Recent Topics

Ads

Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
zulnam

Re: Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

Post#21 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Many would argue that the whole medallion system needs improvements. It's not an easy choice to fine tune however, since spoon feeding meds and letting everyone get the best gear is not the solution.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
nat3s

Post#22 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 pm

One of the other faults with the system... I'd say you could farm Sov 4-5 times over before getting a full Invader set...

Everyone can queue for city sieges to get emblems, only 250 ish can get into a Fort out of up to 3500 online. Compound that with perhaps the average player playing for 2 hours/day so perhaps sees a fort once a week... i think it could take well over a year to get full Invader nowadays with the high pop.

We either need the pop to return back to 800ish (if only), forts to allow more people, invader to cost less or maybe increase the cost of Sov but allow sov medallions to be used to downscale to invader.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Jildaz

Post#23 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Just increase the Invader set cost and lets drop invader medallions in Orvr by killing rr70+ already !
Fort is just a flag race, ppl dont even care about killing each other anymore..
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

M0rw47h

Post#24 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:29 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 pm One of the other faults with the system... I'd say you could farm Sov 4-5 times over before getting a full Invader set...

Everyone can queue for city sieges to get emblems, only 250 ish can get into a Fort out of up to 3500 online. Compound that with perhaps the average player playing for 2 hours/day so perhaps sees a fort once a week... i think it could take well over a year to get full Invader nowadays with the high pop.

We either need the pop to return back to 800ish (if only), forts to allow more people, invader to cost less or maybe increase the cost of Sov but allow sov medallions to be used to downscale to invader.
I disagree for two major reasons.
First and foremost, forts are part of campaigns and to get into one via reservation you have to CONTRIBUTE for your REALM. You won't do that by xrealming last minute, afking at BOs, ganking lowbies, or doing other irrevelant thing for your REALM - yes, it's RvR game. Leeching isn't needed. Second reason, it's content our dear devs were working on for a long time and tunning it. You shouldn't be able to skip it, as it's part of RvR campaign. For same reason Ch22 is still alive as BWs have their pre-city BIS gear there.

Man, I never thought I will "defend" forts on forums...
I'd rather suggest making WL/Sov gear equalivent obtainable as reward SC ranked play. Probably WL for solo que, Sov for premade que. Obviously as weekly tokens, so none could farm that too fast.

nat3s

Post#25 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:29 pm
nat3s wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 pm One of the other faults with the system... I'd say you could farm Sov 4-5 times over before getting a full Invader set...

I disagree for two major reasons.
First and foremost, forts are part of campaigns and to get into one via reservation you have to CONTRIBUTE for your REALM. You won't do that by xrealming last minute, afking at BOs, ganking lowbies, or doing other irrevelant thing for your REALM - yes, it's RvR game. Leeching isn't needed. Second reason, it's content our dear devs were working on for a long time and tunning it. You shouldn't be able to skip it, as it's part of RvR campaign. For same reason Ch22 is still alive as BWs have their pre-city BIS gear there.

Man, I never thought I will "defend" forts on forums...
I'd rather suggest making WL/Sov gear equalivent obtainable as reward SC ranked play. Probably WL for solo que, Sov for premade que. Obviously as weekly tokens, so none could farm that too fast.

You don't have to be a leecher to miss out. If you simply login whilst the zone prior to the fort is already mid-battle, catching up on contrib against such a high pop for such few fort spaces is going to be very difficult even if you chain run objectives. City Sieges in comparison, you can login after they've started and pug queue no problem. That's why people have full Sov, but only 1-2 pieces of Invader.

