Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
DRyOLCU

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#51 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:07 am

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?

Yes rewards were fair and enough
- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards.
Dont think so after i got the rewards for 14 h watching on saturday, i couldnt get anything on sunday

- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
Yes bop iS better

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?
Hours required were fair

- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
Startedwatching 1 streamer then i ve opened others and watched them on activity with lowering or increasing volume
3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?
Yeah they were challenging but while everyone were on pvp we couldnt do the bosses
- Were the quests' rewards fair?
Experience were low, 3 quests each 80 k exp only give %45 for a rank 33 player
- Were the quests too long/too short?
Not long not short :)

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?
Ebough streamers but only 1 for türkiye, we have many mmorpg player base and you should do extra advertisement to meet them with WAR ROR

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes watched multiple streamers
- Have you met new streamers?
Yes but many of them were beginner :)

Ads
zulnam

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#52 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 am

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
not applicable (did not play during 1st and 2nd)

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
not applicable (did not play during 1st and 2nd)

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
Not sure if fair is the right word. Twitch Drops are fun and bring the spice of random rewards in a game we've played over and over again. I don't see any valid reason in making it an event that limited since the rewards are cosmetics and consumables, unless there are hidden costs or developer time. If not I definitely think they should occur more frequently.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
Overall event presentation and administration on the website, more below.

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
no

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
yes

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
yes

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
personal no; streamer yes

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
i like both. perhaps make sought after rewards fixed hour (i.e.: aviator googles, appearance items) and consumables RNG

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?
yes

- Are the quests' rewards fair?
yes

- Can the quests be more competitive?
not sure

4. STREAMERS

yes

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
no

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
yes

[PERSONAL NOTES]

I. Ok fellas, I really need to address the elephant in the room. I believe the weakest part to the twitch events is not the event or the game but the actual presentation around it.
The website needs a facelift (not even gonna touch on the forum). There I said it. I know I might be biased since I work on this kind of stuff (and visiting RoR feels like going back in time) but to me the weakest parts of this event were:

- no way to navigate to account link/rewards from navbar. Had to open it via forum thread link every time.
- multiple forum threads holding information instead of a single info page.
- no return button after assigning a reward to your character.

It's not a priority for you, I respect that. I don't expect a facelift to start based solely on my feedback; but at least some basic functionality like stated here should be strongly considered.

II. I think you would've gotten more feedback at your initial survey by using Google Forms or something similar.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#53 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Senlui wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm - Are the quests challenging enough?
I would say the quest to complete 30 scenarios was too challenging - only because scenarios were barely popping for me over the weekend. I would get one every hour or so, sometimes having to wait an hour and a half (I'm lvl 40 btw, I'd almost expect this in the lower level brackets). And it seemed not many people were eager on grouping up to kill the Bosses.
Just to make sure that you know, the quests are here for 7 days. I wasn't sure if you thought they were for 24h or 3 days but some people got confused and spread their confusion instead of asking.

Nevertheless thank you for the fruitful feedback.

- - -
adzcriz wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm - Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions. Actually i find it better to be a more regular event from my experience of other games like World of warships, they simply tweaked the drop rate and ensured rewards were not overpowered, perhaps something similar here
Over the past 3 months, we figured out that they take enough of our tiny manpower to make it less frequent, but the main reason is that we want to keep it "fresh" for people to be eager to participate in without giving them the feel that it's repetitive.

Good feedback tho, thanks.

- - -
Halbeard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm
- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
I wasn't playing at that time, but other people mentioned that was the case!

Absolutely, they were extremely helpful and informative about the game!
Glad you're joined us on time then ^_^ Welcome to RoR.

- - -
RathBrand wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:19 am Honestly, you guys have done a much better job with twitch drops than a lot of other games, including one major mmorpg that recently had you watch streams for an unspecified amount of time and have to check the next day to see if you got any drop.
That's great to hear I guess ^_^ Thanks, our team is really dedicated to make things work nicely. Sometimes we don't do it right from the first time, but we try our best to achieve a balanced outcome between what players want and what the game needs.

- - -
scarybatch wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 am My only slight bit of input would be on the claim page maybe either add some divider lines separating characters or a confirmation option to make sure you're sending the item to the correct character.
Something we noted in the previous events' feedbacks as well, but we're preparing something even better. Hence the delay.

