Double XP/RP Weekends?

Let's talk about... everything else
VonEpic
Suspended

Double XP/RP Weekends?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 am

So, it's alpha, but we don't want it to feel TOO alpha, so we nerf powerleveling, ok, cool. BUT let's say maybe, once or twice a month, we have a weekend where XP/RP is doubled, for those of us who want to start a new character or catch up with a neglected one.

Ya know, just throwing it out there. I'm sure someone's going to have a well formulated rebuttal as to why this is a bad idea, so let's hear 'em.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Double XP/RP Weekends?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 am

VonEpic wrote:So, it's alpha, but we don't want it to feel TOO alpha, so we nerf powerleveling, ok, cool. BUT let's say maybe, once or twice a month, we have a weekend where XP/RP is doubled, for those of us who want to start a new character or catch up with a neglected one.

Ya know, just throwing it out there. I'm sure someone's going to have a well formulated rebuttal as to why this is a bad idea, so let's hear 'em.
Use the search function. We've done this for a weekend before. We've turned down this suggestion before as well. "I want to level another character and you nerfed PL'ing" isn't exactly a compelling reason for us.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

VonEpic
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:27 am

1. I searched "Double XP" and got nothing. Do I need to use boolean operators to get phrases?

b. Awww, c'mon. Would you do it for a scooby snack?!

Manatikik

Post#4 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 am

wargrimnir wrote:
VonEpic wrote:So, it's alpha, but we don't want it to feel TOO alpha, so we nerf powerleveling, ok, cool. BUT let's say maybe, once or twice a month, we have a weekend where XP/RP is doubled, for those of us who want to start a new character or catch up with a neglected one.

Use the search function. We've done this for a weekend before. We've turned down this suggestion before as well. "I want to level another character and you nerfed PL'ing" isn't exactly a compelling reason for us.
Have you guys thought about doing Double XP (or RR) Weekends for large patches/changes? Like when Patcher drops or when dungeons/city sieges come out to try and bring back some old players/make it easier for people to bring in friends. Just a thought I had when looking at this. More as use it as a carrot for people who aren't already hooked :D
<Montague><Capulet>

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am

It is already easy enough to rank up. When you want to bring a friend and want to speed up their levelling process, you can use the time to make a twink to rank up together.
Dying is no option.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 am

Manatikik wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:

Have you guys thought about doing Double XP (or RR) Weekends for large patches/changes? Like when Patcher drops or when dungeons/city sieges come out to try and bring back some old players/make it easier for people to bring in friends. Just a thought I had when looking at this. More as use it as a carrot for people who aren't already hooked :D
Yes we've thought about it. People really don't stop suggesting the same thing over and over if it's going to give them some sort of benefit for very little work. The fact that you haven't seen but one weekend is enough evidence that we did not find it particularly beneficial.

Do we need to hype new content with free xp/rr? Why? You think people aren't going to show up merely because we released the Patcher or a Dungeon? We need to toss an x2 weekend in the mix to seal the deal?

I doubt it. People show up when we hit big development goals. They don't necessarily show up because they can level slightly faster for a weekend.
VonEpic wrote:1. I searched "Double XP" and got nothing. Do I need to use boolean operators to get phrases?

b. Awww, c'mon. Would you do it for a scooby snack?!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21466
Really wasn't that hard to find chief. Had to wade past the last 4 threads of "pls gef drbl wekend".
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Serbiansword

Post#7 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 am

Sulorie wrote:It is already easy enough to rank up. When you want to bring a friend and want to speed up their levelling process, you can use the time to make a twink to rank up together.
Are you talking about leveling or RR leveling? Because while it's easy to lvl up your character, getting RR ranks isn't that easy and fast.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:05 am

Serbiansword wrote:
Sulorie wrote:It is already easy enough to rank up. When you want to bring a friend and want to speed up their levelling process, you can use the time to make a twink to rank up together.
Are you talking about leveling or RR leveling? Because while it's easy to lvl up your character, getting RR ranks isn't that easy and fast.
Join sc, when not having a good rvr wb or grp. Without xp farming you should be rr40 by the time you make rank 35 to equip full anni or merc set.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Serbiansword

Post#9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 am

Sulorie wrote:
Serbiansword wrote:
Join sc, when not having a good rvr wb or grp. Without xp farming you should be rr40 by the time you make rank 35 to equip full anni or merc set.
Getting to RR40 is easy, but I'm talking about past RR50. That's the spot where things slow down a little bit :D

kmark101

Post#10 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am

Let me add my 2 cents as someone who just recently found this server. I used to play on the original game years ago but generally forgot everything, so the game was a bit familiar.

I'm playing on Order side, so Destro might be a different experience, but this is so far:

- Levelling/xp'ing up until lvl 30 is fine. The t3 bracket is dry in scenarios (maybe a few pops a day, at EU prime time), so it's not an option, have to grind it through in pve.

- Problems start as you get into t4 as a fresh lvl 31. Scenarios pop, but you lose most of them. As 9/10 times you lose, getting tiny xp or renown. As a fresh noob char, you are a liability to your team, you are hitting worse than a wet noodle and the opponent usually just destroys you. Especially sorcs, it's very usual that they one shot me (playing IB). Well technically not 1 spell-shot, but they do 7k+ damage in a second, without a chance to do anything. I'm fine with that I have to endure this period, but not for too long (situation did not change with the rr29 gear that is available).

- Questing and grinding is an option, but extremely slow, especially after lvl 34. I have a feeling that quest xp was not tuned to this server environment.

- Orvr is fun and thats what everyone is gearing up for, but again, as a lvl 30ish you cant do anything, you are insta destroyed by everyone everywhere. Rolling with the zerg is an option, but then again, your xp bar barely moves. Exception if you lock a zone, but that happens at most 1-2 times a day in a humanly possible gaming session.

So here you are, fresh lvl 30ish character without much option but to grind pve mobs for days just to reach lvl 40 to close the competition gap a little bit. Not talking about renown or gear, I think ppl should work for those (as I do), but at least ONE aspect of the levelling should be easier, and that is the general xp gain, so at least characters (without gear) should be on an equal starting point a bit faster.

Please consider your decisions from this point of view, as it does not have an effect on the existing playerbase, other than helping new and fresh blood get into the grand war.

(By the way, I see many new players like myself, somehow RoR started to pop up in searches that there weren't before, that's also how I found it. I believe Total War's current Warhammer 2 campaign might have an effect on this.)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker