Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: organized warband

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tom

Re: What would it take: organized warband

Post#71 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:51 pm

I rarely ever type in forums but it is an important question so adding a comment.

I play actively but havent played in any wb for 6+ months but used to play in guild/alliance wb or guild group most of the time when online. The guild disintegrated for various reasons and with that also the alliance.

What would it take to enjoy joining other wbs? Removing the zone ranking system that sees entire wbs sitting passively on a flag until one realm drops a ram. Why would I log onto ROR to sit passively at a flag in the midst of 23 others for x minutes? I am of the possibly heretic view that supply runs would bring more life and flow into the zones and see wbs go beyond holding flags. It would also open for a wider range of playstyles. At that point, I would consider joining random wbs.

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#72 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 pm

I realize this is a old post that I'm just now reading. However I quit Warband Play almost a year ago when I left CNTK and decided to play solo. The reasons for my choice to change playstyle in what should be a big reason to play an MMORPG was zergs. It was no longer fun to just mash 24/48+ vs 24/48 people in a huge circle jerk for 3-4 hrs just honestly farming each other to see what side could hit 100+ kills for their respective RDPS that day. mowing down afk people on flags with 24 people also not fun. On top of that waiting for people to get back from breaks every 2 min, always worried about best comp just made it no longer fun, felt like a job, not a game to unwind. The game type of disrupting reinforcements, cutting off lines, attacking unsuspecting people and challenging myself to fight people and all classes 1v1 when I could became much more fun for me. Does my answer help or answer your question, doubtful but that is mostly the reasons I quit Warband play and havent gone back still to this day.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Valarion

Post#73 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:22 pm I still think that cosmetic warband leader reward as some kinda of Tome unlock would would be a thing that would get more people to actually form warbands. And more people leading warbands more people would join imo. It would make the people putting in the time leading stand out in the crowd and look a bit more like "special characters" which is a good thing imo.

Example:
- 10 000 kills leading a warband of atleast 12 players.
- Capture 100 keeps leading a warband of atleast 12 players
- Capture 500 BO's leading atleast 12 players
- Sucessfully Defending a captured BO 100 times while under the effect of AAO while leading atleast 12 players.
You can call the title "Herder of Cats" or "Pug Commando"
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

wonshot

Post#74 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm

What incentive does a solo player have to get more organized with the curret system though.
If we break it down and take the typical un-grouped semi afk player standing on a BO flag as example, what would be required for him to focus more on the game and less on his Netflix:

- Knowing what will boost contribution (since some are progression driven and want to get better rewards)
- Killing mattering (if he can die freely feeding RP and resources without it having just the slightest disadvantage why bother)
- He might see those filthy pug warbands or organized warbands on voicecom, but he is making good rp for taking a keep and locking the zone, why should he pause his Simpson marathon and listen to someone giving comands and telling him to focus.
- Whats the point in getting more organized, the bigger zerg pretty much always wins so why bother becoming a premade guild and just get zerged down there are hardly any guilds to fight anyways
- As far as he can see, the RR is coming in nicely from standing on a BO, show up for killing the lord, and lock the zone. Why put in more effort in improving and getting more organized when everything is getting spoonfed to him?

Shoutout to the PUGwarband leaders who run daily, try to wake the BO zombies up and create action. Unfortuneatly there is no Realmpride to be had with no realmswitch timers, no guild pride because of no competition or benefits from being part of a succesful guild, and no rewards really "worth" it to step up the game and put in effort apart from the bar minimum

Order EU:
Erihorn
Diezix
Tumba

Destro EU:
Orcara
Anja (?)
Cerathul
Onemantankwall

Evasoul prolly belongs on the list but forming a warband to just stand afk on nearest BO to warcamp is pretty much the same as a solo zombie can muster, but then again why wouldnt she. The game doesnt reward anything for fighting as a warband.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Telen
Suspended

Post#75 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 pm

To get me to join a big alliance, respec to support that style, install comms and pretty much do what I did for about two years on live when I was online and in comms almost everynight in one of the servers main alliances. A time machine? For me being at college with tons of free time and feeling like every moment counts are over. Just want to pug some scs join a party when a few are on in guild and generally just chill. Getting a party together now goes more like 'shall we do something?' when on live it was like 6pm lotd tomb run 8pm dirty dozen 9pm alliance wb.

oaliaen

Post#76 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:46 pm

buff the right aoe classes like Choppa and WL.

