Recent Topics

Ads

Battle Zones (BZ)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
SuperStar

Re: Battle Zones (BZ)

Post#11 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:58 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:12 pm Updated with new BZ: Siege of Tor Elyr
This should play like big CH22 PQ with attacking players trying to complete their PQ stages and defending players trying to stop them with the help of strong NPCs and a raid-boss like Lord (not just a meatbag).
I feel like the PvEvP (or in this case P+E v P) is completely under utilized and this is an attempt to bring the best of both worlds together.
It is also designed to be flexible with defenders having a decent chance even with high AAO.

Update for Battle for the Great Vortex: Malekith replaced with Morathi (his mommy, as last time he faced Teclis, he was seconds away from total annihilation)

Next up: probably Barak Varr (one of the, if not the, coolest places in the entire game imo)
I love it. This is a very good way imo.
I hope the devs thinks the same coz i really bored the current rvr, i never was a big fan of it, its true but after a decade or more idk it is the time to shake it up.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:30 pm

excellent suggestions.

Lithenir

Post#13 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:22 pm

Dude your ideas are awesome!
I can only hope the devs are considering it and that it is doable.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:03 am

i'd like to make a suggestion to OP. it would be fun if one battle zone there would be no respawns. healers would be allowed to rezz, but no respawns. (or it respawns you in jail, like in fort).

i think we all hate primetime stalemates, where after an hour or two of fighting meaninglessly, you want to have a fight that will win or lose a game. lately in 8-11pm altdorf time, we either have one side outnumbering other which results in pve. or we have them evenly matched, we fight untill 10:30-11pm, which is when people start to log off/xrealm, which is when pve resumes.

BluIzLucky

Post#15 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am

Hmm.. could be a fun theme in Chaos Wastes, and maybe if not ressed after 3 mins you respawn but your soul is claimed by a Chaos god and you are now it's champion (hey, 3rd faction lovers) and all your kills also claims, so it ends up being big mixed realm random chaos with biggest team winning in the end :lol:

But regardless.. I do think these BZ already do what you want, by setting finite time (45 mins) for one side to win and providing some meaningful and different objectives to fight over.
And maybe the 1st trigger rule can be adjusted, but it's definitely meant to go off when what you describe happens
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Lithenir

Post#16 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am Hmm.. could be a fun theme in Chaos Wastes, and maybe if not ressed after 3 mins you respawn but your soul is claimed by a Chaos god and you are now it's champion (hey, 3rd faction lovers) and all your kills also claims, so it ends up being big mixed realm random chaos with biggest team winning in the end :lol:
As much as I think that this idea would be fun, I can see it instantly being abused and see WBs just suicide and making a 3 mins break to play Chaos champions

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#17 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:32 am

Cool ideas, man! Would love to see more of the game zones used in T4. The game is gorgeous! Why not enjoy MORE of it! Especially in a meaningful way like this!
Last edited by GrishnakBlagtoof on Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Scottx125

Post#18 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:44 am

I like it, sounds good!
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#19 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:10 pm

Next up: probably Barak Varr (one of the, if not the, coolest places in the entire game imo)

when dwarf event was up i thought the same - dayum such a cool zone and no dwafchads vs greenchuds action :/

Strakar

Post#20 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 pm

I think it's a great idea. Question/concerns-

1. Would this stretch the low current pop even thinner, particularly during NA time.
2. What kind of rewards would incent people to keep playing. Maybe ch 22 type offerings or a way to get pve tokens. Or just another way to get crests?

Sorry if this was mentioned, at work with some TLDR.