Recent Topics

Ads

Why Do You Play Shaman?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tevez

Why Do You Play Shaman?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:35 am

Hey there guys,

I started this thread as a n00b looking for advice on Shamans. Mainly what draws people to this class (aside from the obvious, being a crazed spell slinging gobbo hopped up on shrooms) and how they prefer to play them, such as dps or heals.

What do you believe are their strengths and their weaknesses and why do you like the class as a whole?
Why did you pick Shaman over Zealot or DoK?

Hopefully this thread gets some positive feedback and constructive criticism to the class.

Thanking you in advance.

Ads
Jaycub

Re: Why Do You Play Shaman?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:44 am

Shamans a cute
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

magter3001

Post#3 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:54 am

For that phat deeps clearly... or just the annoying aspect of the class.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

footpatrol2

Post#4 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:43 pm

For the gurls

zabis

Post#5 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:49 pm

For the hate I receive when I play dps :D
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Lileldys

Post#6 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Tevez wrote:Hey there guys,

I started this thread as a n00b looking for advice on Shamans. Mainly what draws people to this class (aside from the obvious, being a crazed spell slinging gobbo hopped up on shrooms) and how they prefer to play them, such as dps or heals.

What do you believe are their strengths and their weaknesses and why do you like the class as a whole?
Why did you pick Shaman over Zealot or DoK?

Hopefully this thread gets some positive feedback and constructive criticism to the class.

Thanking you in advance.

Healing wise:
Shamans are famous for their ability to kite. They're a strong kiting healer, but lacks good AP management. You have to rely on your AP drain, which can net you loads of AP, or just waste your own as its expensive to cast.

You'd take shaman just for the kiting ability tho. Good if you play in RDPS setup(1T/1MDPS/2RDPS/2HEAL) so the tank won't have to chase after you, and others with 60% snare pool.

Although I don't like to compare mirrors, Archmage gets 50% AP reduction in costs on healing spells, something i'd like to see put on shamans. It's nice that the devs made Gork'll Fix It castable when moving, but the AP cost is horrendous. It's very usable on AM, but shamans can suffer.

Tevez

Post#7 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Good info Lileldys,

Glad to see people chiming in with their thoughts

Shadowgurke

Post#8 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Lileldys wrote: They're a strong kiting healer, but lacks good AP management. You have to rely on your AP drain, which can net you loads of AP, or just waste your own as its expensive to cast
Zealots have the same AP costs but they don't have the AP drain option at all and they do just fine

Ads
Nameless

Post#9 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:54 pm

but they have flash that proc tons of stuff including resto burst to regen AP for very low AP cost...

shamans however to regain AP on move beside the AP leech need to cast gork'll fix it which cost 55ap, pray to crit and gain 40 ap over time...
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Shadowgurke

Post#10 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Nameless wrote: shamans however to regain AP on move beside the AP leech need to cast gork'll fix it which cost 55ap, pray to crit and gain 40 ap over time...
Or, you know, don't cast for a sec like every other class in the game. Get AP jewelry and you're fine. Don't AP drain Healers or Tanks. Pets are especially good.