Recent Topics

Ads

Non-Linear Zone Locks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dalsie

Non-Linear Zone Locks

Post#1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:24 pm

In the current system primetime can cause a dead lock in t4 zones for hours. You need to lock the entire pairing + the fort, starting with t2. But since t2-4 are now merged, is there any real reason to keep the order of locking linear?
Instead of locking t2->t3->t4, there is no reason you cant lock t3->t4->t2. As long as you still lock the entire pairing you can get to fort, then to city.

It doesn't change much, but atleast the final zone before fort might be an interesting change of scenery if the order of lock were shuffled. So High Pass opened first, then Reikland, then ended in Troll Country for the fort... or any combination thereof.
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Ads
Rapture

Re: Non-Linear Zone Locks

Post#2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:31 pm

After Troll Country . Do you run across 2 zones fighting or just port to Chaos waste and then run to Fort?

Dalsie

Post#3 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:42 pm

Rapture wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:31 pm After Troll Country . Do you run across 2 zones fighting or just port to Chaos waste and then run to Fort?
Honestly I don't know. Maybe good old school portals, 2 or 3 on different locations on the map. You can still get there through the other zones ofcourse, it just takes 1 extra flight
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Rumpel

Post#4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:03 pm

I think the idea behind is the army is marching from Nordland through the whole country to cw or reikland and then City at the end. For all pairings.

BUT I like your idea for practical reasons and a better game flow.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: