Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Build question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lilsabin

[Slayer] Build question

Post#1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:14 am

is there a build to give the slayer a lil more survivability ?

Ads
magter3001

Re: slayer

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 am

Depends largely on which class you need more survivability against. If it's a physical damage dealer, you got an armor tactic available. If it's rdps or magic users, you could spec into the left tree and grab the channeled heal.

Otherwise, you should just get a tank to guard you and a healer to heal you. Most people on the forums will say such. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

lilsabin

Post#3 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:30 am

is runic blessing tactic worth it ? and what about the taking chances tactic too , that heals u while enraged ?

Scrilian

Post#4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:53 am

Brute Force and Wild Gambit are pretty much a must have. That leaves you a tactic slot for Ancestral Inheritage, which is not that bad if you run solo without a Guard.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sla ... 9:;0:0:0:0:
Devastator Head+Shoulders, Stalker torso+hands+shoes for max STR+Wounds, STR/WS+Wounds jewellery would leave you with a healthy 5.5k+ health and quite a decent chuck of armour, aswell as capped Str with pot/aura. 15%+ crit and atleast 40+% armour penetration.
Still everyone would prefer to focus you, so mastering your detaunt and positioning is key ;)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

magter3001

Post#5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:22 am

Basically what got posted above me. Make sure you always have a str and armor potion on your character. Healing potions are also a must, especially if you decide to go solo. Other than that, pick your battles wisely and time your channeled heal correctly.

lilsabin

Post#6 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:36 pm

interesting , but the wild gambit one , doesnt it leave me unvulnerable with that -120 toughness , and yes i planned on going solo a lot , i dont have time to manage my way in a good 6 man

magter3001

Post#7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm

The lack of toughness should be taken care of by the extra armor tactic. The classes that can take advantage of your low toughness however are usually low armor classes themselves and are prime targets for your channeled heal.

Think WEs, Magus, and Sorcs ;)

lilsabin

Post#8 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 pm

thnx a lot for the advices , allthough i ll let u know if i find a better survivability spec that still do good damage

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#9 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 am

While this is a Choppa and not a slayer , this guy always had some great vids and good survivability no matter what game he was playing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfc3Q9-yVlQ

This vid here is a Duel between him and Jaycub great fight .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TDR8D1B5A

notagain

Re: [Slayer] Build question

Post#10 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:14 pm

You can get some durability through tactics and that's about it. Slayer is a glass cannon. The class isn't hard to play, when it comes to pushing buttons, but it's as squishy as squishy classes but it's melee. Positioning is the most important thing to focus on when fighting. Go for the targets you can kill, and then get out. In my experience the best builds are Dual Wielding builds. Choppas always had more durability than slayers, while slayers always had a bit more sheer glass cannon burst than choppas.
-------------RoR--------------
Tankpants-40/40 KotBS <Old School>
Notagain-37/37 Slayer <Old School>
-------------Live--------------
Notagain-40/8x Slayer Iron Rock-Order <Blacklisted><The Legends>