Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Talisman Advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nugster

[Chosen] Talisman Advice

Post#1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:17 pm

so I've started playing a chosen for the first time and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what I should be using when it comes to Talisman.

at the moment I'm only level 10 and I mainly do sc's with the odd but of Orvr if there's a certain influence item I like.

my playstyle is basically guardbot/debuff for a DPS in my group which in pugs can be extremely annoying and most the time as soon as they get targeted they run because they don't realise they're guarded.

right now I'm using armor Talisman with the odd str Talisman as these are what I had left over from leveling Talisman making on my zealot. it seems to work really well as I have 88% physical damage reduction or something close to that and even when I get armor debuff ed I'm still sitting at 50-60% I have my rr's in dodge and disrupt and most sc's I don't die if I have a good healer and come close if not top the damage boards ( not that I'm trying to)

But I guess my real question is, going into T2 and T3 should I be focusing more on toughness and/or wounds or is armor stacking with RR's In dodge/disrupt still going to be viable?

Thanks.

Ads
Penril

Re: [Chosen] Talisman Advice

Post#2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:24 pm

I like going for Wounds/Str.

Str so my attacks don't get parried/blocked that much (i don't care about my damage when playing Chosen). This is important when you want to apply a KD, Stagger, punt, snare, etc.

Wounds because your biggest threat comes from guard damage. Even with high parry/block you will still be taking lots of guard damage (if you play correctly and swap it to whoever is being focused). This is specially true when guarding squishies (Choppa, Sorc, etc.). Guard damage can't be mitigated by toughness/armor, so in this case it is better to have a large HP pool.

Toughness/armor... they can be useful if enemies focus you a lot. But people will usually target you last anyway.

I use my renown points on Block, Disrupt, and Resolute Defense if i am solo tanking.

whstl

Re: [Chosen] Talisman Advice

Post#3 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:27 pm

In short: go for wounds. It will boost your survivability regardless of damage source.

In t3 as you get good equipment, you can try stacking toughness for RvR. Along with the tactic you can get it pretty high(when it starts being effective). Or stacking strength for more damage in SCs.
And I wouldn't recommend stacking armor, unless you going to do PvE(including keep heroes tanking) or you are going to duel specific classes.
AoR: Gadaric - Chosen | Renown Rank: 80 | Karak-Norn | Guild: Greenpeace
RoR: Gadaric - Chosen | Renown Rank: 40 | Martyrs Square | Guild: No Remorse