Recent Topics

Ads

Patchnotes 07/10/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BrockRiefenstahl

Re: Patchnotes 07/10/16

Post#161 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:38 pm

It feels like this buff helped Engi much more than MAgus. I dont know but magus Pet seems really weak compared to turrets + Snipe = Squishy Killer but the Magus bolt = Elemental and does lower damage. Have to test a bit around but it feels like Engi is superior.

Are some experienced players, here that play both in T4?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#162 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:41 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:It feels like this buff helped Engi much more than MAgus. I dont know but magus Pet seems really weak compared to turrets + Snipe = Squishy Killer but the Magus bolt = Elemental and does lower damage. Have to test a bit around but it feels like Engi is superior.

Magus has a much better burst rotation - especially when assisting a Sorcerer - and I tried it extensively last night against several guilds in 6V6 (we won all matches). Also bear in mind that Unshakeable Focus may be altered - as per one of Aza's most recent posts - so that it doesn't stack with the mechanic 40%. Engineer is better at focusing some squishies, but I feel that later on the Magus is better against most classes in general for damage.

ToXoS

Post#163 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
BrockRiefenstahl wrote:It feels like this buff helped Engi much more than MAgus. I dont know but magus Pet seems really weak compared to turrets + Snipe = Squishy Killer but the Magus bolt = Elemental and does lower damage. Have to test a bit around but it feels like Engi is superior.

Magus has a much better burst rotation - especially when assisting a Sorcerer - and I tried it extensively last night against several guilds in 6V6 (we won all matches). Also bear in mind that Unshakeable Focus may be altered - as per one of Aza's most recent posts - so that it doesn't stack with the mechanic 40%. Engineer is better at focusing some squishies, but I feel that later on the Magus is better against most classes in general for damage.
I'm not sure about that.
Why the magus burst rotation would be better than the engie one?

ToXoS

Post#164 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Azarael wrote:The following experimental mode changes are pending:

Archmage/Shaman
  • Penalty for self lifetaps reduced to 20% from 50%.
  • Balance Essence and I'll Take That now heal for 150% of their base damage (total of 450 at rank 40) plus 150% of damage actually dealt, instead of 350% of damage actually dealt.
Engineer
  • Unshakable Focus will no longer stack with Improvised Upgrades.
I hear complaints about the range, but I would like more observation time.
People are complaining about the range buff because in their minds engie and magus are not a serious threat.
They are used to this thought, and now that the two classes can be a serious threat, they feel bad.
But the most whining comes from destro side. That's because there is more engie than magi in the game.
Even before the buff, engie was good for more reasons than magus, resulting in a bigger number of engies than magi.

I agree about the M2 unshackable focus nerf. Once again, Magus doesn't have such a nice damage boost. Focused mind is really inferior.

ToXoS

Post#165 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:27 pm

You're right.
Engie gun turret hits quicker than pink horror and have a nice damage burst.

kweedko

Post#166 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

Hope next patch DDZEALOT's gets a 50% dmg buff, rift skill, heal from damage increased buy 150%, and personal naked marader mount to compare with sorcs.

And RP gets an atomic nuke spell which oneshots any deastro in 20 km radius, but only while he got a beard, to not become op.

7rere7

Post#167 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:44 pm

It helps engie more and less for Magus/Sorc. Healers will focus more now on disrupt and willpower being their focused stat.

peterthepan3

Post#168 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 pm

ToXoS wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

I'm not sure about that.
Why the magus burst rotation would be better than the engie one?

Bolt of change, surge of insanity and surging violet fire - the latter two benefit from a 50% crit damage tactic - are all magical damage, and can be sync'd together.

Ads
warkaiser

Post#169 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Thelen wrote:I think the main problem is that engi/magus needed either the range or the damage, both at the same time makes them obnoxious anti-siege machines.

There doesn't seem to be a downside to the Engi/Magus mechanic to justify +50% range and +40% damage. Perhaps adding a slow or some sort of defensive debuff as the engi/magus scale towards this powerful artillery level would balance thing out?
Considering this, some are claiming that even with this range boost Engis still have it rough because they have to stand still for awhile to build up to it and theyre still very vulnerable because of it. So maybe giving them a range buff at all isnt a good solution to begin with and instead they should gain something defensive, or some more effective form of CC, allowing them to have more survivability when standing still instead of more offensive power.

peterthepan3

Post#170 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 pm

warkaiser wrote:
Thelen wrote:I think the main problem is that engi/magus needed either the range or the damage, both at the same time makes them obnoxious anti-siege machines.

There doesn't seem to be a downside to the Engi/Magus mechanic to justify +50% range and +40% damage. Perhaps adding a slow or some sort of defensive debuff as the engi/magus scale towards this powerful artillery level would balance thing out?
Considering this, some are claiming that even with this range boost Engis still have it rough because they have to stand still for awhile to build up to it and theyre still very vulnerable because of it. So maybe giving them a range buff at all isnt a good solution to begin with and instead they should gain something defensive, or some more effective form of CC, allowing them to have more survivability when standing still instead of more offensive power.

But that's the whole point: if we're supposed to be 'stationary' DPS, we should become more potent the longer we are allowed to stand still. Risk vs reward.

Most of the people moaning about the range are just unfamiliar with the concept of an engineer/magus becoming viable. Sad, really.