Recent Topics

Ads

Make sc queue like city

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Sulorie

Re: Make sc queue like city

Post#71 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:14 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:19 pm dunno if anyone recommended this already, but why not just make premades queue versus premades, pugs queue versus pugs, problem solved? or simply give people the ability to queue only versus other solo players like you have in dota2. you have checkbox in options which when checked prevents you from getting matched versus premades.
The quality of matches won't improve, queue times overall will rise and people will still get stomped, when their random team setup is flat out worse than the enemy team. So what do you gain?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Talladego

Post#72 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:17 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:19 pm dunno if anyone recommended this already, but why not just make premades queue versus premades, pugs queue versus pugs, problem solved? or simply give people the ability to queue only versus other solo players like you have in dota2. you have checkbox in options which when checked prevents you from getting matched versus premades.
Welcome to RoR.

Talladego

Post#73 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:18 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:14 pm
The quality of matches won't improve, queue times overall will rise and people will still get stomped, when their random team setup is flat out worse than the enemy team. So what do you gain?
No it won't.
But premades will no longer have an easy source of free renown.

Everdin

Post#74 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm

I'm at the point where I say: Yes, Go for it, split up scenarios in pug and premade. Let these people see what they get...

I wonder what the next reason is they are loosing their 2 scenarios a day
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#75 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:36 pm

if algorithm is working as intended you will surely get enough matches as a pug, as most of people i guess are solo-queueing. admittedly it would probably mean less games for premades.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#76 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:22 pm

Everdin wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm I'm at the point where I say: Yes, Go for it, split up scenarios in pug and premade. Let these people see what they get...
There's a PUG SC already.

Opinion: Make a group or just don't play if you're losing solo. I've done it. It's not a tall ask to socialize in an online video game.

Asking devs to solve a player issue is a terrible idea and will result in wasted dev time that could be spent on... I don't know, actually
improving the game by addressing factual issues that have already been identified?

Sulorie

Post#77 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:54 pm

Talladego wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:18 pm

No it won't.
But premades will no longer have an easy source of free renown.
It's not free renown, those player do something in order to win. They try to play as good as they can to beat their opponents. This isn't necessarily true for pug players with a "you-win-some-you-lose-some"-mentality.
E.g. you can't play in a premade and guard nobody or don't assist. In a pug team, this is much more likely to happen.
The thing is, pug players can do all of it as well, they can assist too, because you need no voice com for this.
In the end, one team is better at it, which doesn't have to be the premade, the odds are just higher.

We need more incentives to team up and not less. When the pug team lacks healers and tanks, why blame anyone else but those players? Why should the team, which puts in effort to organize wait longer for SC pops?
Dying is no option.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#78 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 pm

lol, still ppl blamed for play solo (make grp), for play in grp (make wb), for play in wb without disc (join disc and organise)
dont you think its stupid enough?
when u start understand - ONE MAN CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING
he cannot spawn grp (need another 5 real ppl for it)
he cannot spawn wb
he cannot force to all join disc and follow leader
this SOLO MAN even cannot spawn a healer or tank or anything what PRO-players said to this soloer he need for win
but soloer cannot play on all classes at SAME TIME
soloer join SC/city queue and hope to find balanced grp and warband
it what to do special tool in-game - queue manager or grp finder or balancer
and this thing totally dont work well
all what balancer can do is fast add to future game bunch of same classes on order (6 am, 3 bw, 3 wh and other trash setups)
it because balancer dont work well
also city queue invented in wrong manner - for fast found crazy enemy for pre-setup wb (sc have same issue too, but happen often and player can hope to enter between one or two premades, when city dont have this option)
how fix it?
1. start to understand - no argues with Solo Player must reroll healer etc, dont blame soloers
2. dont blame soloers and non-premades, use them WELL, start to make balancer (may be not each time but testing mode - 1 old way, 1 new way)
3. new way is fit normal grp which headed to 2-2-2 from 1-1-1 setup and balanced with SAME on destro
4. switch side which started queue setup so not only OP side fit their premades each 5 min when other side only wait for add their 6 tanks and no healers
5. again start fill queue with 1-1-1 in head and only it
6. gather full statistic for queued ppl (how often they win, with what ppl, when they added, how many ppl play in sc in last hours and online etc), it will help for prevent dominate of quasi-premades in pug
7. pug is pug, no premades here, no diff in setups, no zero heal, no quasi premades
8. try to help ppl play in game without stress and disbalance
for city need to impplement easy rule - premade fight with premade
game not started when wb24premade queued and found 24pug on opposite side, no
city have 30-50 minutes of queue (when all can nack at door) then game calculate 5-10 min mirrors and in hour from city announce game started
no more panic waiting when game popped, no more cheaters with queue as quasi premade against pug
you queued at gate, come offline for 50 min, come back and game (in 5-10min calculate stage) count you as active player and found you mirrior
then game start
all who miss queue can refill queue for cause if someone cannot back to game (for count this mirrors can started with 1 min delay each other, so first created make sure it full, then start second etc)

Ads
Talladego

Post#79 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:54 pm We need more incentives to team up and not less. When the pug team lacks healers and tanks, why blame anyone else but those players? Why should the team, which puts in effort to organize wait longer for SC pops?
What then exactly is the incentive you think?
Sure some people team up just because it's more fun to play with friends, but the way premades totally dominate weekend event scenarios it's pretty obvious those premades are formed just to prey on the casual players for easy renown.

If the premades really wanted to play for a challenge they would queue ranked.
After all wasn't ranked meant as a playground for the competitive minded player?
Then why not let casual or new players have a less rewarding but fun playground as well? (the pug scenario is nice but very boring since it's only one)

Talladego

Post#80 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:15 pm

Secrets wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:22 pm Opinion: Make a group or just don't play if you're losing solo. I've done it. It's not a tall ask to socialize in an online video game.
I started playing this game because it had so many better casual-friendly features than my previous MMO, Dark Age of Camelot.
In DAoC you had to spend hours to find or form a group to do anything at all, pve or pvp.
Just to see it fall apart when someone had to leave after 30 mins.
The downtime in that game just waiting for people was horrible.

WAR addressed this brilliantly by implementing Public Quests, Open Warbands and Scenario Queues that made the game so much more accessible to more people.
I don't understand why the RoR devs don't see the strength in that.
In my opinion this game is better than DAoC and could have many more players if casual players weren't regarded as a problem to be fixed.
Even the DAoC freeshard Celestius has more players than RoR, and that's because they made the game fun and easy to enjoy.