Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Terrible Embrace

Let's talk about... everything else
mryay

[Marauder] Terrible Embrace

Post#1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:16 pm

I have noticed that Terrible Embrace is virtually always succeeding lately.

Even with a high disrupt % chance + facing Mara it does not seems to make any difference, never seen been disrupted since the end of December.
The only way to stop it is to break the line of sight.

Have anyone noticed a change?
(I couldn't see anything in patch notes)

And also it works with a quite high height difference.

Does it also affect White Lion's Fetch?

Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Nadril21

Re: [Marauder] Terrible Embrace

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 pm

They changed it a year or so ago I believe.

It was changed from a disrupt check to a parry check, and is based off the marauders STR if I recall.

This in turn made pulls made to your back undefendable.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

balvor877
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 am

Im getting sick of these destro buffs...

Jinxypie

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:25 am

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 am Im getting sick of these destro buffs...
Was prolly just long time oversight. Did you really expected maras to stack intellect?
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Rydiak

Post#5 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 am

I block and parry Terrible Embrace all the time. You can't disrupt it, since it doesn't check versus that.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

balvor877
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 am

Jinxypie wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:25 am
balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 am Im getting sick of these destro buffs...
Was prolly just long time oversight. Did you really expected maras to stack intellect?
It's basically undefendable when you run away - what is usually the case when they use it. Parry is not a good solution. It should have a chance to fail (from back), like every other ability as well.

Rydiak

Post#7 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 am

balvor877 wrote: It should have a chance to fail (from back), like every other ability as well.
Only abilities that check against Disrupt and Dodge can fail from the back. Parry and block check from the front. Turn around and face the Mara just before the pull effect goes off.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

balvor877
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:15 am

Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 am
balvor877 wrote: It should have a chance to fail (from back), like every other ability as well.
Only abilities that check against Disrupt and Dodge can fail from the back. Parry and block check from the front. Turn around and face the Mara just before the pull effect goes off.
Then why is it parry and not dodge? Turning around while running away? Yeah, right...

Ads
Stophy22

Post#9 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:30 am

I thought it was a bit overdue for another destro complaint thread :) Good to see you guys still at it!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Rydiak

Post#10 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:45 am

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:15 am
Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 am
Then why is it parry and not dodge? Turning around while running away? Yeah, right...
Because it is a strength-based attack. I mean if you don't want to use the easy counter of simply turning around 180 degrees before it goes off, then I can't give you any further advice.