Recent Topics

Ads

ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

Post#31 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 am

Landgoat wrote:I really like the staff/dev direction of involving guilds more into the game and ORvR. I'm not quite sure how I feel about financing battles for the realm, but alas, it is a test server, and test we shall.

That being said, any word on when or if further guild rewards will ever be restored/implemented? I think it would create a lot more guild motivation and realm involvement.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Guild Standard Tactics are obviously a long discussion over balance and mechanics, which is why I'm not really trying to discuss it, but I don't see any issues with the three guild rewards I shared above in terms of breaking balance.
You absolutely right, but keep in mind the purpose of this project : Enhance the ORvR experience :).

@KiKKL :
can take a zone with just 3 bos and no keep capture?
According your enemy let you do it... yes. Keep in mind after rank 3 you will consume resource for many reasons... :)

Ads
Flowdan

Post#32 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 am

A bit off topic, so delete this post if you wish and contact me directly. But I want to help in the capacity of editing text posts on the main site. Played this game when it came out, recently discovered it, and every time I read something posted on the main page, I cringe. Hard. Where can I offer my free services as an editor?

Telen
Suspended

Post#33 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am

Should be interesting to see how this pans out. oRVR was always going to require a massive overhaul. I think Mythic had something to work with in their original oRVR system but with cuts just never did anything with it. In the end just gutting it.

It was always going to require a proper overhaul to get anywhere near its potential. I will always think the decision to have 2 factions not 3 was the biggest mistake they made. Faction balance was always the elephant in the room.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#34 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:08 am

--- I noticed a problem ... when the server crash you lose all the points you have conquered for the main roll. In the previous model you could keep points for some time after being disconnected. ---

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:54 am

amended : lock conditions.

Hastykrasty

Post#36 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Great work! Keep it up folks!
Finally a bit of strategy in a WAR game :)
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Natherul
Developer

Post#37 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Flowdan wrote:A bit off topic, so delete this post if you wish and contact me directly. But I want to help in the capacity of editing text posts on the main site. Played this game when it came out, recently discovered it, and every time I read something posted on the main page, I cringe. Hard. Where can I offer my free services as an editor?
Its a straight grab from the news section of the forum which is done automagically. Also on staff not all are native english speakers and as such some translation and fluidity issues arise, we catch some of them by ninja editing each other to fix the most glaring issues, but some will remain.

This is just how it works :D

Luuca

Post#38 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Will there be a consolidated feedback post in the near future, or should we post our experiences here?

Ads
Arena

Post#39 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey. What about rebalance of DoK/WP and Choosen/kotBS?
You promised to change them, but i can't see here anything about it.
Is class changes canceled or just put in unseen future?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#40 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Luuca wrote:Will there be a consolidated feedback post in the near future, or should we post our experiences here?
This post is just an information to give you a general overview of the project, according it will be deployed step by step, i think the better way to give feedbacks in a first time will be on Patchnote.
Arena wrote:Hey. What about rebalance of DoK/WP and Choosen/kotBS?
You promised to change them, but i can't see here anything about it.
Is class changes canceled or just put in unseen future?
Sorry Arena, but this post is ORvR general mechanic related. Balance class is not the subject of this thread :).