[Zealot] W O I (winds of insanity) - fix or nerf

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
maggii

[Zealot] W O I (winds of insanity) - fix or nerf

Post#1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey All! I want to politly and humble adress the "fix" on the zealots "W O I".
I hope i am alowed to have a genuine discussion about it with the devs and the other players right? According to Terms of Service I am and I asked a GM before posting.

I am an old Order player, I played order since launch on live and was on my main (AM) until the last hour of the shutdown on norn.
So I hope you can atleast pressume I saw and knew the annoyence with "W O I" at that time too.
Anyways, I would like also to point out that i want the thread to be a compairrision between healing classes were eveyones thoughts are respected.
I answered in an earlier thread speaking of this "fix" which for some reason got deleted entirely.

So IMO, the so called fix of "W O I" was uneccesary! So what it ignored CC Immuntitys, it was one of the very few things a zealot had special and also for survivability and in robe. You even have to spec in mastery for it high in the tree.
I played AM (and mirror) for almost 5 years, the survivability on it was really good, due to aoe snares, absorbs st detaunt, aoe detaunt and more also in robe. Now you can even do the healing energy when u move D:
WP/Dok has a fast group heal, a fast single target heal that doesnt cost soul essence /Righteus fury. And you can spec in mastery tree AOE detaunt, AOE clense and with medium robe.

So what do you all think about this fix it is a good "fix" ?

(I hope i dont get banned for wanting to have this discussion) I was on live I was maggi (sm), dizza(am) maggie (wl) through all the servers.
Last edited by maggii on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Isak Malek R.i.P [2003-2013]

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Re: Zealot W O I - fix or nerf

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Go into your abilities tab and look for something called 'Embrace the Warp'.

TenTonHammer

Re: Zealot W O I (winds of insanity) - fix or nerf

Post#3 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Also the stagger in alchemy is nothing to laugh at either

Having said that this is another case of "make it like live" *cough* 10s crimson death *cough*

Under a cordinated grp this isn't that big of an issue but in pugs with kb happy Bo's and magus's.....

Having said that now wls with ap drain are a bloody pain

Azarael

Post#4 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Whichever GM told you that it was OK to open this thread is in error.

Our policy regarding fixes which bring a skill in line with its live Warhammer implementation is simple: we will not revert a legitimate fix in response to complaints, ever. Any proposition to change a skill from its implementation in the original Warhammer must pass as a balance change. Therefore, there is nothing to discuss here. It was like that on live, and until we start doing further balance changes, it will be like this on RoR.

I'm leaving this topic open, but understand what I have said. No amount of complaining or arguing with me will change the facts that I have laid out here. If you wish to discuss whether or not Wind of Insanity was balanced on live, then be my guest - but be sure to keep in mind that you are discussing a balance change when you do so and that all fixes made will remain pro tem.

maggii

Post#5 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Sorry I was wrong. The fix of W O I doesn't effect the class^^
I have fallen in love with the class :) Its my new (d)arch mage. The order AM is so buffed and broken its not fun. However to find a new class with other mech, to learn and tweak it, to be the underdog again feels awesome. And you are so right, "live" is no more and RoR is something else entirely. The game is so fun to play regardless, thx for resurrecting it.
Last edited by maggii on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThePollie
Banned

Post#6 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:21 pm

maggii wrote:I have fallen in love with the class :) Its my new (d)arch mage. The order AM is so buffed and broken its not fun. However to find a new class with other mech, to learn and tweak it, to be the underdog again feels awesome. And you are so right, "live" is no more and RoR is something else entirely. The game is so fun to play regardless, thx for resurrecting it.

Give melee Warrior priest a try.

maggii

Post#7 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:23 pm

been there done that^^

Luranni

Post#8 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:43 pm

ThePollie wrote:
maggii wrote:I have fallen in love with the class :) Its my new (d)arch mage. The order AM is so buffed and broken its not fun. However to find a new class with other mech, to learn and tweak it, to be the underdog again feels awesome. And you are so right, "live" is no more and RoR is something else entirely. The game is so fun to play regardless, thx for resurrecting it.

Give melee Warrior priest a try.
Nooo, he's not allowed to Order Scum ever again! :P

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:58 pm

What was changed?

WOI gave no immunity but had no effect, when the target had immunities.
Dying is no option.

Luranni

Post#10 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Sulorie wrote:What was changed?

WOI gave no immunity but had no effect, when the target had immunities.
Aye that's the final live nerf, so it is now working in RoR as it was at the end of live (tested).

Random Aside: It started out that you could move with Winds up and it gave and respected 0 immunities, which was really crazy - like a chaos bowling ball.