Recent Topics

Ads

[Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

Post#21 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:40 am

pvprangergod wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 am
Solo ranked is compelling? LOL good one, did u ever play it?
I think it serves a rather small segment of the population.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#22 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:54 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:40 am
pvprangergod wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 am
Solo ranked is compelling? LOL good one, did u ever play it?
I think it serves a rather small segment of the population.
Yup about 1 or 2 people.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:58 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:28 am
If people are playing the winning side to grind for a piece of gear, they shouldn't be playing this mode anyway. The gear was to attract some people in and see if they enjoy the mode. If it's bad, they don't like it, and they were only doing it for the gear grind, then the quality of the matches would be poor either way. I just take issue with saying players are being punished for not being rewarded when they lose. The mindset that you always need to be winning something isn't one I've ever bought into. I very much believe in doing compelling content for the sake of content, rather than developing with a big enough carrot people will grind though anything you throw at them.
I totally agree. Imho it's part of the fun get matched up with unusual setups. But why the "carrot" in the first place?
If the goal is to build a community that stays with ranked, it's apparently not working.
More so it brings players to the table that are willing to bend the rules for getting to their reward.
Perfect would be if ranked is ristricted in gear (as example conq/dom only) and rewards are only cosmetic.
Last edited by ufthakk on Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:59 am

Solo ranked is simply a glorified group finder, one of those things we are told are never catered towards. Window dressing does the trick though, along with sprinkles of exclusive best in slot items, mounts and capes.

BeautfulToad

Post#25 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:06 am

I dont really get the petulance toward the dev team. The ranked solo system is pretty neat in terms of leaderboards, rewards, etc. All some folk have an issue with is how it is structured, match finding, etc.

I certainly read that Wargrimnir has basically just strongly hinted that the team are monitoring the system, and - like most modes in RoR - I suspect it will be tweaked sooner or later. All the features of RoR change over time (just compare oRvR to three years ago and mass afking at BOs).

We have only had two seasons of ranked mode right now, and will be interesting to see where things go. Just provide feedback on what you would change from a ranked SC game mode.

I personally think the issue is working out a better way to rank players who might perform well in losing sides (I think the same should be done in fort instances as well btw - it should have a big leaderboard of everyone at the end of the instance that gives bags or, at least, bragging rights to players).

Jeliel80

Post#26 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:20 am

I don't see why the mode exists at all.
But if you really wanna make it work, for some reason, remove solo q, just allow only group ranked, match it with rdps/mdps in mind.

It's still an mmorpg after all, right?
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#27 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:21 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:06 am I dont really get the petulance toward the dev team. The ranked solo system is pretty neat in terms of leaderboards, rewards, etc. All some folk have an issue with is how it is structured, match finding, etc.

I certainly read that Wargrimnir has basically just strongly hinted that the team are monitoring the system, and - like most modes in RoR - I suspect it will be tweaked sooner or later. All the features of RoR change over time (just compare oRvR to three years ago and mass afking at BOs).

We have only had two seasons of ranked mode right now, and will be interesting to see where things go. Just provide feedback on what you would change from a ranked SC game mode.

I personally think the issue is working out a better way to rank players who might perform well in losing sides (I think the same should be done in fort instances as well btw - it should have a big leaderboard of everyone at the end of the instance that gives bags or, at least, bragging rights to players).
There are alot of glaring issues with the current state of the game that aren't being addressed at all. For a single example we had the borc nerf to waaagh, removing cd reduction, the tactic which has been put in its place doesn't even work to buff the group for toughness. So I highly doubt they are monitoring anything, just a pet project they poke at occasionally and total disregard for what remains of a community.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#28 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:23 am

Are they going to look at statistics to tell them that solo ranked is a bad idea? Or maybe just take one glance at the mode and realise that the majority of people queueing into it don't even know how the guard button works, aren't using correct gear/renown/specs or play at 2 fps.

Ads
Allbback

Post#29 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:00 am

Mergrim wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:51 pm First remove MMR req for drop triumphant insignia.

Every new ranked player, after losing 5-10 games in a row, simply gives up and doesn't play anymore.
5k-6k triumphant marks is not enough farm to get BiS?

Currently, ranked games pop only evenings.
The mmr system is badly made. Even with enough players on both sides, ranked games not pop at all.
1 pop for me, 20 minutes without any game, and there are enough people to pop 2 games...
i agree with you this time , and if no mmr system 50 new currency's ring can up to 70 and remove mmr , that's my think

BeautfulToad

Post#30 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:05 am

pvprangergod wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:21 am There are alot of glaring issues with the current state of the game that aren't being addressed at all. For a single example we had the borc nerf to waaagh, removing cd reduction, the tactic which has been put in its place doesn't even work to buff the group for toughness. So I highly doubt they are monitoring anything, just a pet project they poke at occasionally and total disregard for what remains of a community.
A tad melodramatic