Recent Topics

Ads

Scs need a change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Talladego

Re: Scs need a change

Post#31 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:20 am Edit: push more 6v6 scs for PUGs IMO. Force these cats to actually play their class. Learn to Guard swap, Assist, Detaunt, positional awareness, proper CC usage, etc.

Basically, learn the **** game and you won't get stomped on repeat as often.

Or, join a group. Either way, cater to casual solos LESS. Hell, make the weekend SC require duo or higher to que for. Solo PUGs already have an SC just for them.

Oh, and stop **** surrendering every SC. Fight it out as a group, learn, try to get better. Yes, sometimes surrender is valid. Rarely.
Forcing people to play a certain way in a game that was originally designed to be casual friendly is a great way to make those people play other games.
Casuals are casuals for a reason.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#32 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:51 pm I think right now it is one of the best. Perhaps that can be changed somehow.

just split prem and casual SCs, all queues available for each. losing a prem sc with anything more than 100 points should reward as much as winning a casual sc. then people who wanna group can fight each other and be rewarded for the effort of making a group/added stress and difficulty and people who just wanna smack each other around and learn their class/try out an off build that no group will pick up can do so in an environment where they won't get completely stomped and quit the game

the increased rewards may also incentivize more casuals to group together and have a go
Last edited by tazdingo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabbart

Post#33 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Talladego wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:45 pm
Forcing people to play a certain way in a game that was originally designed to be casual friendly is a great way to make those people play other games.
Casuals are casuals for a reason.
Wut. The OP wants to force people to play a certain way. Not me. I said duo+ for weekend SC event. That's still very casual friendly.

We have a PUG solo Q SC. No one is asking to remove that. I am criticizing poor gameplay, and general laziness, not forcing anyone to do anything. You're argument applies to the OP that wants to remove ALL premade SC groups. Not me.

Also, we disagree in what casual friendly means. To me, it means you can go play and do what you want. NOT that the entire game is based around casuals and hardcores are actively punished so the casual can compete.

You can't compete as a casual. In anything. You can play, you can have fun, but you wont be competitive. That takes time, effort, and some level of dedication. Y'know, like everything else in Life.

Casual friendly shouldn't impact the premades. That's why we have a separate SC Q just for PUGs. To keep them separate. If you want to Q outside of that, either make a group or stop complaining when you face groups.

Edit: also, casual doesn't equal PUG. I know plenty that logon rarely, but when they do they want to be grouped. And I know plenty of hardcore active players that NEVER group. Not all PUGs are casuals, not all casuals are PUGs.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Talladego

Post#34 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm Wut. The OP wants to force people to play a certain way. Not me. I said duo+ for weekend SC event. That's still very casual friendly.

We have a PUG solo Q SC. No one is asking to remove that. I am criticizing poor gameplay, and general laziness, not forcing anyone to do anything. You're argument applies to the OP that wants to remove ALL premade SC groups. Not me.
You wrote "Force these cats to actually play their class..." while I agree that learning your class is a good thing I think you learn less from being stomped by premades over and over than if both sides are fairly balanced.
I also believe a large part of the server population only play for shorter periods of time, an hour or less in between doing other real-life stuff.
That means forming premade groups is rarely an option.
Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm Also, we disagree in what casual friendly means. To me, it means you can go play and do what you want. NOT that the entire game is based around casuals and hardcores are actively punished so the casual can compete.
I was referring to that some of the innovations of the original game was: Public Quests, Open Warbands and Solo Queues for Scenarios.
Compared to this game's predecessor Dark age of Camelot where you had to spend hours trying to form a group to accomplish anything in the game, those innovations made WAR much more casual-friendly.
Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm You can't compete as a casual. In anything. You can play, you can have fun, but you wont be competitive. That takes time, effort, and some level of dedication. Y'know, like everything else in Life.
Sure but being competitive is not a priority for some players. Playing for fun is.
Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm Casual friendly shouldn't impact the premades. That's why we have a separate SC Q just for PUGs. To keep them separate. If you want to Q outside of that, either make a group or stop complaining when you face groups.

Edit: also, casual doesn't equal PUG. I know plenty that logon rarely, but when they do they want to be grouped. And I know plenty of hardcore active players that NEVER group. Not all PUGs are casuals, not all casuals are PUGs.
So to participate in the Weekend SC event you have to form a group or accept being stomped.

Clearly when implementing the Ranked system the devs understood the importance of separating solo players from group players.
Why that reasoning doesn't carry over to standard scenarios is very strange to me.

Akilinus

Post#35 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Solo ranked killed any hope of any healthy group ranked.

If you do the same change to normal scenarios you will see the same result.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#36 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:14 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:54 pm Solo ranked killed any hope of any healthy group ranked.

If you do the same change to normal scenarios you will see the same result.
My opinion was that ranked should solely be fully premade 6 man vs fully premade 6 man on a short daily 2 hour window for EU, NA, and OCE times. I further suggested it to be preset teams of 10 charcters (6 active 4 subs) that persisted through the entire season (not these comically long seasons). When you got an in-game notification that ranked was starting in 15 minutes, you get your group together, wait for the queue to unlock, and try to squeeze out every win you can get in that two hour window. Once you participate in a window that day, you're locked out of the next two windows. No ELO rating, just pure team ladder.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tuxedo013

Post#37 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:58 pm

One change for SC's would be implementation of 1 cross realm pug sc similar to solo ranked.
Pug SC's are usually like one side is full with dps-ers and few healers almost no healers, when other side has lots of tanks and healers.
It would cause alot of salt to biased playerbase but cross realm filling would help a bit into balancing pug SC's!

cboy

Post#38 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:15 am

geezereur wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:07 am Ironclad is prob the worst sc in the game.
Twisting Tower has entered the chat.

Ads
Amdus

Post#39 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:41 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:04 am
Regardless of my opinion on the SCs it's honestly pretty triggering that for an average RoR player default response to losing is asking devs to change the game, not improving.
Well, all people that had a different approach to the game quit or got banned, this is the playerbase that remains, sadly. They aren't too many but they are very loud. In all honesty, I think it's very simple as I have said countless times. This isn't the first MMO out there, nor is the last. In fact is the result of a failed game. Identifying why it failed and taking a look at the succesful MMO's should give a good idea on what direction to take, this obviously, is my opinion.
Kuschell wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:39 am
And thats what i ment with ppl gonna cry. The first one stating learn to play, yeah what i read between the line is plz dont do that so i can just continue to stomp random pugs with crap setup with my 2-2-2 and tell ppl how skilled iam becouse i win 10/10. Why dont you go and prove yourself in ranked, than we will see how good you can play the Game?
I don't see how anyone can prove any sort of skill in the current state of the game. I think it's very sad that some people still have such a massive ego with the current state of the game. Ignore them and don't fall for their baits. Try to enjoy the game, it has plenty of things to offer still.

Sinisterror

Post#40 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:27 am

Tuxedo013 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:58 pm One change for SC's would be implementation of 1 cross realm pug sc similar to solo ranked.
Pug SC's are usually like one side is full with dps-ers and few healers almost no healers, when other side has lots of tanks and healers.
It would cause alot of salt to biased playerbase but cross realm filling would help a bit into balancing pug SC's!
+1
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz