Recent Topics

Ads

New player, Fresh level 40 Order

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Farrul

Re: New player, Fresh level 40 Order

Post#11 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:56 pm

poojaviewed wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:06 pm Well, I like playing both scenarios. In my opinion, the devs need to make sides more balanced
Pug scenarios works as a small scale demonstration of the problem with the faction balance at large. There will be more tanks on destro side and healers, hence the intra-class balance is better on Destro side.

There has been numerous posts in the past suggesting this is a player mentality issue but it's not really, the server is filled mostly with the same people / x-realmers and some new players here and there.

1) Tanks: Destro tanks have certain advantages which means a larger % of the factions population will roll tanks on this faction compared to Order, this is an observable fact.

The most obvious case is Chosen vs Kotbs. Chosen is allowed to have dps as relief from the tanking duties whereas Kotbs is not. The result is that more players will (rightfully) consider Chosen a more worthwhile investment of their time since the class is versatile in gameplay. Shame really since the Kotbs has some of the best aesthetics on Order side. The final outcome is that more players will stick to their Chosens mains and in comparison more Kotbs will be on their SWs/DPS AM alts instead, once they got tired of being aura/punt bots for their team and the dream of being a proper fantasy Knight crushed(Knights as elite warriors in fantasy/medievel warfare is not the class to deprive in a dps regard even though it belongs to a tank-archetype, i'd love to play a knight myself but find this treatment disrepectful to the very basic idea of a knight). These two aura tanks are the most vital tanks/classes in the game and not having them on your team whilst the enemy does spells disaster.

I2) Dps: Destro has more melee dps, a large % of the faction dps plays Choppaz and the average melee dps on destro side will find itself guarded due to having more tank guards available. Order players are told to roll slayers, even though the slayer is the most potent dps class in the game it requires guard/heal to function, guess what Order lacks? The result is fewer slayers/melee since they suck when not supported and more SW's, Engineer's and DPS AM's pew pew away from the angry green blob, this is a negative cycle starting at point 1).

The abundance of Order Rdps/WH's ins't the players fault. General lack of Order tanks that truly sticks to their mains in comparison to destro is the faction balance issue at its roots.

3) Healers witout a proper frontline holding the enemy melee line at bay playing a healer won't be as fun, and the end result is less healers on average on Order compared to destro, again this becomes obvious in pug scenarios.

I appreciate a lot what the ror team has done and keeps doing but this is a glaring issue that they have either failed to realize or for some reason won't do anything about. It's almost as if we're all afraid of what would happen if suddenly Order vs Destro became more balanced in class role distribution, to the point where Order is considered the ''Ranged Faction'' despite having just as many ranged classes on destro side.
Last edited by Farrul on Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Farrul

Re: New player, Fresh level 40 Order

Post#12 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 pm

edit: double