Foomy44

Post#77 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:36 pm

For me personally the main thing that gets me motivated to run around with a zerg and tryhard in an AoE spec is having a WB leader I respect that makes the process fun.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Onemantankwall

Post#78 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm What incentive does a solo player have to get more organized with the curret system though.
If we break it down and take the typical un-grouped semi afk player standing on a BO flag as example, what would be required for him to focus more on the game and less on his Netflix:

- Knowing what will boost contribution (since some are progression driven and want to get better rewards)
- Killing mattering (if he can die freely feeding RP and resources without it having just the slightest disadvantage why bother)
- He might see those filthy pug warbands or organized warbands on voicecom, but he is making good rp for taking a keep and locking the zone, why should he pause his Simpson marathon and listen to someone giving comands and telling him to focus.
- Whats the point in getting more organized, the bigger zerg pretty much always wins so why bother becoming a premade guild and just get zerged down there are hardly any guilds to fight anyways
- As far as he can see, the RR is coming in nicely from standing on a BO, show up for killing the lord, and lock the zone. Why put in more effort in improving and getting more organized when everything is getting spoonfed to him?

Shoutout to the PUGwarband leaders who run daily, try to wake the BO zombies up and create action. Unfortuneatly there is no Realmpride to be had with no realmswitch timers, no guild pride because of no competition or benefits from being part of a succesful guild, and no rewards really "worth" it to step up the game and put in effort apart from the bar minimum

Order EU:
Erihorn
Diezix
Tumba

Destro EU:
Orcara
Anja (?)
Cerathul
Onemantankwall

Evasoul prolly belongs on the list but forming a warband to just stand afk on nearest BO to warcamp is pretty much the same as a solo zombie can muster, but then again why wouldnt she. The game doesnt reward anything for fighting as a warband.
I work 7 12s shift work and only get a few hours a day to play, most of that time im either solo or i can always count on elvasoul to have a pug pick up wb, most days i just sit back and ride the zerg because i dont have time to see a zone till its end. Now yes i get 5 straight days off and try hard to make up for my work schedule but elva deserves to be recognized for pug rangling way more than i do, 9/10 times shes picking up my slack due ro work/sleep there should be no wb lead shaming when theres so few dedicated to do it also remember everyone runs differently example: im impatient if im not shield deep in order i get bored easy and thus thats how i run my wbs, everyones different and theres nothing wrong with tha

Ps: you dont know how hard it is to join a wb when ur a regonized lead too many times to count i get forced into it AS SOON as i join a random wb. I appreciate the others who take up the crown so i can just sit back and meat shield every once in a while i know it may not look it but spamming chat to herd the wb cattle does get tiresome sonetimes and a break is needed
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#79 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm
Let me address some of the points here.

- The list of what gives contribution is given, just not how much they each give (and we will never release that or people will inevitably game the system).
- Killing does matter, not only does it give you direct rewards (rr, tokens) but its on the list of contribution gains.
- Grouping up on voice can vastly increase your chances and in some cases make you win over larger groups, ofc you should never expect to win over foes that vastly outnumbers you.
- BO ticks have been set to not tick if too many are on the same flag and thus invalidating that gain. Its not totally out of the question to remove the BO ticks entirely or lower the rr gain should the situation grow worse with people AFK on BOs.

chiladan

Post#80 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm What incentive does a solo player have to get more organized with the curret system though.

Order EU:
Erihorn
Diezix
Tumba

Destro EU:
Orcara
Anja (?)
Cerathul
Onemantankwall

Ocara requires Discord+specific spec, hugs wc for hours and insults everyone who doesnt do what he wants.
Anja never leads.
Cerathul runs into every Bomb Wb heads on without thinking of flanking, refuses to communicate with others, insults and blames others for his faults.
P+P in general are 40/40+, discord required.
Oneman is a great leader.

Neither P+P, nor Ocara are PUG WBs btw. And Cerathul is planning on doing premade only WBs aswell.

I don't know where you get your infos about Elva, but clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. She roams, takes BO's, clears off order, helps other WBs, flips zones etc etc, and still gets **** from people like you. Grow a pair and give honor where honor is due.

And now for PUG WB leaders on destro. That would be:

Elvasoul
Horsegirl
Onemantankwall
Tenthgate
Kabu
Grufrip
(Cerathul)

And even some of those don't really do it anymore, cuz people don't give them credit and just blame them for the preamde's faults.