Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Garamore

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#211 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:23 am

That NO_GUILD on destro is OP
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
wonshot

Post#212 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:43 am

201 attackers vs 202. Surely some of the order ones were re-fillers after someone left after either getting killed, losing hope, or giving up on sticking it out. But this kinda kills the outnumbered argument abit. While this was going on there was two order warbands on orvr (Dustmaker happily commenting ingame in T4 about how order is losing while being in orvr this week, and taking an empty fort last round of lotd :roll: )

Once again, it honestly just seemed like Destro came with a bunch of "stand on our own" groups. Plenty of small/6man groups going outskirts capping BOs. While Order rallying two warbands on Discord and drains everything that seems to be close to organized into a blob and forfeits the rest of the map completly.

Just look at the opening 15mins again. Both sides capping homelands four wc starting BOs. Order for once capping south Lib+Tomb but then sits on a random mountain top and rally for 5minuts while destro caps all 3 middle BOs. From there on with a 3(!) zone-kill total lead from Destro after 12th minut mark Order is already falling behind losing middle, allowing smallmans to enter their homelands, and doing nothing to reclaim it apart from 3warband blob running around capping a single objective overcommited, easily avoidable by Destro smallmans capping and skirmishing outskirts with a handful of zerg v zerg fights. At that point the map is already red on south WC BOs, order pugs are leaving and the fillers come in and leave too and its technically desited after 30minuts of which 15 were yellow-cap phase.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Garamore

Post#213 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:54 am

1 wb of destro kited order blob back to destro wc whilst the rest of destro capped all the bos. By that point destro were 500 points in front.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

tfargh

Post#214 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:58 am

troll thread

JohnnyWayne

Post#215 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:11 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 am
Ninjagon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:24 pm Its an example, not a proof picture. You can say, what you want. But those that were there, they know ...
I like how the rvr campaign is absolutely dominated week in and week out by Order rolling fort after fort to the point where they take near empty forts cause everyone logs one side, yet the second LotD discussion comes into play suddenly its "Destro is overpopulated!!"

What game are you even playing where you don't see this? Order took two forts this morning with ease in the short time I was playing. Where's your complaints about that?
First of all, your what-about-tism doesnt work for setting up points. I see that issue as well, I say balance forts for both sides, but that is not the point. Make your own topic. Not to forget we had the exact opposite 6 months ago. Sigh, how I miss you, Altdorf city siege... For LotD, this time even pop balance couldn't have saved it. It can only balance initial pop, not how it develops later on. Everything wonshot described is on point.

Detangler

Post#216 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:08 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:11 am
Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 am
Ninjagon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:24 pm Its an example, not a proof picture. You can say, what you want. But those that were there, they know ...
I like how the rvr campaign is absolutely dominated week in and week out by Order rolling fort after fort to the point where they take near empty forts cause everyone logs one side, yet the second LotD discussion comes into play suddenly its "Destro is overpopulated!!"

What game are you even playing where you don't see this? Order took two forts this morning with ease in the short time I was playing. Where's your complaints about that?
First of all, your what-about-tism doesnt work for setting up points. I see that issue as well, I say balance forts for both sides, but that is not the point. Make your own topic. Not to forget we had the exact opposite 6 months ago. Sigh, how I miss you, Altdorf city siege... For LotD, this time even pop balance couldn't have saved it. It can only balance initial pop, not how it develops later on. Everything wonshot described is on point.
You missed my point entirely, dude. I know the pop swings both ways. I've been here quite a while. I've even played on both sides, how about that!

Ninjagon whines and moans that it's destro population advantage that gives them wins in LotD, yet it's crickets when order steamrolls zones left, right, and center. He does this despite real numbers not lying about the population being even AND Order "blob everything" tactics not working in LotD. That mindless tactic works great in the orvr campaign, but you have to use strategy, not numbers here.

