Recent Topics

Ads

Last city instance for all the leftover queuers?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Yeeha

Last city instance for all the leftover queuers?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:30 am

Is there any chance to get a super pug last city instance for all the leftover people in the queue? it is beyond frustrating to not even get a queue pop after waiting all night for the city.
yes the instance would be an unfair mess with one side being outnumbered, but most city instances are already heavily tilted to the side with better organization while pugs get demolished.

a last instance for all the leftover queuers could be fun, anyone involved is aware it would be full ungabunga, but losing beats not even getting a chance to compete. you'd still have the chance to get some crests and loserbags atleast.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Last city instance for all the leftover queuers?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am

We had this last queueing stage and loads of players were waiting for the last 5 minutes to queue.

City Siege being extremely-pug friendly has harmed that game mode, it's an end-game content that is meant to be challenging, and having groups/warbands as requirement gives a better experience in general. I highly doubt that the complete solo-queue would be coming back, even at the last few minutes.

The queueing system we have right now is the best to be honest. If you missed a city, you can queue up earlier, join a warband that can open its own instance or just wait for the next city siege since there's like 2 or 3 per day.

We know it'll never satisfy everyone, but we're pretty comfortable with the current system and we believe that it had a positive impact.

Rhinochild

Post#3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Rather than a special queue, then could you re-open the rvr lakes for those who don't want to or can't get a spot in a city group once the city queue opens? There is only so much room for all the engie/magus, dps am/sham lovers out there, not to mention any sub-40s.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Yeeha

Post#4 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Currently i play way too much, the only character i play is my Witchelf and i am keeping an eye on the campaign progress all day. It is rare that u have a City pop at eu times, it sometimes happens but it is not the norm. Cities usually happen at NA times, which makes not getting an Instance pop all the more frustrating when u stay up all night for it. I queue the second the gates open and still rarely get a pop. I spam every chat channel but rarely get a WE spot, as those spots are usually taken. And even if u get a 6man spot that queues very early, most of the time u still do not get in.
As soon as u do not get a proper Warband spot, the chances of winning your instance are very slim, this i accept. But even when u prepare urself to get beaten around for 1,5hours for 3 crests it is all the more frustrating when you dont even get a chance to lose.

I suppose the ruleset is alright for a City pop at EU hours, when the population can support the soloqueuers. But u should consider some extra rulesets for the odd-time cities (that are the norm) with a total amount of 4 instances. Telling me to queue earlier isnt valid as i cant queue up faster than the moment the gate opens up. I am trying my best to get an invite to a Warband but it is what it is.

So far this has been the most frustrating mmo-content i have ever experienced, and i lived through the DAoC TOA PvE with underwater Zergdungeons or where u had to level up ur artifacts at a contested spot of very few mobs that only spawn at night.

Morradin

Post#5 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:52 pm

A few ideas on city.
Last night IC was sad. A 4 star city, and only four instances were created. So I had some thoughts;

What if the queuing system was something like this
1. City opens for invasion, 5 min timer to start getting ready.
2. Que for city.
A 15 minute time frame where all warbands, 6 man and 12 man groups, as well as solo players que. If not enough people que (See (*) Below), then there is no invasion and campaign resets to T2.
3. When 12 min Que period ends THEN the game begins opening up instances and sets wb v wb etc. (To stop the waiting till the last six minutes of current 20 min period to que.)

Additionally (*)
There should be a minimum amount of instances for a city to open up, based on the rank of the city plus one, except for one star cities would need plus 2.
Example;
A 5 Star city would need a min of six instances being filled/opened for the invasion to continue past the queuing stage.
A 1 star city, or a 2 star city would need three instances to open up.
A 3 star city would need 4 instances to open up.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:28 pm Rather than a special queue, then could you re-open the rvr lakes for those who don't want to or can't get a spot in a city group once the city queue opens? There is only so much room for all the engie/magus, dps am/sham lovers out there, not to mention any sub-40s.
The RvR lakes already reopen when the city siege starts, unless I missed your point.

Rhinochild

Post#7 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:49 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Rhinochild wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:28 pm Rather than a special queue, then could you re-open the rvr lakes for those who don't want to or can't get a spot in a city group once the city queue opens? There is only so much room for all the engie/magus, dps am/sham lovers out there, not to mention any sub-40s.
The RvR lakes already reopen when the city siege starts, unless I missed your point.
If I'm not mistaken, the lakes don't open until the city queue closes. That's 30+ min waiting with nothing to do.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:20 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am We had this last queueing stage and loads of players were waiting for the last 5 minutes to queue.

City Siege being extremely-pug friendly has harmed that game mode, it's an end-game content that is meant to be challenging, and having groups/warbands as requirement gives a better experience in general. I highly doubt that the complete solo-queue would be coming back, even at the last few minutes.

The queueing system we have right now is the best to be honest. If you missed a city, you can queue up earlier, join a warband that can open its own instance or just wait for the next city siege since there's like 2 or 3 per day.

We know it'll never satisfy everyone, but we're pretty comfortable with the current system and we believe that it had a positive impact.
Catering solo-meme-dps playstyle while forcing organiced players to face stronger enemies with that city matchmaking is why i finally stopped to play...now enjoy you full-pug server.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:57 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:20 pm
GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am We had this last queueing stage and loads of players were waiting for the last 5 minutes to queue.

Catering solo-meme-dps playstyle while forcing organiced players to face stronger enemies with that city matchmaking is why i finally stopped to play...now enjoy you full-pug server.
I don't get your point. How are organized players "forced" to face stronger enemies? Are you asking for the ability to go up against Pugs in city? Because that's already possible if you just wait to queue.

Organized WBs are only really guaranteed a organized opponent if you queue immediately as you are then going to get matched with another 24 man that signed up right away. But, isn't that what you want as an organized player? Who wants to make a solid 24 man grp and then rofl stomp pugs for 2 minutes and then afk the rest of the match as they stay in WC? I agree that there should not be any pug city but city is pretty bad for pugs atm other than free pity medals. If you pug and face any organized grp of 6 or more, you're gonna have a bad time.

I think being a solo meme DPS in city would be a very bad experience, but I'm open to hearing about how exactly they are catered to.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:52 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:57 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:20 pm
Spoiler:

I don't get your point. How are organized players "forced" to face stronger enemies? Are you asking for the ability to go up against Pugs in city? Because that's already possible if you just wait to queue.

Organized WBs are only really guaranteed a organized opponent if you queue immediately as you are then going to get matched with another 24 man that signed up right away. But, isn't that what you want as an organized player? Who wants to make a solid 24 man grp and then rofl stomp pugs for 2 minutes and then afk the rest of the match as they stay in WC? I agree that there should not be any pug city but city is pretty bad for pugs atm other than free pity medals. If you pug and face any organized grp of 6 or more, you're gonna have a bad time.

I think being a solo meme DPS in city would be a very bad experience, but I'm open to hearing about how exactly they are catered to.
You obviously are talking from a order POV => destro wbs never had the luxury to dodge premades...always need to queue asap or probably you will lose the pop.

City is a sov medals grind => when i join a city what i want is win the most medals i can....if i join a 12/24 wb is to increase my chances to win => since that matchmaking was introduced joining 12/24 wbs isnt increasing my chances to win anymore....as destro need to instaqueue so you will face order premades who instaq, and those are harder opponents for sure.

The funny thing is that ror team refused several times to introduce this feature (matchmaking force grpVSgrp and soloVSsolo) in normal SCs arguing that is to "promote group-play"...but SOMEHOW is ok to not promote group-play in endgame scs...

Well, its what its => enjoy