Recent Topics

Ads

slayer ???

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lilsabin

slayer ???

Post#1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:25 am

after some analysis of the class i came to the conclusion that this is a mix between a fury warrior and a rogue (FOR THOSE WHO PLAYED world of warcraft , you will know) and yet i was wondering and asking myself at the same time , what is the purpose of the skill "SPINE CRUSHER" ? then why would some one ever use "precarious assault" ? and least but not last , is rampage some kind of buff that can be activated when the conditions are met or do i need a target ?

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Re: slayer ???

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:50 am

1) To smash things that aren't facing you.
2) To smash something, at the cost of making you easier to smash.
3) I don't think you need a target, no. Take that with a grain of salt.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:05 am

no one uses precarious assault ^^ (it does way to little dmg for the malus you get)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Scrilian

Post#4 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 am

lilsabin wrote:after some analysis of the class i came to the conclusion that this is a mix between a fury warrior and a rogue (FOR THOSE WHO PLAYED world of warcraft , you will know) and yet i was wondering and asking myself at the same time , what is the purpose of the skill "SPINE CRUSHER" ? then why would some one ever use "precarious assault" ? and least but not last , is rampage some kind of buff that can be activated when the conditions are met or do i need a target ?
Spine crusher is great if you spec most of the mastery points into the Trollslayer tree, its costs a bit less AP and has higher base damage then Pulverising Strike.
Precarious Assault is garbage, low damage and a self debuff, bleh.
Rampage doesn't require target and could/should be cast in yellow rage zone, even if disarmed.
Six thousand years of grudges in a short muscular drunken angry greased up orange ball of rage with a mohawk - that's what Slayer is, wow classes can't even compete :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

lilsabin

Post#5 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:14 am

then is it possible for the devs to make those skills more appealing by giving them a purpose ? what you guys think ?

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 am

buff slayers always good! ;)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Scrilian

Post#7 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:19 am

lilsabin wrote:then is it possible for the devs to make those skills more appealing by giving them a purpose ? what you guys think ?
I think its the direction to go with class skills in general, but doubt that Precarious Assault would be changed into something useful, aside being the only dump-rage ability until lvl6, simply because slayer in general is quite strong.

Maybe instead of getting 5% incoming crit debuff it could buff armor penetration for 5%, but that's just my fantasy :)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

notagain

Post#8 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:43 pm

lilsabin wrote:after some analysis of the class i came to the conclusion that this is a mix between a fury warrior and a rogue (FOR THOSE WHO PLAYED world of warcraft , you will know) and yet i was wondering and asking myself at the same time , what is the purpose of the skill "SPINE CRUSHER" ? then why would some one ever use "precarious assault" ? and least but not last , is rampage some kind of buff that can be activated when the conditions are met or do i need a target ?
When you play a glass cannon slayer lots of people run away from you, so you knock them down and crush their spine. Just because not every skill is amazing or the best doesn't mean it needs to be fixed or made more appealing.
-------------RoR--------------
Tankpants-40/40 KotBS <Old School>
Notagain-37/37 Slayer <Old School>
-------------Live--------------
Notagain-40/8x Slayer Iron Rock-Order <Blacklisted><The Legends>

Ads
Dutchpower

Post#9 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am

So is an AoE slayer supposed to use only AoE attacks? Because you actually have a lot of tools around lvl 35.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 am

Used ID as a single target dot ignore the aoe part. ID is the best back loaded damage slayer has and the main reason their DPS is so high.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-