It's not a numbers disadvantage. It makes zero sense that order zergs all week in the campaign and then suddenly out of nowhere destro has a huge numbers advantage during the weekly LotD zone. Population is capped on both sides. Order just does not adjust their tactics for this zone and gets sad cause they continue to lose. Easier to blame it on something you can't control than to realize that you made the mistakes.

Go back and search my posts, this ain't my first post on this thread and you'll realize where I'm coming from.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

normanis

Post#217 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:10 am

seems zerg is fine?? reduce aoe from 24 to 9. so ppl stop zerging. ppl dont have balls to leave wc without 3 wb blob.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#218 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:16 am

Order hat a warband in lotd with 50% healers...
You see in the class overview that order had significantly more healers in zone compared to destro. Too many healer = not good.
While order was losing in lotd, a lot other order players took undefended keeps in rvr zone.
Who is to blame?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Asderas27

Post#219 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:00 am

Ninjagon still whining about lotd losses lmao.
Classic Bene Tlielax move
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Uberlix

Post#220 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am

One sore Loser even went onto the Twitch Stream of our WB Lead:

Which brings me to two VERY valid points:

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 am I like how the rvr campaign is absolutely dominated week in and week out by Order rolling fort after fort to the point where they take near empty forts cause everyone logs one side, yet the second LotD discussion comes into play suddenly its "Destro is overpopulated!!"

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:08 am Ninjagon whines and moans that it's destro population advantage that gives them wins in LotD, yet it's crickets when order steamrolls zones left, right, and center. He does this despite real numbers not lying about the population being even AND Order "blob everything" tactics not working in LotD. That mindless tactic works great in the orvr campaign, but you have to use strategy, not numbers here.

It's not a numbers disadvantage. It makes zero sense that order zergs all week in the campaign and then suddenly out of nowhere destro has a huge numbers advantage during the weekly LotD zone. Population is capped on both sides. Order just does not adjust their tactics for this zone and gets sad cause they continue to lose. Easier to blame it on something you can't control than to realize that you made the mistakes.

Go back and search my posts, this ain't my first post on this thread and you'll realize where I'm coming from.

Destro won an engagement in the very beginning of LOTD, where the numbers were about even and it was blob versus blob. Later on, destro continued to stick together and moved as a blob, winning big engagements.

Live by the blob, die by the blob.

Must be disheartening, seeing your side lose, even if the numbers are about even in engagements. So funny to see, how a screenshot gets posted, when the losing side gets pushed all the way to the warcamp.

Meanwhile, earlier in this thread:

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:25 pm

At last I finally have the picture of destro, running in fear all the way back to their base camp.
Spoiler:

You didn't see destro players posting a similar screenshot here and bragging about the other realm "running in fear all the way back to their base camp".

But you were more than happy to cry about the EXACT SAME SITUATION, when you were on the receiving end

Which is honestly mindblowing to me, since i know that you can actually be a good sport about this

Ninjagon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:36 pm
Uberlix wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:30 pm This LOTD seemed pretty even in numbers, at least the kills suggest that. Was close at the start in overall points as well, would be propa if a git could hit us up with the statistics for todays LOTD.
Yes i can confirm that on order side we managed to CAP numbers of players for todays LOTD. So if destro did the same (looks like they did), the numbers were pretty even.

Destruction wins by far on points (1000 points difference), but they lost by kills (but almost even there). Destro plays better, especially the BO game. Nothing to complain about, gz.

Doesn't matter if the numbers are even or not, the Core Issue on the Side of Order stays the same. You yourself even admitted that, in that post.

How about you advocate for change on the side of order? You were the second highest in Kills on your realm this time around, which leads me to believe that you were more than happy to blob up instead of going for objectives. Correct me if i am wrong.

Order won a LOTD in the past, when they stepped up their game and captured the objectives, while destro was seriously slacking in that regard. So it CAN be done (and i personally gave credit where it is due, in this very thread)

Zerging works just fine in orvr, but clearly not in LOTD. So you can either step up, change up your game and adapt, improvise and overcome. OR you can refuse to do so and make the same redundant posts in this thread over and over again instead.

Your choice.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!