Recent Topics

Ads

DoK - Torture Spec :)

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
freshour
Banned

DoK - Torture Spec :)

Post#1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:36 am

Okay, so now that I have my WP with both sets and nearly max talis with the best gear I could possibly get w/out dropping thousands of gold for a few % better stats.... I am playing a DoK most of the time. I will never be a backline healer as it I nearly scratched my eyes out doing that on my WP, and I want to now give the other melee DoK path a try.

So.... from some of the best DoK's I have found. Replies have been

"Torture blows dude..."
"B/c it is ****"
"Ummmm b/c Sac is the SAC!!!"..."bro"

But if you look at the trees I mean.... Torture does do more DPS other than Sac's AOE which lets be honest, compared to Crapmar's Shield.. Devour Essence is unreal good lol.. Like holy balls when you get best in slot gear and good weps.. Sac brings some PAIN!!!!!

But okay, Sac is good, blah blah blah... I know some people run Torture. Please post your Builds. And what hybrid versions you run if any? I know 40 is coming soon, but I want to get an idea of some 35 builds to run as I have a pretty good team to play with NA evenings now.

So...

1. Links with Tort specs (yes sac is better, let it gooooo)
2. Links to 40 specs
3. Tali slots
4. Renown (Resolute defenses anyone?)
5. Other comments/playstyle tips.

GO!

Ads
Vayra

Re: DoK - Torture Spec :)

Post#2 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:24 am

Torture is/was imo much better once you get to 40/40+ as you get access to more of the stuff you need to do real DPS with the extra points and tactic slot. Don't have my old builds on hand, unfortunately.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:39 am

sad face.. :(

snowfox1

Post#4 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:07 pm

I'll look up my old build, I know they are rebalancing the game so not sure how much of what we knew on live will really apply here. Back on live Tort greatly out dps'd Sac.

I know lots of folks will disagree, however, on live the testing and data backed it all up.

I think the big thing here is perception, are you a melee healer or dps. It's hard to believe even with only T3 up that any dual wield DoK who says they are dps is in the Sac tree. To really get some burst you have to go the Torture tree. Once you get CoK as a talent and the WA ability as a finisher everyone starts to drop to you (well except SnB, they have always been a prob).