wizard tactic ( the only in game that can do that togheter with slayer rampage)

so:
strength reduced enemy block/parry chance
Intelligence reduced enemy block /disrupt chance

What i remember about these 2 is that at rr 100 with 2h + capped strengh/intelligence the reduction was around 18% (10% from 2h weapon and 8% from strength/intelligence

GJ btw!!
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.