Recent Topics

Ads

Why?

Let's talk about... everything else
mogt

Re: Why?

Post#91 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 am

the bis are very stragetic things, the problem is, the players dont know, how important this is, in the past live server time, we stand many times at the bos, for defending this, and the others attack the keep as eg. the biggest problem, what i see is, many have no ambition, for doing things.many are egoistic and they want fast fast their gear and not doing teamplay, many times, we have no communications, but that is the problem, from the playerbase.

that is reason, why the big guilds and many players, fighting in a area over hours, then they get rr and medals, for the kills, then they log to other side, and doing the same, averytime. we hjave a option, that the players can play 2 sides, but, must the player do that no they dont.

a real player, choiice one side, and fight against the oppsite side, and doing all, for prevent the enemy talking keep or zone, this teamplayers, are very rare, because 80-85 % are agoistic adn want all very fast, that is very very sad

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:17 am

mogt wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 am the bis are very stragetic things, the problem is, the players dont know, how important this is, in the past live server time, we stand many times at the bos, for defending this, and the others attack the keep as eg. the biggest problem, what i see is, many have no ambition, for doing things.many are egoistic and they want fast fast their gear and not doing teamplay, many times, we have no communications, but that is the problem, from the playerbase.

that is reason, why the big guilds and many players, fighting in a area over hours, then they get rr and medals, for the kills, then they log to other side, and doing the same, averytime. we hjave a option, that the players can play 2 sides, but, must the player do that no they dont.

a real player, choiice one side, and fight against the oppsite side, and doing all, for prevent the enemy talking keep or zone, this teamplayers, are very rare, because 80-85 % are agoistic adn want all very fast, that is very very sad
It has nothing with ambition, people just have different goals than you.
Since you mention xrealming, I don't consider many of xrealmers egoistic (e.g. myself), because cmon. How can you consider someone who changes side to underdog with 100+% AAO egoistic? We just want to have some fun and fights, not siege empty keeps or afk at BOs for eternity to just get eaten by blob (doesn't mean we don't do so at times) rather than gain some not really important purple points.

mogt

Post#93 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

you mean that is ok, if the players fight as eg 100: 100 over hours, then the palyers the other side then is 150 :50 and then fight again over hours, then they log to ther side, and this continue, withozt take the keep or zone lock, know you what important is in this gmae, noot just killing eachother, strategic is important and all things in the rvr is important, the keep,m take bos, ... and not just a free area, with killing just the players, but with the xrealm timer, we see, what this player does

anarchypark

Post#94 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:56 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am
Hello, argument about BO as zerg remover is strongly opposed to my whole experience with RoR experience. In fact Bo are very usefull to blobing players in to zergs. Simpy- Bo are most visible battlefield point, where y can meet other realmbuddies.
And this waiting one place for fight killing any other battle tactics, just bull vs bull , head vs head, horn vs horn, winner is - bigger bull. :D

you're missing very important part.
zone lock.

which brings another question.
what's your purpose of orvr ?

for me, it's zone lock to the city.
it's not yet. but practice is good.

I presume your answer is PvP.
well, strategy is also PvP.
and bigger version is RvR.

sitting at BO is worst strategy.
I recommend stop doing it but your choice.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW6, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

M0rw47h

Post#95 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 am

mogt wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am you mean that is ok, if the players fight as eg 100: 100 over hours, then the palyers the other side then is 150 :50 and then fight again over hours, then they log to ther side, and this continue, withozt take the keep or zone lock, know you what important is in this gmae, noot just killing eachother, strategic is important and all things in the rvr is important, the keep,m take bos, ... and not just a free area, with killing just the players, but with the xrealm timer, we see, what this player does
Your issue is that you believe people play RvR for same reason as you do. Not to mention that even without many xrealmers (50% population) changing to winning side at same time, if we got 100 : 100 and 50 people leave it's as bad with 100 : 50 to be honest. Another thing is, xrealm timer depending on lengh could be more negative than positive, unless a) there would be no xrealm timer as long as side you want switch to has huge AAO, b) there would be no xrealm timer for Davi.

mogt

Post#96 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:37 am

no that is no negative, because, if we hjave then aao, that the side know, that we have aao, and must change their playstyle, if we prevent the zone lock, or we can try to prvent the zone lock. but at the moment, if any side have aao,many players, switching the side everytime, and we dont know, when the aao go gone or come back, that is the reason

and the playstyle with stragetic, is not just my opinion. many players want going the easiest way, because in other mmos, that is normal, that they get doing miinimlize and then they get their reward. and the devs, do a very good job here, as eg, that is no easy to kill the lord, or doing easy the pq 22, if you want this rewards, the players, must know, hoiw is the mecanic and doing teamplay, and communication, that is very very important in this game or in other mmos, but many players dont know, how it is, if a quest a little bit harder. then they cry, oh man, that is so hard and we dont do that, because, we dont get fast a reward. that is sad, and many players, have this think in their heads, and i repeat, this game, is not just a pvp game, it was never a pvp ggame

Sulorie

Post#97 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Each their own but when e.g. a 2:1 faction balance is acceptable with loopsided situations, where one side is bored, is not negative, then this is a pretty good example how bad extreme realm pride is.
Dying is no option.

Dajciekrwi

Post#98 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:56 am
Dajciekrwi wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am
Hello, argument about BO as zerg remover is strongly opposed to my whole experience with RoR experience. In fact Bo are very usefull to blobing players in to zergs. Simpy- Bo are most visible battlefield point, where y can meet other realmbuddies.
And this waiting one place for fight killing any other battle tactics, just bull vs bull , head vs head, horn vs horn, winner is - bigger bull. :D

you're missing very important part.
zone lock.

which brings another question.
what's your purpose of orvr ?

for me, it's zone lock to the city.
it's not yet. but practice is good.

I presume your answer is PvP.
well, strategy is also PvP.
and bigger version is RvR.

sitting at BO is worst strategy.
I recommend stop doing it but your choice.
Yes, its very good and important argument.
However, when comes to Fortresses and Capitals i will fight to the last breath on any point to conquer or defend Capital. But on actually stage of RoR progress, with all respect for DEVS i dont feel motivated to lock zones. Honestly prefer fast assault , hit & run and kill most hated Ordies :))
With no offence or provocation, this is a backbone of this game( for me).

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 am

I'm sure everyone would be interested in zone locks if there were new rewards added...

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#100 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:33 am

Like something for locking T4 pairs?