Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

wachlarz

Re: NB poll

Post#31 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:12 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am You would have to make such a poll ingame and login, because only a fraction of the player base visits forum and those are already the more engaged people as most just login and play. Hence why there are so many questions after patches, while ppl just have to read notes for answers.

The functions the sequencer is lacking, like adding potions, were discussed extensively in other threads already, no need to make another discussion about here. :)
it doesn't matter, this is not a guide to action, but just a survey. I agree that if a person is not interested, then he will not waste time writing a comment, but ticking a poll is a matter of one second

P$
at least now we could see that the majority is really for the ban of the NB, I would like to hope that these are real 10 people and not one with 10 different accounts).
Would you say the same for any other outcome? "Oh, we need Sequencer to be more robust" >> You: I hope that is not 10 different accounts!

Your bias is showing *peek*
Or ppl that use nb dont play now ror so dont vote ?

Ads
gebajger

Post#32 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:30 pm

Secrets wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:11 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:49 pm
Secrets wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:21 pm With only 700 concurrently online in primetime hours almost 2 years after LazyPeon's video, and about 1300 last year around this time, I think the results speak for themselves, even if this forum poll does not openly state it... especially considering those who would be for its re-implementation would never touch this game's forums again due to having already quit. The poll is biased as a result.
Well, yes and no. The low numbers for 3 and 4 disproves your claim that it "did not serve the interest of the players". Either they didnt see a connection between NB removal and population decline, maybe they didnt see a population decline at all or they think that a loss of some population to remove NB was still worth it.
Its highly questionable how respresentative this poll is, but if you can take anything from it, then the split between 2,3 and 4.
My point is that there has been a series of unpopular changes, the dev team knows the changes were unpopular, and they continued course hoping that those changes were a vocal minority speaking out.

When you're dealing with thousands instead of hundreds of thousands of vocal players, you can assume that any substantial volume of noise will result in a loss of players of some sorts. As developers, if you consistently do not bend to the whims of the players in a project in where you are performing a free service for them to preserve a game for them and entertain them, you are doing a disservice to everyone except your internal team of developers who want to see their ideas come to life.

Even if it's not a single event, consistently unpopular changes that affect a different small subset of players will increase the volume of dissatisfied players. As population dwindles, so do the volume of players that disagree with your methods of making decisions.

It then begs the question who you are making said changes for - the 'game's integrity', or the players?
Eu peak is around 1k now (912 atm as I'm writing this).

I believe you when you say it doesn't bypass GCD, but NB is a low level bot, semi-automated gameplay.....not good.

More than enough changes took skill out of the game (buffing mara pull 4 times for one)
Rioz

Lordholl
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 pm

I never understood what nb automated for you? You're always the one pressing the buttons while you play... if I'm in battle and I press 1, then know to press 2, then 8, then shift-4, then f1, then ctrl-5, etc etc... then what's the problem in setting up nb so I can press alot less buttons to do what I would already do in the fight? The only human error it takes away is my ability to fat finger a key press? It never played the game for me, with buffhead and other addons we know when to do what in a fight, it's not that difficult... but NB let you press alot less buttons to achieve what you would already do in a fight anyways...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to shatter on buffhead came up, you saw it come up on buffhead, you know you need to shatter it, NB knows you need to shatter it, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to shatter, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

The very same argument can be made with any ability...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to INTERRUPT on buffhead came up, you saw it come up on buffhead, you know you need to INTERRUPT it, NB knows you need to INTERRUPT it, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to INTERRUPT, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to USE A BACK ATTACK on came up, you saw you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, you know you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, NB knows you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to USE A BACK ATTACK, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

Etc. Etc.

Sulorie

Post#34 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Lordholl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 pm I never understood what nb automated for you? You're always the one pressing the buttons while you play... if I'm in battle and I press 1, then know to press 2, then 8, then shift-4, then f1, then ctrl-5, etc etc... then what's the problem in setting up nb so I can press alot less buttons to do what I would already do in the fight? The only human error it takes away is my ability to fat finger a key press? It never played the game for me, with buffhead and other addons we know when to do what in a fight, it's not that difficult... but NB let you press alot less buttons to achieve what you would already do in a fight anyways...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to shatter on buffhead came up, you saw it come up on buffhead, you know you need to shatter it, NB knows you need to shatter it, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to shatter, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to INTERRUPT on buffhead came up, you saw it come up on buffhead, you know you need to INTERRUPT it, NB knows you need to INTERRUPT it, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to INTERRUPT, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

Im in a fight, oh something I need to USE A BACK ATTACK on came up, you saw you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, you know you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, NB knows you need to USE A BACK ATTACK, but instead of having to reach over to press f9 or w/e to USE A BACK ATTACK, NB simply allowed you to continue pressing the same button or at least one very close to the button you were pressing to accomplish the very same thing you would have done with 2 buttons...

Etc. Etc.
Where are the human errors in your summary? Maybe you are not so good to interrupt a channel the moment it is used, same with shatter of buffs.
How about using CC on an immune target, because you overlook the buffhead icon? This wouldn't happen with a proper set up NB.
Dying is no option.

