[Sorcerer] What should is choose?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

[Sorcerer] What should is choose?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Hello buddies

I am level 11 and must picka path for my sorc. so far im interested in the aoe one but i se 80 ft range and 3 second cast on the skills...

i see the DOT path (middle one) and is awesome in theory... while in practice got 2 main backdraws: my detaunt is useless because dot thick removes it and NO ONE can ever die in this game for DOT damage unless afk or got a brain damage...

The last pat that looks decent is the left one (direct damage) because at least i can try focus with another caster one target and hope he die faster than he gets healed./

so in theory my spec would be something like this

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... 9:;0:0:0:0:

thanks in avance for the tips! and concerning renown points? where should i toss em?

Ads
Gachimuchi

Re: [Sorcerer] What should is choose?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:21 pm

There's really one one spec for ST burst. You can vary it up a bit and take whatever else you like but to do it proper you need three things: Vision of Domination tactic, Shadow of Disaster tactic, and Impending Doom. Hand of Ruin is another good chunk of instant damage burst you can lay down but not absolutely necessary.

So basically this: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

You can do whatever else you want from here basically but Absorb vitality is probably the most useful thing you could pick up. The Swell of Gloom tactic sounds amazing but the extra damage it deals isn't just added to the damage of GB, its counted as a separate instance of damage and cannot crit. Shades of death damage is poor. Echo of power hits like a wet noodle. Situationally useful against someone with 100% avoidance/high avoidance that is a sneeze away from death.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

neokingdom

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:28 am

Dot damage does not break your deatunt, I thought this for the longest time as well. Damage doesnt break the detaunt, it's you attacking them.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:38 am

neokingdom wrote:Dot damage does not break your deatunt, I thought this for the longest time as well. Damage doesnt break the detaunt, it's you attacking them.
Keep that in mind. Many ppl think that dot dmg break detaunt. Thats wrong. You can dot someone , after that detaunt and the dot Ticks wont break it
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

neokingdom

Post#5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 am

Daknallbomb wrote:
neokingdom wrote:Dot damage does not break your deatunt, I thought this for the longest time as well. Damage doesnt break the detaunt, it's you attacking them.
Keep that in mind. Many ppl think that dot dmg break detaunt. Thats wrong. You can dot someone , after that detaunt and the dot Ticks wont break it
Yeah, ive been taking full advantage of this lately. Loading up a target with my dots, then detaunting while trying to kite, (Still so hard on a sorc) Then attack them with gloom and the rest of the rotation when WoP is about to hit. Honestly helps so much. Detaunt should be used as much s you possibly can.

neokingdom

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 am

Asherdoom wrote:Hello buddies

I am level 11 and must picka path for my sorc. so far im interested in the aoe one but i se 80 ft range and 3 second cast on the skills...

i see the DOT path (middle one) and is awesome in theory... while in practice got 2 main backdraws: my detaunt is useless because dot thick removes it and NO ONE can ever die in this game for DOT damage unless afk or got a brain damage...

The last pat that looks decent is the left one (direct damage) because at least i can try focus with another caster one target and hope he die faster than he gets healed./

so in theory my spec would be something like this

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... 9:;0:0:0:0:

thanks in avance for the tips! and concerning renown points? where should i toss em?
Just realized i forgot to address the rest of your post:P So this is the build I'm currently running with http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;0:0:0:0: The tactics used are 160 int, the 2 I selected in the middle tree, and frozen fury.
I was using this before http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;0:0:0:0: which is the cookie cutter build most people use.

The difference between the two is the use of swell of gloom (makes gloomburst hit twice) and frozen fury (increases the proc chance of frozen touch to 75% from 25%).

Swell of Gloom sounds awesome but it can't match the damage output you can do with frozen fury. It makes it so that most of your damaging abilities hit for an extra about 100-200 dmg depending on your opponents resists. That adds up alot my friend, especially when dot ticks also have a chance to proc that damage. In addition, with the build im running all your dots hit a bit harder, including the glorious WoP. I've also heard, but can't confirm myself, that swell of gloom's second hit doesn't crit. Which makes it pretty disappointing.

Now talking about your build. There are a few problems with it. First of all Shades of Death is worthless. It takes a global cd to cast it, and only is capable of hitting your target 5 times, from direct damage. Utterly useless. If it was a toggled ability itd be great... (funneled power *cough cough*) With your build you also miss out on HoR (Hand of Ruin) and the shadow of disaster tactic, which turns your chillwind into a crucial spirit resist debuff. All your best abilities deal spirit damage, so this is a must. You can think of HoR as another instant ability due to the fact that the first tick of dmg hits instantly and you can cast it on the move. It breaks when you move, but you'll get that first tick off.

Hope this has helped, it's 3am right now and I'm passing out so I hope I havent rambled on too much and I make sense.
If you ever have any sorc questions and see me in game don't hesitate to ask. Name is Neokzin currently 40/41 but grinding hard to get higher.

merkin

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:13 pm

level 11 and must picka path for my sorc
a: dot tree for your current rank, also that is the thing about the
sorc, it's more of a mid range nuke compared to the bright wizard which
is more long range.

im interested in the aoe
a: don't touch the aoe tree unless you have a good team aka bomb spec

i see the DOT path (middle one) and is awesome in theory
a: your theory is correct.. to some extent pick the right two tactics
and the one ability, and your opponents will respect you

my detaunt is useless
a: bullshit it works and use it, the hardest part is knowing
when to use it

The last pat that looks decent
a: decent? it's amazing.. especially with your dot tree

Best way to learn is queue up for sceanrios solo, with teams, and
everything in between. Build up that reaction time and don't be
afraid to ask questions.

edit:

step 1 spec at your rank : http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;;0:0:0:0:
step 2 spec: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;;0:0:0:0:
step 3 sepc: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;;0:0:0:0:
step 4 spec http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

what you do after that is up to you man.

neokingdom

Post#8 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 pm

merkin wrote:that is the thing about the
sorc, it's more of a mid range nuke compared to the bright wizard which
is more long range.
Am I missing something? All sorc and bw abilities have the same range.

Ads
Lolfatalstorm

Post#9 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 am

neokingdom wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:
The difference between the two is the use of swell of gloom (makes gloomburst hit twice) and frozen fury (increases the proc chance of frozen touch to 75% from 25%).

Swell of Gloom sounds awesome but it can't match the damage output you can do with frozen fury. It makes it so that most of your damaging abilities hit for an extra about 100-200 dmg depending on your opponents resists. That adds up alot my friend, especially when dot ticks also have a chance to proc that damage. In addition, with the build im running all your dots hit a bit harder, including the glorious WoP. I've also heard, but can't confirm myself, that swell of gloom's second hit doesn't crit. Which makes it pretty disappointing.
Dot ticks don't proc frozen touch, also it's corporeal damage,on the other hand Swell of Gloom is spirit damage.
Proc never crit, well they did when max level was 26/40rr but it got fixed. (will miss you forever not mitigable Piercing Shadow crit <3)

neokingdom

Post#10 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:11 am

Lolfatalstorm wrote:
neokingdom wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:

Dot ticks don't proc frozen touch, also it's corporeal damage,on the other hand Swell of Gloom is spirit damage.
Proc never crit, well they did when max level was 26/40rr but it got fixed. (will miss you forever not mitigable Piercing Shadow crit <3)
Damn, just reread frozen touch you're right.