Malekith's Bulwark

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deadpoet

Malekith's Bulwark

Post#1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi there,
malekith's bulwark tactic says that magical damage is reduced to 75%. My question is:

Is "magical damage" used to mean everything that's labelled "corporeal", "spirit" and "elemental" no matter where it comes from?
or are those types of damage excluded from the reduction when not affected by intelligence (not magically "cast" so to speak), e.g: corporeal damge from engies incendiary rounds, spirit damage from WH's bullets or SMs etehr dance or Dazzling strike, etc..?

Thanks in advance.

Ads
Jaycub

Re: Malekith's Bulwark

Post#2 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:56 pm

I found this

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/1430

"Affirm, RoR implementation does not use a magical flag on damage - anything that scales with Intelligence is considered magic. Otherwise you'd have the strange situation in which attacks that are not magic but use a non-physical damagetype (Ravage, Festering and Poison Arrer, Engineers, etc) are punished as both physical and magical attacks." - Az

Regardless tho, I don't think this tactic is ever worth taking unless you are 1v1ing someone with a lot of magic damage, the drawback is just too awful. And after realizing this, it's even worse than I could of imagined seeing as there is really only 1 int caster on order, DPS AM/RP is gonna be extremely rare.

edit: find a quote from Az in that thread which answers your question.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Bozzax

Post#3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Trust me a very good tactic for 2h BGs
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 pm

last time I tested it with Rememberme and Ryan (6months ago, or more), it didn't reduce spirit dmg dealt by SMs (though it doesn't really need too, tbh), but did against DPS AMs. Guess it was only intended to counter magical ranged classes, which makes sense given the BG's anti-caster niche.

Bozzax

Post#5 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Yep no strength or ballistic based attacks still worth it when you lack HTL and block.

Melee DPS you can kite BWs you cant
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Fyoshinite

Post#6 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Regardless tho, I don't think this tactic is ever worth taking unless you are 1v1ing someone with a lot of magic damage, the drawback is just too awful. And after realizing this, it's even worse than I could of imagined seeing as there is really only 1 int caster on order, DPS AM/RP is gonna be extremely rare.
It's little blurbs like this that help put everything into perspective. Thank you for providing your reasoning.

Deadpoet

Post#7 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Tesq

Post#8 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:25 am

only worth use if you dont have access to disrupt tactic and an enemy bw is slotting anti disrupt tactic. Unless these condition go double toughness tactic and play with a chosen.
Better results with out jimp your heals; keep in mind that -15% heals stack with enemy heal debuff so unless you are very very turtle that tactic cut all your heals but lower only 1/3 rdps dmg. This leave you pretty vulnerable to 2/3 rdps , all tanks and all mdps because by most part magic dmg will be done by bw and only few from engi and relativly low dmg will be recived with high toughness against AM. Also your absorb is best use right against rdps classes where you usually you less defense; tricky to learn but don't waste it against melee.

Ads