Acidic

Post#54 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Last edited by Acidic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#55 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Acidic wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:10 pm
Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: ↑
No

No

Sort of to much influence from some very uninformed ppl
You didn't notice at all the implementation of previous feedbacks? Someone's not paying attention enough ^_^
You really need to stop participating in such events if it's a burden for you. After all, it's meant to be fun and enjoyable and you should totally avoid anything unpleasant for you! :D
I think you should add that you only want feedback that you will like.
I'll give you two short answers:

1. I really don't care about arguing about this here, cause I'm interested in reading all of the feedback that people want to share without turning this into a drama-fest. If I only cared about feedback I want, you wouldn't see so many people noticing the implementation of their own feedback.

2. You're confusing giving feedback with answering questions. They both look the same, they surely aren't the same but I guess it's expected at this point.

If you have anything else to share please make another thread or discuss it openly in #general chat on Discord, I don't mind. After this reply please keep this thread clean otherwise I'll delete the posts myself.

Telo

Post#56 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:48 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:15 pm
Telo wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 pm No. Oddly enough twitch shows that I won the aviator goggles but they never showed up in my list to claim
Can you send me a screenshot of that notification with the timestamp? You can also check your rewards on Twitch's website.

- - -
I'm trying to add screenshots that you requested and they're in .png format but it's not allowing me to add them. Are there restrictions on file types or do I need another file type? I can also email them to you or however you want them

Concentrate

Post#57 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Got over 20 drops on the first 2 days, then on the 3rd I received none. Did I max out my rewards?

nuadarstark

Post#58 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:48 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
Oh yeah, the first was a bit of a hot garbage and while the second was good, it was very time intensive. This one was top notch time-wise

Oh yeah, hell the times alone were pretty crazy before, now they were much more reasonable.
- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.

I honestly kinda like it once a month or two. It's a fun event and it kinda energizes the whole playerbase into being more active.
- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

Getting into the claims page was a bit of a chore, as I could only find it through the patch notes link in forums. That could be done a bit cleaner.

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?

I got very few of the RNG rewards (pretty much only the box of talismans, the gold puches, box of linis and I think one armour pots). Somehow I got less and less RNG rewards the more time the event was running.
- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?

Oh yeah, those were awesome.
- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?

Much less than before, so awesome there again.
- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?

In first 24 hours they did, then very very sporadicaly and on the last day I got nothing at all.
- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?

I think they would, but I managed to do them at the start when they bugged, so I think I got the SC one done in 3 SCs and keep one in one keep take. Didn't expect it and could do anything about it in the end, but yeah the bug part might need extra attention next time.
- Are the quests' rewards fair?

Quest rewards were honestly the bomb, especially the 100 oppressors.
- Can the quests be more competitive?

Pretty sure that they could, especially if they involved one of the more of a competitive modes of the game (Ranked, Cities)

4. STREAMERS

Hell yeah, I think after I finished the "individual streamer" rewards, I was hopping back and forth between 6-7 streamers.

To a degree. I this some in particular can be fairly toxic, especially when it comes to sides, etc.
Oh yeah, though with the time involved I might just watch few streams here and there.

In the end I like the event and the rewards. I still don't understand how the RNG rewards get progressively harder to get or why I was not getting them at all the last day or so, but that's honestly fine. I find the Goggles overrated and dyes or pots are not as important.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
Parallels66

Post#59 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:11 pm

only thing i would *personally* like as a new player to this game is more mount variety, maybe something like a certain mount is *verrrrrrrrrrry* low drop rate BUT permanent rasther than a time limited one. might also get more people involved if they potentially can get something exclusive and permanent

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#60 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:16 pm

Parallels66 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:11 pm only thing i would *personally* like as a new player to this game is more mount variety, maybe something like a certain mount is *verrrrrrrrrrry* low drop rate BUT permanent rasther than a time limited one. might also get more people involved if they potentially can get something exclusive and permanent
Unfortunately that wasn't a priority for the original WAR developers. Their idea of mount variety was making different armor for your standard racial mount. The creatures we use as specialty mounts generally weren't intended to be used at all, which leads to a bunch of graphical bugs and animation glitches. Things like walking backward, turning, or going stiff while jumping. Or being able to "ride" mounts while standing on their back as a Magus or Squig Herder. Also, in the past few events we've basically gone through all the potential weird mounts that people haven't seen before. It will take some work to try and rig up new mounts next time, the game just isn't built for that kind of variety.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog