No
23%
Maybe depends on how long
9%
Total votes: 150

nugster

X-realm Timer

Post#1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Please please please add a x-realming timer. X-realming it is literally killing this game.

One moment there is no AAO and destro is attacking mandreds keep with a good order defence (no problems so far) and then 1 wipe and all of a sudden 2 moments later there is 400% AAO (with still the same number of players online so its obvious people just swapped sides). even if its just 30 minutes, hell even 15 minutes just to stop people jumping on the winning band wagon or to get more rp's from a defence.

I added a poll so please vote, also please comment with any opinions and how long you would like the timer to be and ofcourse your views if you don't want a timer at all.

Thanks.

Ads
mindmelt
Banned

Re: X-realm Timer

Post#2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:01 am

xrealm is more toxic than my feet after a long week!

Penril

Post#3 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:06 am

Oh look, it's time for this thread again...

nugster

Post#4 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 am

Penril wrote:Oh look, it's time for this thread again...
I appreciate your opinion but please atleast explain why

Shadowgurke

Post#5 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 am

What actually happened: Destro wiped around 5 or 6 times. Destro went Shadowlands to capture the empty keep there, while Order stayed in Empire and got the now only marginally defended keep.

Or, you know, evil bad crossrealmers ruined everything. Your choice

nugster

Post#6 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:13 am

Shadowgurke wrote:What actually happened: Destro wiped around 5 or 6 times. Destro went Shadowlands to capture the empty keep there, while Order stayed in Empire and got the now only marginally defended keep.

Or, you know, evil bad crossrealmers ruined everything. Your choice
A plausible theory, but there was atleast 50% more people attacking stonetroll while they finally got around to it than there was defending mandreds, also there was only a small group of destro in shadowslands from what i hear (i was defending Stonetroll so i could be wrong).

Again, if you are against the timer please tell me why.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:21 am

nugster wrote:
Here.

1. Making an account is free.
2. Thus, having one destro and one order account is also free.
3. Instead of taking 5 seconds to switch characters, it now takes 10 to restart the client and log into your second account

Congratulations, you've fixed nothing.

What sincerely baffles me is that every two weeks someone thinks that we have never thought of doing this before, that we have never discussed it, or that we don't care about our game. I mean, at least it's only every two weeks now, instead of twice every week.

When we get the ability to have some legitimate control over this, we will address it. That requires control over the client and/or launcher that we do not have yet. Nobody here is against the timer, it's just impossible to enforce at this time.
Last edited by Genisaurus on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowgurke

Post#8 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:22 am

nugster wrote:
Again, if you are against the timer please tell me why.

We've had this discussion a thousand times already. Let me play it through for you.

OP: We need a timer because crossrealmers

P1: But then people just make two accounts for both realms and logg other accounts

OP: Then we just ban accounts with the same IP

P2: But I play with my wife/husband/kid in the same household, I don't want to get banned

P3: How about we reward people with more RP for sticking to the same realm?

P1: That offsets the RP distribution balance completely and probably requires to rework RP gain to compensate.

That is the furthest we have come so far afaik. I think the devs could track how much actual crossrealming is going on and once we have real numbers we can discuss whether this is a problem or not.

Ads
nugster

Post#9 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:33 am

Genisaurus wrote:
nugster wrote:
Here.

1. Making an account is free.
2. Thus, having one destro and one order account is also free.
3. Instead of taking 5 seconds to switch characters, it now takes 10 to restart the client and log into your second account

Congratulations, you've fixed nothing.

What sincerely baffles me is that every two weeks someone thinks that we have never thought of doing this before, that we have never discussed it, or that we don't care about our game. I mean, at least it's only every two weeks now, instead of twice every week.

When we get the ability to have some legitimate control over this, we will address it. That requires control over the client and/or launcher that we do not have yet. Nobody here is against the timer, it's just impossible to enforce at this time.
Well thank you for explaining. To be honest i didn't think about having multiple accounts to avoid such timers etc because to be that's just sad. I didn't realise that it was a case of not being able to enforce it rather people actually wanting to just PvDoor all day (perhaps this is want some people want).

i didn't mean to insult anyone or to say the GM's / Developers don't care about RoR because all you have to do is look at the time and effort they put into it and for this i would like to thank you. I was just trying to understand why the state of gameplay is as it is (mostly PvDoor or switch sides if you losing) But i understand now :D

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#10 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 am

I think this is a brilliant idea and I can't believe nobody has ever suggested this before.