Alfa1986

Post#35 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:31 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am You would have to make such a poll ingame and login, because only a fraction of the player base visits forum and those are already the more engaged people as most just login and play. Hence why there are so many questions after patches, while ppl just have to read notes for answers.

The functions the sequencer is lacking, like adding potions, were discussed extensively in other threads already, no need to make another discussion about here. :)
it doesn't matter, this is not a guide to action, but just a survey. I agree that if a person is not interested, then he will not waste time writing a comment, but ticking a poll is a matter of one second

P$
at least now we could see that the majority is really for the ban of the NB, I would like to hope that these are real 10 people and not one with 10 different accounts).
Would you say the same for any other outcome? "Oh, we need Sequencer to be more robust" >> You: I hope that is not 10 different accounts!

Your bias is showing *peek*
I do not hide that I am disappointed with the results of the poll, especially since I deliberately introduced a milder option 4. could anyone vote several times from different accounts, or use bots? perhaps I do not exclude this! but why if this poll does not affect anything anyway? to obtain more accurate data, more perfect identification is needed; therefore, such polls are not suitable for making decisions, since manipulations are possible. it's just an indicator of an unpleasant surprise.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Lordholl
Suspended

Post#36 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm
Lordholl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 pm I never understood what nb automated for you? You're always the one pressing the buttons while you play... if I'm in battle and I press 1, then know to press 2, then 8, then shift-4, then f1, then ctrl-5, etc etc... then what's the problem in setting up nb so I can press alot less buttons to do what I would already do in the fight? The only human error it takes away is my ability to fat finger a key press? It never played the game for me, with buffhead and other addons we know when to do what in a fight, it's not that difficult... but NB let you press alot less buttons to achieve what you would already do in a fight anyways...

Etc. Etc.
Where are the human errors in your summary? Maybe you are not so good to interrupt a channel the moment it is used, same with shatter of buffs.
How about using CC on an immune target, because you overlook the buffhead icon? This wouldn't happen with a proper set up NB.
Well to be fair, if you have such extensive knowledge of the game and the classes and pvp to such an extent that you could setup a NB string to interrupt/shatter/kd or w/e every situation perfectly timed and on all the right classes/moments, then without NB that same person is still going to time every interrupt/shatter/kd or w/e perfectly anyways just with tons more buttons though, just through their pure knowledge of the game and how it works

NB was purely a QoL improvement for so many classes

And tbh when I used NB, I never would put kd/kb or interrupt on any strings because they were way too situational anyways, just me though

sharpblader

Post#37 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 am

Spoiler:
Lordholl wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:14 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Etc. Etc.
Well to be fair, if you have such extensive knowledge of the game and the classes and pvp to such an extent that you could setup a NB string to interrupt/shatter/kd or w/e every situation perfectly timed and on all the right classes/moments, then without NB that same person is still going to time every interrupt/shatter/kd or w/e perfectly anyways just with tons more buttons though, just through their pure knowledge of the game and how it works

NB was purely a QoL improvement for so many classes

And tbh when I used NB, I never would put kd/kb or interrupt on any strings because they were way too situational anyways, just me though
Knowledge is not equal to skill. You can never expect a player to play perfectly all the time even if they have full knowledge of what to do. There are many factors that determine if a player can pull off a perfect rotation and some of them cannot be overcome with any amount of skill.

And this is the essence of why NB was considered unfair. Instead of implementing the knowledge you mention into action during a fight, i.e finding the right button to press at the right time, NB was presenting you with the button to press as a predefined keystroke.

Like you said, the primary issue people have with the NB ban is the QoL change.

In the long run, it is healthier for the game to have a basic sequencer instead of one with conditional checks.

Redgoblin77

Post#38 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:15 am

And to put it in other words, if i may add my two cents. Knowledge is not equal to skill. And even more knowledge and skill are not equal to final outcome. There is also performance, a basic human quality.
Knowledge and skill are the prerequisites for a good outcome. But to achieve a good outcome one has to perform good also. There are times my rotations shine and feel happy about it. Other times I screw up and loose it. But that's human and I accept it or even I like it.
So I voted 2, cause in my opinion nb bans performance from the equation.

Ads
Kpi

Post#39 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:28 pm

I will only do a short post about NB, i promisse.

I was a NB player, and when it was banned i was very angry for it, seriously. I started to play without NB, and my skill for play improve a lot. Later i began to use the new sequencer and the game was more friendly for play multiple characters. All players was even, because noone has NB.

But later, some guys start to skip the NB ban, (even stream it in Twicht) and this is not funny, because a few players have a huge advantage about the rest of players for it, and do the game not balanced. And this is very sad because there are not parity between all players now. When NB was available for all, you can choose play with it or without it, but now, you know have a big disvantage with a few players and you cant do nothing.

So, the problem is not the NB or not, the problem now is about the hackers playing with it and the time what devs need for fight against NB now. Maybe if the NB is free for all, the devs can use his time for another purpouse
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

zulnam

Post#40 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:17 pm

People who can skip NB ban should get the ban themselves.

Not all of them.

Just a few.

To set an example.

Ooh. Better yet: delete characters. For every NB violation, one r40 deleted; starting with the highest RR.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG