Recent Topics

Ads

Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
b00n

Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

Post#1 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Hello,

so I know this is going to get a heated discussion, but I want to at least address some issues I see with the current state of Melee Dps with Medium Armor and the Aoe cap of 24.

The problem:
Slayer/Choppa, Mara/WL are classes that have medium armor, great aoe and also a solid single target spec.
1. if you compare this to BW/Sorc, they trade their damage for light armor - a pretty fair tradeoff
2. if you compare this to Engi/Magus, I'd say it's tough, but I'd argue it needs some love on Engi/Magus because the turrect mechanics are just weird
3, If you compare it to WH/WE, I think we have a big divergence. When you see a Choppa/Slayer/Wl/Mara having the chance to slow/pull and drop the parry chance from a We/Wh, it doesn't look fair because they can also hit as hard as We/Wh.

Possible solutions(Not all together just some suggestions):
- Give wh/we a snare without positional requirement
- Decrease the single traget damage of the AoE classes.
- Increase the damage of the Rouge classes. (Yes I know pew-pew out of stealth dead, but when you play in warband-scale you are in cc most of the time or get nuked dead because light armor or out of ap or you just don't have enough burst).

Clarification: I just don't want a WitchHunter/WitchElf buff, I want it to be considered as a whole.
These medium armor classes, should not be stronger n categories where a Light armor class should have superiority.

Additional consideration:
If the damage get's tuned, the healing output of the healing-classes also need to be adjusted since they perform also kinda over the top

Regards, See you on the battlefield
Last edited by b00n on Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

Post#2 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:28 pm

- Give wh/we a base parry of 10 or 20%. (Without a need of tactic) - Already get the best detaunt of the MDPS.
- Give wh/we a snare without positional requirement - Feinted positioning should do this? Can't remember. They're the only MDPS with a ranged snare already, combined with WE/WH now also getting a charge.
- Decrease the single traget damage of the AoE classes. - There is a deep issue with SL/Choppa with 2H specs not being viable but they need reworking so you don't just always go left&right trees.
- Increase the damage of the Rouge classes. - These classes already have some of the best DPS going at the moment, and you want more?

A good WE/WH definitely shows their survivability. Plenty of tricks available to keep safe.

Detangler

Re: Melee DPS on medium armor compared to melee DPS on light armor needs some adjustment.

Post#3 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:35 pm

No.... just no.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Rydiak

Post#4 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Buffing two of the strongest ST MDPS is probably not a good idea.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Minisynn

Post#5 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:59 pm

WHs have an immense amount of defensive tools available to them in their kits to compensate for their light armour compared to SL/WL - and their single target damage is absolutely on par with other classes too. Their aoe obviously isn't as strong, but they fill a utility role of morale drain/pumper and bring crowd control with it.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

lemao

Post#6 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Why "fix" something which is not broken ? another useless post.

wachlarz

Post#7 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:26 pm

wh/we right now destroy all solo roam play. ppl just stop play small scale. Only wb. What is point making a wb when enemy have 60% aao and in the zone is 50 ppl?

diegomess

Post#8 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:43 pm

i agree on the healers part, they perform over the top and they pretty much unkillable unless u have 4+ppl hard focusing them.... looking at you runies i'll get you one day >:C
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Ads
b00n

Post#9 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:46 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:26 pm wh/we right now destroy all solo roam play. ppl just stop play small scale. Only wb. What is point making a wb when enemy have 60% aao and in the zone is 50 ppl?
if they really destroy solo roam play is a different topic, but if you think so feel free to make your own topic with ideas and proper problem description. Maybe the team can do something about it.

I already thought about that problem too, and i would love to see a mechanism which removes wh/we grouping up or just vanish pew pew and always get a kill.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+

b00n

Post#10 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:51 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:01 pm Why "fix" something which is not broken ? another useless post.
ok and your oneliner is a proper fix?
How is it that some people here only tear individual sentences out of context and always answer only grumpy unconstructive?

It is "broken" in the simple comparison that a medium armor class has 20-30% more parry rating than a light armor class and even if this so much parry rating does not even begin to reach the same damage potential as this (except WH 100% parry ability.)