Recent Topics

Ads

Emblems & Metals

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
gaymer77

Emblems & Metals

Post#1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:13 pm

The drop rate on these items are miserably low along with your tier pieces. I remember on live these things dropped like mad but on this server they hardly ever seem to drop.

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Emblems & Metals

Post#2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Because getting all the gear in like 1hour of ORvR or SCs would be boring.

noisestorm

Post#3 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:39 pm

deal with it, or don't. whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

freshour
Banned

Post#4 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:01 pm

I agree the rate really isn't that bad. Most people who will tell you that run in smaller RvR groups. I play for an hour or so with a few hundred % AAO with a sorc by my side and get a shwack load of RR and medals on multiple toons. If one was to only do big RvR and turn in WAR quests, it would take a LOOOOOOONG time lol.

I feel your pain man, it would make sense for the rate to be related to # of players in WB and so on. But I'm sure that would take a little extra time that could be spent on content development and polishing up T4.

But having played for a while, I don't think very many would disagree the full WB drop rate is kinda rough. Sure it looks like a lot, but after a few hours you'll have maybe 4-5 medallions after a TON of kills lol. My advice, get a smaller group, get your medallions, then play in the larger groups.

I'm sorry that a lot of people here go with the L2P response, even some moderators lol. But being someone who was told that by quite a few douchers on here, rest assured there are a lot of good staff here and tons of good players that will help you out. Try and get 3-4 people to pick off stragglers and you'll be shocked by the # you get. And do as I do and ignore as many L2P people that you can lol.

WAR on!

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Thank you, someone with not a single character out of T1, the highest being a r10 rr10 kotbs with both decimator pieces, for your opinion.

gaymer77

Post#6 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I was just commenting on how it is in T1 and yes I have 1 toon that is 10/10 because I've been in the process of moving and only started playing a few days before the move. Its just something I've noticed in T1 that the drop rate on tier pieces is virtually non-existant (saw 1 the entire time I was leveling my knight and it wasn't my piece either) and the drop rate on metals is low AND emblems which are needed in higher amounts is abysmal. This is especially true when you have 1-2 warbands competing for kills like I've seen in peak time. On live you used to get emblems and metals when the zone would flip but this server it doesn't happen. I would love to see that happen too.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:00 pm

You do get medallions for t1 zone locks.

Druin
Former Staff

Post#8 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:05 pm

I leveled three toons through T1 and most of T2 recently and always had tons of medallions and emblems left to convert to the higher currency.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#9 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Ah I feel kinda dumb now I thought this guy was talking about T3. But I guess that is what I get for trying to read forum posts w/out my glasses and or a solid amount of sleep. But ever since the drop in prices for T1/T2 I've probably only made 5-6 alts into T3 and I do agree that if you really only leveled half way in each tier through pvp granted you didn't have a ton of AAO or really any you could easily get the SC set, and probably almost get the RvR set.

Sometimes you just aren't very lucky and other times you get crazy lucky. I think I had a guy do nearly the entire empire T3 rewards and he had less than 20 medallions lol. But others have had way more. Again, sorry for the confusion I thought this was a T3 talk.

Jaycub

Post#10 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Medallions are suppose to be a supplemental way to get gear.

Starting with T2 each zone has keeps which drop PQ chest with level appropriate set gear, up to t4 where it ends with annihilator and progresses to conquer via fortress loot. City sieges has 3 stages each with a set of gear from invader to sov.

T1 is the only place where this isn't true, I actually don't even remember how you got T1 set gear when medals weren't in the game.

So in a way you are right OP, if we had to get gear only via medals it would be pretty slow and arduous but that is not the case.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>