Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario balance proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Everdin

Re: Scenario balance proposal

Post#51 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:43 am

mynban wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:34 am I love the mental gymnastics from people who want premade-vs-pug stompfests to keep on going, defending the loopholes allowing premades into discordant queue.
enlighten us, how would you stop this issue! Don't say "Just check if they made 5 sc together or where in the same guild during the last 5 years". Give a waterproof concept!

Most of the detractors here are not able to distinguish a premade from a pug group even if they would name their chars "Iamapremade1-6". As mentioned before, just because people are rearange groups at the beginning or do such horrible things like assist and move together only means they know what they do.

A big factor in pug sc is the amount of 2 man groups, two people playing together with voice, assist, guard can easy take out a 6 man of random dudes without a plan and healing. I often play solo myself, and I hate if I get stomped, like everyone else, but in most cases there is no way to determine if the enemy is premade or just plain better.

Edit: Just courious, where would all the 3-5 man play in a world where it's only pug or 6man
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:12 pm

Man, it's a good thing GM's work solely on hard evidence. Lots of yelling in this thread, not a single actionable report.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

butsushi

Post#53 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:21 am

The reason for this post was not punishing anyone. I have a print of 5 players from same guild in the discordant skirmish and punishing them doesn't resolve the issue.

The idea was to brainstorm on a way to make discordant skirmish better.

I had questions like, why even allow duos? Why not create two concurrent scen queues and round robin users queueing together? I have been reading complains in the chat that both order and destro are putting premades inside discordant via duos queueing together. I cannot prove it, but it really seems the case, you can see it in the game play, solos are chaotic, disorganized even when moving together, reaction times are slow, but not premades.

Unfortunately, after reading chat and posts in this thread I think I finally understand it.
This is a predator's game. The predators are the grouped well organized high RR players on discord and the prey are the solo players. Solo players will either quit or endure until they get high RR and find a premade to then ego farm on solos.

How can ego farming solos be a thing a well-organized group would take pride on? I cannot understand it.

Then it hit me that the problem is actually me. Being solo in a group-oriented predator's game and not liking the intrusive and immersion destructive thing discord is makes me the incorrect player for this game.

Sulorie

Post#54 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 am

butsushi wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:21 am ...I cannot prove it, but it really seems the case, you can see it in the game play, solos are chaotic, disorganized even when moving together, reaction times are slow, but not premades.
No, solo players don't have to be chaotic and disorganized. There are many things players can do without communicating with their team via voice to support their team and play as a unit.
If someone in your group needs help, they could yell in voice chat, sure. The teammates could pay attention to their surroundings as well to help without having someone call them via voice.
You could call assist on enemy targets via voice or you set assist macro and just spam it to get the current target without ever talking to someone.

New and inexperienced players or old and bad players are chaotic and disorganized, this has nothing to do with pug, premade or solos in general.
Dying is no option.