Recent Topics

Ads

Role of 2H SM: Backlines Bodyguard

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Role of 2H SM: Backlines Bodyguard

Post#71 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 pm

i'm k to give something unique to sm/bo, it's k for every classes , but can we first think if the super punt it's k x se? for me it isn't; that's why i think it's better change super punt instead give to sm /bo 1 trick pony to overcome super punt.
Give sm /bo an anti punt still not solve the punt problem in game, so before add something to coutner something that need anyway attention would be better to look at the original problem.
Also this is not a solution becouse one spot would always be for chosen/kobs unless sm/bo get a working resistence buff, so this mean that a party or a wb with 1 sm/bo x party with out a super punt cannot win the war of super punts due to kobs/chosen have a 10 spammable punts.
If it will not go by super punts it will end by aoe so the party with sm/Bo have a disadvanatge; basically they will overcome you anyway, so what's the point?

It's super punt that need change. Force ppl to have no more a easy way to remove guard, make em use more dots , taunt, los, more cc combination then kB then focus.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#72 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Penril wrote: ...
IMHO
Adding ranged melee assist tanks to the game is a bad idea
Making guard removable by 2h-ers is worse

I find your situational theory crafting where anything having a CD isn’t useful when it suits you or can just be super punted off being BS.

I understand you firmly believe all the stuff you write to be facts and a have strong need to go after anyone with a different opinion to defend your own views. Lets just agree to disagree instead.

And if you plan to write another post of trying to argue your points by saying “I love to be wrong”, I kindly ask you not to.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Penril

Post#73 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:03 pm

So instead of giving any kind of evidence to support your claims, you only answer with "this is my opinion, please dont tell me im wrong".

Cool.

Bozzax

Post#74 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:07 pm

No I just don’t think endless pages of situational theory crafting will be meaningful with someone that thinks his opinions are facts and evidence.
Penril wrote:But by now we all know you love to be wrong :) :P
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Penril

Post#75 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:17 pm

At least Tesq explains his point of view and gives examples of why he thinks certain things should change/stay the same. You only said "nonono! This is a bad idea" but gave no explanation other than "defensive pounce is bad for funnelers running away fron the zerg" without actually explaining why. And when i gave several examples of how def pounce actually helps kiters, you repply with "i dont want to talk to you anymore".

If anything, it is you the one trying to pass your opinions as facts. Dont expect people to side with you just because you say so.

Bozzax

Post#76 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Tesq is a far better person then me ;)

Tesq

Post#77 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm

2h suffer the same problem of wp/dok, they play not as frot line, you need to force them to play that way not give something that buff them in that stance. Same as 2h, tanks damage were nerfed cos they were too strong, force them to buil in a directiona and also play in a certain way could allow some buff.

Maybe if shield tank soak more damage, 2h tank could backslash those damage back, so they would make a % damage of damage taken ( not 100% and onyl ST backslash not aoe, i do not want make even more aoe burst)

btw i didn't understood a thing what you think it's the problem of 2h?

damage, support or durability? in which direction what you make 2h tank go?
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#78 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Obviously dmg should be the way 2h tanks go

support and durabilty SnB does better hands down

Ads
Tesq

Post#79 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm

so the 2h must have few support a good def but high dps?

Penril

Post#80 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:47 pm

If you boost a 2h tank's damage you will only see more loldps tanks running around and not supporting their groups. I would rather see a change that encourages 2Htanks to still protect his group.

Maybe you could change how Guard works depending on wether you have a 2h or SnB. Currently you receive 50% of your guarded ally's damage with a chance to block or parry it. Maybe with a 2h, Guard could simply buff your groupmate's parry to the same level as the tank. This would give the groupmate a chance to either ignore 100% of the damage (if he parries) or take 100% and the tank receives 0% (helps the survivability of 2h tanks).

It could stack with a regular SnB tank's Guard.