Recent Topics

Ads

Killboard KDR should be removed!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Anderlin

Re: Killboard KDR should be removed!

Post#81 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:42 pm

I enjoy the Killboard especially for the solo filter as this gives me the best indication of the mistakes I'm making. People shouldn't stress about their K/D, I don't think anyone cares (I've never seen anyone prevented from joining a group due to K/D.) If people want to chase a high K/D good on them. If they want to avoid situations due to K/D, that is fine, they can play the way they want to play.

What they should do is expand the Killboard to include other factors for non-dps classes. IMO this would encourage more group play to help their fellow player. Example:

• Healers:
○ Healing/per death
○ Resurrections/per death
○ Protection/per death
• Tanks:
○ Protection/per death
Guard damage taken/per death

Ads
Martok

Post#82 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:02 pm

If all of that were put into it then why call it a kill-board. Just change the name to Stat-Board and problem solved.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

juzzieb

Post#83 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:36 pm

Honest there's a lot of problems with it. People like MSY and Clensigh teaming up and Clensigh heals MSY and AP drains u so MSY can farm solo kills...

What kind of trash players do this for a killboard stat lmao

It's more useful now than ever though that you can track which abilities did most of the damage without needing the addons but it can't be taken seriously.

Aethilmar

Post#84 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:26 am

Anderlin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:42 pm I enjoy the Killboard especially for the solo filter as this gives me the best indication of the mistakes I'm making. People shouldn't stress about their K/D, I don't think anyone cares (I've never seen anyone prevented from joining a group due to K/D.) If people want to chase a high K/D good on them. If they want to avoid situations due to K/D, that is fine, they can play the way they want to play.

What they should do is expand the Killboard to include other factors for non-dps classes. IMO this would encourage more group play to help their fellow player. Example:

• Healers:
○ Healing/per death
○ Resurrections/per death
○ Protection/per death
• Tanks:
○ Protection/per death
Guard damage taken/per death
Thank you. Someone else gets it. The problem is not the board itself it is that it is the ONLY highly visible representation of "skilled" play. Expose the other stats and K/D ratio becomes just another stat.

hogun

Post#85 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:36 pm

good morning,
I love the Killboard and especially the solokill KDr, probably because i think I have the best KDrsolokill tank on the server, MOUHAHAA :)
The classic KDr gives an indication about the player nothing more ,but it's still interesting and I don't see any good reason to remove it.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

ShadowWar

Post#86 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:57 pm

hogun wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:36 pm The classic KDr gives an indication about the player nothing more
I think it gives even less than that :D It's literally a single data snapshot without any context or extra information. There are two modes of thought: provide only useful data, and provide any available data. I don't know if the argument can be made that the KDR is useful, but there's a lot of information provided for the game if you know where/how to look. I think there's a stronger argument for SoR being more impactful on player decision making than anything else in game. Much like local in EVE online, it's a perfect information tool.

MedV

Post#87 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:59 pm

Most of the time KDR doesn’t really mean anything without context of how people play and it really only matters on dps classes.

RDPS should in general have better KDR than MDPS.
Some Solo/team roaming rdps will just sit at the fringe of a fight and pick off people who would most likely die anyway to the blob. They have a largely inflated KDR but it doesn’t truly mean they are a good player.

Basically it’s easy to inflate your KDR if you care about it, only go out in groups, run from even fights, leave scenarios if you are losing. Question is, is that fun ?
The King.

hogun

Post#88 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:52 am

@ShadowWar, personally, it gives me good information, but maybe it's because I've learned to read it or that I have enough experience in this game to understand what I'm reading.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
ShadowWar

Post#89 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:48 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 pm Love the new killboard with abiliites used in fights. I am looking through some of the top killers on the server and I just cant believe the percentage of Auto Attack that is so high especially on the top slayers and squig herders. Some of the top dps on the server are doing 70% of their total dmg as auto attack. Makes me want to rethink how i even use abilities as some are literally only using 4 abilities and auto attack.
I'm gonna have to go check that out. I've been reading through my logs and then going back and referencing the tree builder just to find out what the hell's happening in the fight sometimes. That will be useful, since I already try to look to see what gear my enemies are using too. Those alone are amazing reasons to keep the kill board. I don't know many people that actually care about the kill ranks.

Caleb

Post#90 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 am

To add a real example that happened this week caused by Killboard KDA ( unfortunately without showing any screenshots or names, since that is against the rules ).

A player has been griefing and abusing their own team-mates throughout the week in Scenarios, by abandoning fights where they could possibly die, to the point they AFK-ed in camp even during [WINNING SCENARIOS], in order to preserve their KDA, causing their team to lose a valuable Tank/DPS and very likely cause their team to lose.

All of this in order to be on the Weekly Leaderboard and have a ridiculous high KDA on their character - that they later boasted about on the official RoR Discord and after a few questions, they have been connected to several other characters who has been seen doing this in-game.

== This is actually a documented case, with several screenshots of proof and also one reported/filed offense at Gamemasters for one of the characters, for which they got a minor quitter punishment apparently ==