Whether you have the capacity to recognise the problem, i'm not really going to help you see the light. Fortunately the devs seem to have noticed given the patch notes just now indicate they will be experimenting with Fort numbers.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Aurandilaz

Post#26 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:15 pm

already wrote this suggestion earlier in some other thread;

Possible medal conversions to keep currencies useful and not gathering in piles;
10 off to 1 conq medal, 10 conq to 1 vanq medal, 10 vanq to 1 invader, 10 invader to 1 royal.
So to finish sovereign, you would need 419 royal, or 4190 invader, or 41900 vanq... 419k conq, 4,19m officers

should be long enough grind to keep people happy, while allowing for other means to advance than to just log in for city sieges or checking discord about zone status while waiting for next city so you can advance your character.

Starx

Post#27 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:50 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 am
Starx wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 am Gearing fast at least up to a point isn't a bad a thing. It's something I at least always liked about WAR on live, and something that has been the case longer than not on this server. If you remember getting into anni/merc was fairly fast when conq/dom was the bis gear etc... however now you have people struggling to get into conq when a good chunk of mains are in inv/sov/bloodlord/sent mixes.

Endgame gearing also isnt something you just casually get on and do like before, you absolutely have to be on at the correct times during the day to get any progress at all.
People who struggle to get conq are people who don't downgrade their vanq. So, they are the ones to blame.
Wonderful I guess you also reccomend downgrading invader for vanq/conq too?

M0rw47h

Post#28 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:53 pm

Starx wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:50 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 am
Starx wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 am Gearing fast at least up to a point isn't a bad a thing. It's something I at least always liked about WAR on live, and something that has been the case longer than not on this server. If you remember getting into anni/merc was fairly fast when conq/dom was the bis gear etc... however now you have people struggling to get into conq when a good chunk of mains are in inv/sov/bloodlord/sent mixes.

Endgame gearing also isnt something you just casually get on and do like before, you absolutely have to be on at the correct times during the day to get any progress at all.
People who struggle to get conq are people who don't downgrade their vanq. So, they are the ones to blame.
Wonderful I guess you also reccomend downgrading invader for vanq/conq too?
NO.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#29 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Simple QoL fix:
Ad the invader medals along crests to the bags, so ppl over 70rr can choose which they want.
Right now it feels like punishment to be high RR. I have half Sovereign set sitting in my bag, yet need to run like 30+ forts to get my Invader ToK. :roll:
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#30 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Fort currency is acquired from forts so people continue to have a reason to play, and get into, Forts. When fort currency is commonly available elsewhere, like from City siege, we get the example someone gave here already where they refuse to even play their character unless a city is available, because it allows them to not care about Forts and skip them.

Conversion of currency between Invader and Royal is the same problem from a different direction, which is why it's also not being done.

Skipping content is not intended, and I'll bring this up for next patch. Thanks for pointing it out as a problem. We certainly don't want players to feel like they need to park their characters for any reason.

Constructive feedback about forts would be how to make them fun/interesting to play despite the reward structure. If it's such a **** experience you would literally give up playing your sub-RR70 characters because you can skip it for maybe getting into a city siege twice a day, then that seems like we have room for improvement. The goal from the beginning was to make engaging content that players enjoy. Rewards are quite secondary to that.

Regarding tokens from kills, the cost structure simply isn't tuned for this. It is specifically tuned for content completion. If you could receive Royal or Invader crests on-kill, then the prices would need to be much much much higher, on the scale of how high Vanquisher is. It would also destroy any need to move the RvR campaign, as groups of players would simply farm kills for currency rather than complete any objective, which would be a massive step back for us.

Upconversion from Vanq to Invader has a couple problems. First, people have TONS of leftover Vanq from the year or so prior to forts where they just played RvR as the end game for fun. Even with a conversion rate of 100 to 1, several players would simply be able to skip Forts entirely. Second, like the previous point, players would have another avenue to simply farm kills and ignore the RvR campaign even with a really bad conversion rate, to eventually get the Invader they need to progress through the ward system.

Upconversion from Invader to Royal would simply run a much less impactful issue of players taking spots in limited fort battles for a minimal gain in potential Royal medals. We don't typically see a lot of clamoring for that example, but figured I would cover it.

That should cover this set of suggestions. See you guys in the next thread for this same exact problem.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog